Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bothered Australian

Originally Posted by heraldic
I am an Australian living in the Uk, and while a love it here, the attitudes to OZ displayed on these pages bother me.
Australia is in my opinion an exciting vibrant country-the greatest threat to Australia is from small-minded English ex-pats trying their best to bring the values of "little-england" to OZ.
Firstly, in order to fit in to Australia,(fair enough) they endlessly bash us all over the head reminding us that Australia is "and always will be" an Anglo-saxon country- thereby not allowing Australians to move on and establish their own identity.
Although they are immigrants they think they have the right to talk of "foreigners" negatively-after all "we are not really foreigners-are we".
They land in Australia and feel exempt from the usual "respect for the locals" act-after all Australia is nothing more than a british colony.
Nothing more than a place english white-trash run to when ex-council housing becomes pricey in crawley or sheffield or whichever dump.
nothing more than a place english trash run to so "their taxes dont get spent on illegal immigrants".
it pains me as an Australian(7th generation) that people come here from England for racist reasons(not to mention the fact that it doesnt entirely make sense).
I like England but have come to the conclusion Australia must move on-England has thrown its lot in with Europe(good idea) and the commonwealth means nothing anymore-too few Aussies quite realise that.
When people compare Australia to Texas, i feel honored, but alas I know thats not true-we are still basically English-unfortunately.
new Australians form England should contribute to Australia moving on-not drag us constantly to our past-with the "little-englander" whining moaning and whingeing one hears on this site.
Your comments reminded me of the little englander syndrome displayed by British soldiers in Germany just before the Berlin wall came down (1980's).
They were nasty little shits straight out of sink council estate's across the UK.
They drank swore and offended "them" the Germans.
Seems to me they moved on to Oz .

You can take the english out of England but you can't take the englander out of the english, they breed like rats for a start.

Maybe they can be rounded up, transferred to Tasmania and wiped out the same way as your convict ancestors did with the Abo's.

twat
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:34 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
"Chatham, so good they named it once" ... sorry, can't slag off any Aussie cities until I've compared them with the skidmark ... I mean benchmark
"Sydney - Australia's Number One City"

"Melbourne - Australia's Number Two City"

Only joking Melbourne peeps.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:53 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Side order of coleslaw as well please!
Coleslaw!! jesus wept!! HOW DARE YOOOUUU!! thats just a white mess on a plate!!! no no no nooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2004, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad
Coleslaw!! jesus wept!! HOW DARE YOOOUUU!! thats just a white mess on a plate!!! no no no nooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Is hummus a no-no too?
Old Dec 17th 2004, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

pauli71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an Australian living in the Uk, and while a love it here, the attitudes to OZ displayed on these pages bother me.
Australia is in my opinion an exciting vibrant country-the greatest threat to Australia is from small-minded English ex-pats trying their best to bring the values of "little-england" to OZ.
Firstly, in order to fit in to Australia,(fair enough) they endlessly bash us all over the head reminding us that Australia is "and always will be" an Anglo-saxon country- thereby not allowing Australians to move on and establish their own identity.
Although they are immigrants they think they have the right to talk of "foreigners" negatively-after all "we are not really foreigners-are we".
They land in Australia and feel exempt from the usual "respect for the locals" act-after all Australia is nothing more than a british colony.
Nothing more than a place english white-trash run to when ex-council housing becomes pricey in crawley or sheffield or whichever dump.
nothing more than a place english trash run to so "their taxes dont get spent on illegal immigrants".
it pains me as an Australian(7th generation) that people come here from England for racist reasons(not to mention the fact that it doesnt entirely make sense).
I like England but have come to the conclusion Australia must move on-England has thrown its lot in with Europe(good idea) and the commonwealth means nothing anymore-too few Aussies quite realise that.
When people compare Australia to Texas, i feel honored, but alas I know thats not true-we are still basically English-unfortunately.
new Australians form England should contribute to Australia moving on-not drag us constantly to our past-with the "little-englander" whining moaning and whingeing one hears on this site.
SOMEONE PLEASE! Give the boy his dummie back.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:25 pm
wombat42

l agree, l would rather let terrorists into the country then some of the dreadful whinging Poms we let in who do nothing but complain about how OZ
is'nt good enough for them compared to the mother country, " The supermarkets lack variety, the chocolate tastes no good ,the pubs are no good, the countryside is'nt green enough,l hate the Australian accent, etc. Atleast Terrorists give you a quick death when they blow you up, they don't slowly whinge you to death.

Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:39 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Cool Re: Bothered Australian

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Proofreader - did you realise Deadmeat is heading for brisbane, and has promised me we will meet up and share a lot of beer....I'll give you a yell when he gets here next month. That could be a riotous evening!

Whadya mean? 'Could be'?? Sounds to me like a predestined, bacchanalian saturnalia! :scared: (Look 'em up in yer dickie!!)

Attached Images  
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Whadya mean? 'Could be'?? Sounds to me like a predestined, bacchanalian saturnalia! :scared: (Look 'em up in yer dickie!!)

Don't need to look 'em up sweetie, I'm with you all the way!! PARTY!!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:19 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Is hummus a no-no too?

is it like "taramasalata" If so then yes.

ps. IM NOT WEARING A DEAD MANS PANTS!!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:23 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wombat42
l agree, l would rather let terrorists into the country then some of the dreadful whinging Poms we let in who do nothing but complain about how OZ
is'nt good enough for them compared to the mother country, " The supermarkets lack variety, the chocolate tastes no good ,the pubs are no good, the countryside is'nt green enough,l hate the Australian accent, etc. Atleast Terrorists give you a quick death when they blow you up, they don't slowly whinge you to death.
At least Terrorists give you a quick death when they blow you up, they don't slowly whinge you to death.

Not just a ripper digger !
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

is it like "taramasalata" If so then yes.

Yep, its gunk!!!

On the coleslaw front, they seem to eat a lot of it here, buy it in supermarkets in huge tubs, but its all boring stuff. I remember the stuff Sainsburys do - coleslaw with prawns, or apple and sultana, do you know the stuff I mean - much more palatable!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:28 am
aussie73

Not just a ripper digger ![/QUOTE]

===================================

what do you mean by that?

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Whadya mean? 'Could be'?? Sounds to me like a predestined, bacchanalian saturnalia!

Indeed, i had that once, i spread the cream liberally round the infected area and it cleared up in no time.

PS. i would like to add at this point that i have no idea what "bacchanalian saturnalia!" means. I would also like to add that that the reason for this is i am drunk.

PS PS. I have a confession to make, even if i was stone cold sober ( i was once as a lad) i would still not know what "bacchanalian saturnalia!" means.

PS PS PS. I think at this point in time we should salute the people that know what "bacchanalian saturnalia!" means.

PS PS PS. For the people who know what it means i am currently standing in a small corner of Glasgow clapping quietly but admiring you loudly.

PS PS PS PS. My wife has now came down stairs to take me to bed.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:49 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Smile Re: Bothered Australian

Indeed, i had that once, i spread the cream liberally round the infected area and it cleared up in no time.

Would that be single, double, whipped or (my fave) Cornish?

PS. i would like to add at this point that i have no idea what "bacchanalian saturnalia!" means. I would also like to add that that the reason for this is i am drunk.

PS PS. I have a confession to make, even if i was stone cold sober ( i was once as a lad) i would still not know what "bacchanalian saturnalia!" means.

PS PS PS. I think at this point in time we should salute the people that know what "bacchanalian saturnalia!" means.

PS PS PS. For the people who know what it means i am currently standing in a small corner of Glasgow clapping quietly but admiring you loudly.

PS PS PS PS. My wife has now came down stairs to take me to bed.

Don't worry, you'll get over it!

G'night, sleep tite!

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh goodie a new troll to play with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.