debts or not

Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debts or not

Originally Posted by jeanettetlw
oh so many opionions all i said was do i leave my debts behind,i never mentioned banks,at the moment i still pay all my debts,there are other debts other than banks and credit cards,eg council tax water rates phone contract etc et.as for sam jones 1999 if THIS country is so great why are you on a forum about australia,knife crime,immegration out of control,nhs dont work,kids cant read or write,no jobs,not so great i think,you need to read thread from jd6969 at least he speaks the truth,as for the banks who did bring the countryto its knees through greed and stupidity,fail at your job,get goverment to bail you out and still get stupid bonusus
Whoa, hang on a minute. You must have known as soon as you typed it that you'd get some replies that you didn't like - it's a public forum. There is no difference between the UK and Aus in terms of real life and none of that is relevant to your question. Don't take offence because you don't like an answer. Personally I think the discussion has moved away from your question because people gave you replies that are relevant. It's since become more general.

You can't pick and choose how people reply.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

oh so many opionions all i said was do i leave my debts behind,i never mentioned banks,at the moment i still pay all my debts,there are other debts other than banks and credit cards,eg council tax water rates phone contract etc et.as for sam jones 1999 if THIS country is so great why are you on a forum about australia,knife crime,immegration out of control,nhs dont work,kids cant read or write,no jobs,not so great i think,you need to read thread from jd6969 at least he speaks the truth,as for the banks who did bring the countryto its knees through greed and stupidity,fail at your job,get goverment to bail you out and still get stupid bonusus
Out of interest, who do you think makes up the shortfall when people default on the council tax and other debts?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Out of interest, who do you think makes up the shortfall when people default on the council tax and other debts?
I consider debt to be debt. As Steve said, doesn't matter who it's owed to, if you owe money you pay it back. End of. My brother borrowed money from the Mother once. Won't do that again, he'd use a backstreet loan shark next time, get better treatment.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:02 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Pay yer debt don't pay yer debt

Do a runner and move to Aus with more cash....well we could have done that but we decided to pay up in full and move with a totally clean slate.

I personally dont have an issue with defaulters,personal choice and all that but atleast we can sleep a little bit easier at night.

Last edited by stuckinblighty; Mar 15th 2010 at 10:09 am.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I consider debt to be debt. As Steve said, doesn't matter who it's owed to, if you owe money you pay it back. End of. My brother borrowed money from the Mother once. Won't do that again, he'd use a backstreet loan shark next time, get better treatment.

Me too. But some people seem to think that if the "government" picks up the tab or even "the banks" that it is ok and hurts nobody. They don't seem to realise that ultimately it is the rest of us picking up the tab and wondered if the OP had a) not worked that out or b) worked it out but still didn't give a stuff.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Ironic that the OP goes on about the "greed and stupidity" of the banks yet they are the ones in debt and are trying to shirk that responsibility.

Last edited by 77hil; Mar 15th 2010 at 11:42 am.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Now council tax is nothing more than theft by the local government.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 77hil
Ironic that the OP goes on about the "greed and stupidity" of the banks yet they are the ones in debt.
So by your logic, everybody that is in debt is greedy and stupid?

Do you have a mortgage?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Deancm
So by your logic, everybody that is in debt is greedy and stupid?

Do you have a mortgage?
I read it that 77hil was commenting that it was a bit rich of somebody with debts they cannot or will not pay back, to start calling banks "greedy and stupid". Pot. Kettle type of thing.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Now council tax is nothing more than theft by the local government.
I partly agree with you - in the UK local government is very inefficient - but CT goes to pay for local social services, education, policing, fire brigade, rubbish collection etc.

These things have to be paid for somehow.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:33 pm
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

no i dont have a mortgage i own my own house
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:37 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

If you own your own house, can you not just sell the house and pay the debts?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:39 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

So when you move there's no reason why you can't pay off your debts.

What you're really wanting to know is if you can get away with it. Had you planned to sell the house and pay off your debts then you wouldn't be on here asking this question.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

GREED AND STUPIDITY, a little IRONIC don't you think. It's not that you can't afford to pay off your debts, you just think it's morally O.K.to leave them for us to pay. Well Bon Voyage, I wish you every luck in the world, just one more word KARMA
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjones1999
GREED AND STUPIDITY, a little IRONIC don't you think. It's not that you can't afford to pay off your debts, you just think it's morally O.K.to leave them for us to pay. Well Bon Voyage, I wish you every luck in the world, just one more word KARMA
Sorry,got the giggles today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.