Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

wow,the move is harder than i thought

wow,the move is harder than i thought

Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:37 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wow,the move is harder than i thought

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
No but bags of mixed salad greens are way cheaper.
Thought that was only after the recent health scare with spinach etc as they couldn't move any of them.

Though can't remember how much tesco bag of mixed salad is/was.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:50 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Thought that was only after the recent health scare with spinach etc as they couldn't move any of them.
Couldn't move them? Took them off the shelves here. Still, just trying to make the OP feel better
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No but bags of mixed salad greens are way cheaper.
comes with complimentary bugs that put you away too...
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:00 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
they are pretty nasty...but they are slightly better when stale, so leave them out and they get a bit crunchy...
How did you manage to sneak them past your very much amazing culinary missus?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:20 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
not really, i have emailed my resume to a few in Nashville but i have heard nothing from them. I have come with a real open mind as to what i will do, but my background is in attraction management, operations and business development... so i can turn my hand to most things..........
Attraction management.... attractions as in Blackpool and Alton Towers?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:10 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't move them? Took them off the shelves here. Still, just trying to make the OP feel better

I mean after the scare as now our local Safeway has buy one get one free on all mixed bag greens.....maybe people are scared they will get e-coli on lettuce as well.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

i am stuck on lollies.. everytime i tank up i walk out with a handfull of suckers..... shave my head and i will be like that guy whats his name.. bald head..... copper???? damn name has gone.. with a T?????

I went to see billery (clinton) yesterday... i am trying to improve my ways and going down the road cant beat em join em. Security was crappy, but the talk was amazing.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:14 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
...I went to see billery (clinton) yesterday... i am trying to improve my ways and going down the road cant beat em join em. Security was crappy, but the talk was amazing.
Hey, I want to know more - why not post on my Hillary thread!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

i am stuck on lollies.. everytime i tank up i walk out with a handfull of suckers..... shave my head and i will be like that guy whats his name.. bald head..... copper???? damn name has gone.. with a T?????

I went to see billery (clinton) yesterday... i am trying to improve my ways and going down the road cant beat em join em. Security was crappy, but the talk was amazing.
Thought that cops name was Kojack!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:39 pm
Banned

JohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud of

America IS cheaper than England, but only if you are basing the comparison on a Sterling salary, especially now the dollar is so weak. But wages in America are not increasing quick enough to keep up with the cost of inflation, so its not that cheap for people actually working there earning a USD salary. People in England probably have it worse though because you get fleeced every imaginable way in the UK.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnStang
America IS cheaper than England, but only if you are basing the comparison on a Sterling salary, especially now the dollar is so weak.
Ahh so true for many things. I did spend my first year here converting everything to £ in my head & being wowed by certain prices, thus ignoring a) the things that were more expensive and b) forgetting I didn't have my UK salary anymore!!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get yourself relocated to somewhere where there are jobs. I doubt any employer is going to be eager about employing someone who is located 1 hour away.

Don't go thinking it is impossible to get a job. I had a temp job within a week of getting my work permit. Admittedly it was a crap job and I only stayed 6 weeks, but that led to my current full time position which is at a level above where I was anywhere else in the world.

I applied for jobs on Craigslist, only response I got was for one with an agency which led to my current position.

The big key was getting my CV rewritten to the US format. Good luck with your search.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:33 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnStang
...........People in England probably have it worse though because you get fleeced every imaginable way in the UK.
Looking at my DH's salary slip and our tax returns, not to mention all the extras like co-pays, property taxes, city charges I know who is being fleeced more... :curse:
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Telly Savalis, AKA, Kojak
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Looking at my DH's salary slip and our tax returns, not to mention all the extras like co-pays, property taxes, city charges I know who is being fleeced more... :curse:
oh yeah, I am paying more than $4500 a year in property taxes. Paid £500 at home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.