debts or not

Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debts or not

Can we please continue this discussion without any more name-calling. It is perfectly possible to have a reasoned argument without descending to personal abuse, so lets try and have a debt thread without insults for a change.
Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeanettetlw
i dont have credit cards,loans or even an overdraft,i own my own house al i am talking about council tax etc etc
Go for it love! Be a bit dangerous, push that envelope! I bet you leave your bin out for days after collection too!

Be careful seriously. Things like council tax etc will bite you if you want to go back. Think hard, many don't settle and then you have these worries if you go back. It is better to just clear them and you can have a clear conscience.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can we please continue this discussion without any more name-calling. It is perfectly possible to have a reasoned argument without descending to personal abuse, so lets try and have a debt thread without insults for a change.
Thanks
I didn't call anyone names miss! I'm just playing!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:40 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I didn't call anyone names miss! I'm just playing!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

Nothing wrong with my morals MATE! It's just that I am much more concerned about people than money. You need to lighten up. People are dying all around the world from hunger and war and you are getting your knickers all twisted about some random on the internet who may or may not skip on a debt. Please try to refrain from calling me more names please, it's not big and it's not clever.
Then please refrain from calling me mate!! Because I would never be friends with someone who has such loose morals!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by samjones1999
Then please refrain from calling me mate!! Because I would never be friends with someone who has such loose morals!!!!
You suggesting I am a tart now? How very dare you! Can I borrow 50 quid mate?
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

I essentially agree. However, the whole moral thing folk bang on about is flawed. Banks have no moral outlook. For years they have been irresponsible in lending and created the whole problem in the first place. The idea that you are morally bankrupt if you stiff a financial institution is quite amusing.
Pay, don't pay. Makes no difference to me, their choice.As i said, it isn't a crime and if you feel you can live with it, go for it.
I cleared all my obligations before leaving including a debt of 325 quid I didn't actually owe. Just seemed easier than all the drama.
Agree re the drama. Can not be arsed with what ifs and watching my back, have enough on.

The moral obligation is an interesting point, and yes if you can live with it then ??
I am forever installing in my kids about the importance of money and responsibility. Its hard, its so bloody hard. Especially when we live in a 'I want it now and you can' with out the consequences of how your going to pay for it (never mind the interest on top!) Credit cards are sold to them like sweets being offered to a kid. They are made to look young and fun, with no 'moral' obligation attached. So yes banks have a lot to answer for, but at the same time we have to educate our young at what cost
C x
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

i didnt call anyone any names
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Or at least post the question is it Ok to steal it??
There's a big difference between theft and non-payment of debts. One is a criminal offence (theft), the other isn't.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Ah go on! You will, you will, you will!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:54 pm
Home and Happy

I did not aim my request at any specific poster Jeanette but it is a well-known fact on here that debt threads usually lead to name calling, hence this was a general request - asking posters who have been name-calling not to do it, and requesting those who haven't started, not to bother!

I don't want to close the thread but if it gets out of order either I or another moderator will have to.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

jd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant future

You suggesting I am a tart now? How very dare you! Can I borrow 50 quid mate?

Don't think I would lend for £50 - I`ve heard you have no morals

Last edited by jd6969uk; Mar 15th 2010 at 10:00 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

It was people defaulting on bad loans that started the banking crisis.
No it wasn't. It was the US Federal Reserve that called in mortgage debt, causing people to default and consequently caused the collapse of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

What do are you saying Jeanettetlw

You post, and then say you not doing this or that. Council tax, is that what you mean> WTF
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I did not aim my request at any specific poster Jeanette but it is a well-known fact on here that debt threads usually lead to name calling, hence this was a general request - asking posters who have been name-calling not to do it, and requesting those who haven't started, not to bother!

I don't want to close the thread but if it gets out of order either I or another moderator will have to.
Can I use the PM system to call people names? I am feeling naughty today but don't want turned into a frog or something. If you can make me look like George Clooney that would be ok.
I am thinking of using my credit card for some plastic surgery and then fleeing back to the UK without paying. Is this ok?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.