Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

You know you've been in the US too long when...

You know you've been in the US too long when...

Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you've been in the US too long when...

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
I cant ****ing believe you just said that. You're an utter disgrace to the whole OCD community.
The loose spanners got scattered when my son was ****ing around with his bike. Everything else is in individual carry cases and organised appropriately within. They get kept in drawers or on a shelf in the garage.

I saw no point in running round after a bunch of loose cheapo spanners after I got the nice socket wrench/spanner set with it's own box.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:06 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The loose spanners got scattered when my son was ****ing around with his bike. Everything else is in individual carry cases and organised appropriately within. They get kept in drawers or on a shelf in the garage.

I saw no point in running round after a bunch of loose cheapo spanners after I got the nice socket wrench/spanner set with it's own box.
Apart from the fact that they're now scattered around, and you won't know where to look for them if you need them.
Just knowing the're out there and not in size order should be enough to make you not sleep at nights. I feel like someone has just dragged their fingernails down a blackboard just thinking about it.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the fact that they're now scattered around, and you won't know where to look for them if you need them.
Just knowing the're out there and not in size order should be enough to make you not sleep at nights. I feel like someone has just dragged their fingernails down a blackboard just thinking about it.
I think the fact that they have replacements is making it easier for me.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 5:48 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

OCD community.
That should be CDO. *twitch*
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:29 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
That should be CDO. *twitch*
Exactly. That bastardisation of the alphabetical order, always pisses me off.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:32 pm
I have a comma problem

Exactly. That bastardisation of the alphabetical order, always pisses me off.
I think someone did it deliberately. It is trolling of the highest order, when you think about it
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:33 pm

I think someone did it deliberately. It is trolling of the highest order, when you think about it
Exactly.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:35 pm

I think the fact that they have replacements is making it easier for me.
Just say you arranged them back in order again.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You can't seem to communicate with anyone.

Just had a weird long phone conversation trying to find out which of 2 addresses I was given for a doctor's appointment was right. The person kept talking about "The corrected address" but telling me to go to the first address. Eventually I worked out she was saying it was "Not the corrected address" ie not the correct address. I think.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

Just had a weird long phone conversation trying to find out which of 2 addresses I was given for a doctor's appointment was right. The person kept talking about "The corrected address" but telling me to go to the first address. Eventually I worked out she was saying it was "Not the corrected address" ie not the correct address. I think.
Everyone here seems to understand the word retard.. just use that in future.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:10 pm
I have a comma problem

Everyone here seems to understand the word retard.. just use that in future.
If you fly an Airbus, it yells that at you when you're 100' above the runway ...
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:13 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with not going to the wrong address.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If you fly an Airbus, it yells that at you when you're 100' above the runway ...
Presumably a feature added in 1988 after the crash at Mulhouse-Habsheim, because that is about the height of the typical forest tree canopy!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:26 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

You have to go to the other one.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:28 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Presumably a feature added in 1988 after the crash at Mulhouse-Habsheim, because that is about the height of the typical forest tree canopy!
A gentle reminder from the plane. "Retard! The throtle ..."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.