BundyMum update

Old Nov 14th 2004, 6:47 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BundyMum update

Originally Posted by kath n kim
Hi Bundy, with so much on your plate right now I'm amazed you find time to think of keeping us folks updated, let alone get round to doing it!
But I'm glad you do, 'cos we're all thinking of you, hoping everythings improving and wishing you all well, so it's great to hear from you.
Sending good wishes.
K n K

Ahhh, but I owe a huge debt of gratitude to everyone here, not just for all the kind words, but for the waves of support that come flying towards me whenever I read these threads. Keeping you all updated is the least I can do! And with a week back at work, I need to have something to keep me occupied
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:16 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Ahhh, but I owe a huge debt of gratitude to everyone here, not just for all the kind words, but for the waves of support that come flying towards me whenever I read these threads. Keeping you all updated is the least I can do! And with a week back at work, I need to have something to keep me occupied
You and your mum and dad are in my thoughts, bundy. Here is a poem you might like to share with your mum.

Thank You, Mother

Thank you, Mother,

For teaching me self-confidence

and the freedom to be who I am,

to do what I can,

and to solve problems the best I can.

Thank you, Mother,

for showing me how to appreciate life

and to find happiness

in whatever comes my way.

Thank you, Mother,

for holding me close

and letting me go,

all at the same time.

Thank you for always being there,

and for always being my friend.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that BM is doing well. Your dad sounds like he could do with a bloody good drink! Hope the boss is being helpful and considerate but you know where your priorities are so ignore the attitude. How did your brother's grad go?

Very impressed if the doctors get BM up and running (well almost) so soon. When the health service works, it can't be beat can it.

All the best.

Penny
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Great to hear that BM is doing well. Your dad sounds like he could do with a bloody good drink! Hope the boss is being helpful and considerate but you know where your priorities are so ignore the attitude. How did your brother's grad go?

Very impressed if the doctors get BM up and running (well almost) so soon. When the health service works, it can't be beat can it.

All the best.

Penny
Hey Penny,

Yep, my dad needs a drink! Sadly his blood pressure won't allow it

The boss? Hmmm.....at least I now know for certain that it's not blood running through her veins.

Brother's grad was great, but a little sad. The worst bit was when he had to go down to get his gown fitted etc. Everyone there had just taken their mum down with them and there's the poor boy with only me, his big sis, to pick fluff off his jacket and straighten his tie. He got a bit tearful at that stage. Luckily his best friend/girlfriend/ex-girlfriend (we can't work out which) was also graduating and her family were there treating my brother like one of their own and her mum gave him big mumsy hugs which cheered him up. And he looked very smart and sauntered across the stage to cheers and applause. And I now know what he studied for 3 years! (Interactive Media Production, apparently).
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

Latest news on BM.....

My dad and older brother went to see the registrar yesterday to find out more about my mum's condition and prognosis. Basically, her spine is in a terrible state and there are three growths on her liver. They've given her 6-9 months at the most and the aim is to get her spine to hold together long enough so that her liver can fail. That sounds weird, but it will give her a more peaceful end, hopefully without paralysis.

In lots of ways it's a relief, both because my dad and I thought she wouldn't make it to Christmas but also because we now have a clearer idea of how long we all have left to spend with her. She doesn't actually know the final prognosis - although I reckon she suspects - and my dad wants to wait until she is back in her nice, comfortable, friendly hospice before telling her.

So, we'd better make this the best Christmas ever, because she's unlikely to be here for the next one.....
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Latest news on BM.....

My dad and older brother went to see the registrar yesterday to find out more about my mum's condition and prognosis. Basically, her spine is in a terrible state and there are three growths on her liver. They've given her 6-9 months at the most and the aim is to get her spine to hold together long enough so that her liver can fail. That sounds weird, but it will give her a more peaceful end, hopefully without paralysis.

In lots of ways it's a relief, both because my dad and I thought she wouldn't make it to Christmas but also because we now have a clearer idea of how long we all have left to spend with her. She doesn't actually know the final prognosis - although I reckon she suspects - and my dad wants to wait until she is back in her nice, comfortable, friendly hospice before telling her.

So, we'd better make this the best Christmas ever, because she's unlikely to be here for the next one.....
Am sorry to hear that Bundy but can understand your relief too, its a tough horrible world sometimes (we lost my brothers best friend at weekend - had brain tumour, 33 and left behind a young daughter and wife but he died peacefully and no longer in any pain - just painful for us who have to live without him ), reading your posts about your Mum gives alot of courage and inspiration, am sending a huge hug to you
love
Teresa xx
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:42 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

So, we'd better make this the best Christmas ever, .
Sounds like a plan!

Lots of hugs,

Simone
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It does make it easier in a way, having some kind of time frame, doesn't it.
Big hug Bundy, and a lovely gentle cuddles for Bundymum.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:56 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It does make it easier in a way, having some kind of time frame, doesn't it.
Big hug Bundy, and a lovely gentle cuddles for Bundymum.

Absolutely, makes it much easier. We didn't think we'd even have her for this Christmas, so in many ways it's a bit of a bonus.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Latest news on BM.....

Hi Bundy,

Make every day count !!!!

Christmas will be tough, but i know you will all enjoy yourselves.

Much Love

Bex 66
Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:59 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi Bundy,

Jill lost a close friend a year ago to cancer and they said a simialr time frame which ended up being 3 years. She lived every day as it was her last and had memorable time with her 6 year old daughter, friends and family. She was able to plan say all the things she wanted to.

Out thoughts will be with you over the next few months.

Lots of hugs

Warren, Jill, Imogen and Smudge
xxxxxx

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

*Hugs* Have a grand x-mas
Sorry about the sad news though

R.B
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:40 am
She's a bird, you know

Thanks guys...who knows how long we'll get in the end. The point is that it isn't going to be as long a time as we might have thought before all this happened. So, yes, making every day count.

The thing that upsets her most is not seeing her grandkids. Although I did point out to my older brother, married last July, that we might have 9 months and that, you know, there's time to squeeze in grandchild number one if he and my SIL get cracking! Seriously though, it is sad. But we're going to get my mum to tell us all the important things about our family, get a lot of stuff down on tape or video if we can so her grandchildren will get to know her. She may not be able to stick around long enough to meet them, but she'll always be there on the edge of things and she'll always be a big part of their lives.

It's my younger brother's birthday on Friday and my poor mum couldn't sign his card because she didn't know what to say. It's the little things like that which stop us in our tracks and makes us all a bit sad. Like my dad - he has to spend two nights on his own next week in a pause between relatives (my mum will be at the hospice). I asked him if he wanted me to bring my flight forward and he said no, he'd have to get used to being in the house on his own at some point. Out of all the news we've had recently, that's the bit that made me cry.

Anyway, we're going to push the boat out this Christmas, order in a lot of gin, get hold of some Bundy Rum because the whole famly loves it (especially my dad!), eat, drink, laugh, cry, talk, reflect and spend time together. Next aim: my mum wants to be well enough to go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

my mum wants to be well enough to go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.
That would be nice.

Hope it works out.

Best wishes

G
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:55 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
That would be nice.

Hope it works out.

Best wishes

G
Thanks G - I hope so too. It's a bit of a family tradition and one of my favourite bits of Christmas. Lots of mulled wine before walking to the church (I think we'll drive this year though, so no mulled wine for me ). Christmas Day service is good, but there's something more exciting about coming out of church so late with the bells ringing and everyone feeling all festive. So, we'll do our best to get her there for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.