Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would you RV ?

Would you RV ?

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:57 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you RV ?

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Sell you a lucky charm mister.
Wud ya loike yar droiveway tar............mackin' sir ??
We wur just doing a wee job down the road and we've some tar left over ya see.
Good price.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Wud ya loike yar droiveway tar............mackin' sir ??
We wur just doing a wee job down the road and we've some tar left over ya see.
Good price.
You seem quite proficient in "The Ways"....
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:07 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

You seem quite proficient in "The Ways"....
You learn a few of the tricks of the trade working at irish racecourses.
The old find the lady table to catch unsuspecting punters on the way out - you get fleeced at that then their mates dip into your pockets into the bargain.

I don't scare that easily - I'm usually incapable of thinking far enough into the future to see the potential consequences of my actions but the night I got a lift home from my local with a car full of gypsies and then they stopped at a field in the middle of nowhere was a bit of a smelly one
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:02 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Have you seen the size of some of the RV's patroling the streets. My father in law has one, but stepping into it this last weekend gave me flashbacks to an awful caravan holiday in Scarbrough when I was a kid. Throw in the fact that it costs $400 to fill it up and that I'm well below the age of 65 and I think I'll pass.
I want one of those RV's like Robert De Niro had in Meet the Fockers
Seriously, I would love an RV. I would like to travel for months in one ....hate being stuck in the same place all the time.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I want one of those RV's like Robert De Niro had in Meet the Fockers
Seriously, I would love an RV. I would like to travel for months in one ....hate being stuck in the same place all the time.
So would I, if I lived in The Pitts.......burgh.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:36 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
So would I, if I lived in The Pitts.......burgh.
Well I live in the "burgh " bit. The "pitts" are on the other side of town
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:38 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Well I live in the "burgh " bit. The "pitts" are on the other side of town
So you're on the right side of the tracks?!?!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Thats a definite Brit view of caravaning if ever I heard one.

A bit like the F***cking UK lorry drivers that insist on driving two abreast on dual carrigeways with one doing 1/2 mile per hour more than the other for the next 50 miles because neither of the fat lazy assed drivers can be bothered to take off the friggen cruise control blocking up the road at 55.5 mph so all the cars are stuck in a 20 mile jam behind them

F****ing pillocks!!!!
Ohhh touchey aren't we???

Think you'll find that UK trucks have electronic speed limiters set at 56MPH (90 KMPH) and thats why it takes trucks a bit longer to pass each other you impatient weekend warrior!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
Ohhh touchey aren't we???

Think you'll find that UK trucks have electronic speed limiters set at 56MPH (90 KMPH) and thats why it takes trucks a bit longer to pass each other you impatient weekend warrior!!!
Just bloody well get behind each other then instead of spending 2.5 flaming hours struggling to overtake just for the next hill to make you fall back again anyway. Bloody jumped up truckies thinking they own the road.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Just bloody well get behind each other then instead of spending 2.5 flaming hours struggling to overtake just for the next hill to make you fall back again anyway. Bloody jumped up truckies thinking they own the road.
With the price to tax a 4X2 tractor unit in the UK...they DO own the f**king road.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:58 pm
Who?

Originally Posted by Partystar
So you're on the right side of the tracks?!?!
I'm off the rails but live on the right side of the tracks!!!
Really, Pittsburghs very nice....what we've seen of it. Too busy ferrying children around the burbs. Must get my 16 year old a license then she can be the taxi.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Would you RV ?

What cheeses me off most of all, when I'm driving my Coach, is when car-drivers pass me, pull in front and then slow down. What's up with that???

Soon sorted out by flashing the moron with all of my lights and fog lights. Particularly effective when it is dark.

You don't realise how many idiots are let loose behind the wheel, until you start driving for a living!

RV drivers are tolerable, provided they stay in the right lane, and don't choose to hog the middle lane.

Jim.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:23 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
What cheeses me off most of all, when I'm driving my Coach, is when car-drivers pass me, pull in front and then slow down. What's up with that???

Soon sorted out by flashing the moron with all of my lights and fog lights. Particularly effective when it is dark.

You don't realise how many idiots are let loose behind the wheel, until you start driving for a living!

RV drivers are tolerable, provided they stay in the right lane, and don't choose to hog the middle lane.

Jim.
I don't drive for a living, but I definitely realise how many idiots are loose on the roads, especially here!!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:51 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

We flew over to Florida and bought an RV, a 34ft Damon Intruder in fact and had it shipped back to the UK.American RV's cost a fortune here and as we spend a few weekends away from home we wanted to be comfortable.Its the same with RV's as it is for houses...much more space in an American RV than an English motorhome er sorry "box"!!
Its really a "home from home" now and the thought of cooking,washing etc in anything smaller horrifies me...my husband and i are not exactly short!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M J
We flew over to Florida and bought an RV, a 34ft Damon Intruder in fact and had it shipped back to the UK.American RV's cost a fortune here and as we spend a few weekends away from home we wanted to be comfortable.Its the same with RV's as it is for houses...much more space in an American RV than an English motorhome er sorry "box"!!
Its really a "home from home" now and the thought of cooking,washing etc in anything smaller horrifies me...my husband and i are not exactly short!!

Where in the heck do you drive it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.