Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bothered Australian

Originally Posted by Ghostface
how would that work? put some ipswichians on a bandstand and tourist's wander by pointing at their hair?
The guy I knew not only had weird hair, but he used to sit up all night when there was an election, and keep his own records of the results.........was always early for lectures so he could get a good seat, and used to rush to the library afterwards and look up EVERY reference........got a job for the Min of Agriculture filing their reports.............odd, very odd......

He made a big announcement about him and his girlfriend moving in together - we discovered that meant two adjacent bedsits, he had a fridge, she had a cooker, separate beds of course, in separate rooms....and he used to get really worried if she wanted to get the milk first thing in the morning.....

Thats Ipswich for you!!!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:50 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The guy I knew not only had weird hair, but he used to sit up all night when there was an election, and keep his own records of the results.........was always early for lectures so he could get a good seat, and used to rush to the library afterwards and look up EVERY reference........got a job for the Min of Agriculture filing their reports.............odd, very odd......

He made a big announcement about him and his girlfriend moving in together - we discovered that meant two adjacent bedsits, he had a fridge, she had a cooker, separate beds of course, in separate rooms....and he used to get really worried if she wanted to get the milk first thing in the morning.....

Thats Ipswich for you!!!!!!
Yep, that's Ipswich...the place I love to call home, until January 27th.

Incidentially, I'm considered an anomaly in Ipswich as my hair is only dodgy and not quite at the bad stage yet, but I'm working on it.

I've also come up with an amazing ruse. I reckon if I tell the local paper (falsely) that I'm moving to Ipswich downunder, they'll run a whole front page on the family.

Paul.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:54 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy

I've also come up with an amazing ruse. I reckon if I tell the local paper (falsely) that I'm moving to Ipswich downunder, they'll run a whole front page on the family.

Paul.
Probably would! You'd be a local hero........famous in Ipswich, what more could a guy want! :scared:
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:57 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

"famous in Ipswich"...we've all gotta have a dream.

I'm off home. Have a good weekend.

Paul.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Would you like some pizza?

garlic bread anyone?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:05 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jimtrish
garlic bread anyone?
I'll have a quick slice before bed ,,,,The Bloke just stumbled past, muttering "what are you still doing up"and I had to say I was discussing the use of olives on pizza,,,,,, not very convincing a reason for being on a computer at 3am!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:43 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by heraldic
I am an Australian living in the Uk, and while a love it here, the attitudes to OZ displayed on these pages bother me.
Australia is in my opinion an exciting vibrant country-the greatest threat to Australia is from small-minded English ex-pats trying their best to bring the values of "little-england" to OZ.
Firstly, in order to fit in to Australia,(fair enough) they endlessly bash us all over the head reminding us that Australia is "and always will be" an Anglo-saxon country- thereby not allowing Australians to move on and establish their own identity.
Although they are immigrants they think they have the right to talk of "foreigners" negatively-after all "we are not really foreigners-are we".
They land in Australia and feel exempt from the usual "respect for the locals" act-after all Australia is nothing more than a british colony.
Nothing more than a place english white-trash run to when ex-council housing becomes pricey in crawley or sheffield or whichever dump.
nothing more than a place english trash run to so "their taxes dont get spent on illegal immigrants".
it pains me as an Australian(7th generation) that people come here from England for racist reasons(not to mention the fact that it doesnt entirely make sense).
I like England but have come to the conclusion Australia must move on-England has thrown its lot in with Europe(good idea) and the commonwealth means nothing anymore-too few Aussies quite realise that.
When people compare Australia to Texas, i feel honored, but alas I know thats not true-we are still basically English-unfortunately.
new Australians form England should contribute to Australia moving on-not drag us constantly to our past-with the "little-englander" whining moaning and whingeing one hears on this site.
Why oh why did you have to slag Crawley off???????????? I was quite happy having a read of your post, agreeing with parts and disagreeing with others and then you call MY home town a "dump"

How can you seriously sit at your computer saying that people who say bad things about OZ are wrong whilst you are living in the UK right now and doing exactly the same thing about the UK.

Shame on you!!!

Kala ( born and bred Crawley girl with British parents ((one English the other Scottish)), married to an Aussie ((6th Generation)), living in OZ and proud of all of the above)
Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:56 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Why oh why did you have to slag Crawley off???????????? I was quite happy having a read of your post, agreeing with parts and disagreeing with others and then you call MY home town a "dump"
Cos he's a git faced troll, Kala, thats why! Still we got through some nice pizza while reading his drivel!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:59 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Cos he's a git faced troll, Kala, thats why! Still we got through some nice pizza while reading his drivel!
there is that and I even had real life pizza 2night a nice large meatasaurus from domino's. YUM YUM YUM

Kala
Old Dec 17th 2004, 5:28 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Ah Heraldic my little Troll....

7th Gen Aussie eh...Hmmmmm

Right if we base this upoon an average of 30 years for the next of your line

that would meen that your Family has been in Oz aproximately lets say Hmmm 210 years.

2004 - 210 years = Hmmm let me see......oh 1794 Ok

Now when did that 1st boat arrive ......errr that would be 1788

Right so your oldies would have got there around hmmmm oh 6 years after the first ship. Ok I still with ya on that one....atleast they didn't arrive before cos that would have made you either an Australian Aborigine or chinese.

So if they arrived there around that time and did not die of starvation in the first 20 years or so that would all work out but surely if they where on that 1st boat.......wouldn't that have made them hmmmmmm......probably English!

whooo wait a minute....I'm sure I heard something once about...now correct me if I am wrong....but wheren't all the first boats full of convicts

Convicts nowadays usually refered to as a chav

SOOOOOOOOOO lets just come to a conculsion here

YOU ARE A CHAV
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

"git faced troll" ... I'm quoting you so you can't delete that
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimtrish
garlic bread anyone?
Side order of coleslaw as well please!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by diddy
"Perth......how far?!!!"
"Chatham, so good they named it once" ... sorry, can't slag off any Aussie cities until I've compared them with the skidmark ... I mean benchmark
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heraldic
I am an Australian living in the Uk, and while a love it here, the attitudes to OZ displayed on these pages bother me.
Australia is in my opinion an exciting vibrant country..
What, are we talking about the same place, Australia on planet Earth?

it pains me as an Australian(7th generation) that people come here from England for racist reasons(not to mention the fact that it doesnt entirely make sense).
It may come as a shock to you, but Oz has an international reputation as a pretty racist country. Now, I know what you're thinking "How can this be?" It's beyond me too, Must be the 3rd world treatment of Aborigines - as highlighted by those silly folk at the UN - treatment of asylum seekers and the fact that very few of your Asian neighbours like you (I'm ignoring the ones that you buy off). Hello! Wake-up and smell the barbie...

When people compare Australia to Texas, i feel honored
Texas and Oz - twinned rednecks; how quaint
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:30 pm
heraldic

When I stated that the greatest threat to Australia today are English immigrants, well, that may have been a slight exaggeration.
Look I'm not suggesting we round up and shoot English immigrants -but I do feel that too many come to Australia imagining that in Australia they will rediscovery life as it "once was in England" -and get away from those putrid darkies infecting holy English soil.
I don't feel these are the type of immigrants that benifit Australia.
We should want forward thinking people not "little-englanders" in search of lost patradise-BNP-style.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.