Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would you RV ?

Would you RV ?

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you RV ?

A friend and I used to road test motorhomes for various magazines in the 70/80s mainly Winnebagos ...my favourite was the the 1976 GMC motorhome
it was way ahead of it time ..

If I appeared in any of the pics taken ..I got a 2 GBP modelling fee...
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:36 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
That looks fantastic - only problem is we'd need to buy a new motor to tow it!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I would definitely RV. I hate staying in hotels - unless they're 5 star and very superior - I hate them! I have a problem with crawling in a bed knowing thousands have probably crawled in there as well and the sheets may be questionable. I'd much rather stay in my own bed (don't care if I have to drag it along behind me, stuck between the cheeks of my arse).
Charming thought!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:49 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Do you also pave driveways in your spare time and send the old woman to the malls with the line "Lucky Heather, Lucky Haether only $10 a bunch? You well to do pikey!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express

Hotels can work out cheaper than an RV Break + you don't have to worry about parking the things in a city.
you park free in walmart and tow your car with you so you've got easy wheels for the city, so that really ain't a problem...
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 4:54 am
Account Closed

RV'ing !!!!! The US equivelent of those twats in caravans that poxed up the roads from 6 pm Frday to 10 PM sunday EVERY SINGLE miserable bank holiday in blighty.

F**king weekend gypsies....piss me right off. All think they are leading the convoy and king of the road.

"10/4 rubber duck we got ourselves a .....................Ford Cortina Mk2 1600E and an Eccles caravan.... on the way to Herne Bay....good buddy"

F**king Pillocks!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Route 66 runs along the end of our road....I'm very unimpressed!...I'd heard SO much about how amazing it is, that I really expected 'something special'.When we moved here,16 years ago,it used to be 4 lanes but now it's just 2.... even less impressive!
My husband has been crazing about getting an RV,instead of selling the house and moving somewhere,where there's life!,but I know it's going to be way too expensive,we've got to drive SO far just get anywhere worth seeing....although when we moved to IL from northern CA,we drove the whole way(or rather he did because I didn't drive at the time!),and the views were spectaculer,especially coming through Utah,but Nebraska was awful,nothing but flat fields and tumbleweed,and religion on all the radio channels!...the whole trip took four and a half days,driving along I-80,as fast as we could get away with!,and for 16 hours a day...with two kids in the back,who,luckily,slept almost the whole way!...Sophia
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

This is the map on the side of my father in laws RV. Alaska is on the piss, as he never thought he'd go there and didn't leave enough room for the add on sticker.
Attached Thumbnails Would you RV ?-rv3.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely RV. I hate staying in hotels - unless they're 5 star and very superior - I hate them! I have a problem with crawling in a bed knowing thousands have probably crawled in there as well and the sheets may be questionable. I'd much rather stay in my own bed (don't care if I have to drag it along behind me) and eat my own food and such.
I'm definitely the same, just the thought makes my skin cruel, I would love to do the RV thing, but much prefer just to stay on the beaten tracks otherwise would have to take a chill pill, I admit to feeling panicky over here if in the back of beyond, watched far to many scary films :scared:
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
RV'ing !!!!! The US equivelent of those twats in caravans that poxed up the roads from 6 pm Frday to 10 PM sunday EVERY SINGLE miserable bank holiday in blighty.

F**king weekend gypsies....piss me right off. All think they are leading the convoy and king of the road.

"10/4 rubber duck we got ourselves a .....................Ford Cortina Mk2 1600E and an Eccles caravan.... on the way to Herne Bay....good buddy"

F**king Pillocks!!!
Thats a definite Brit view of caravaning if ever I heard one.

A bit like the F***cking UK lorry drivers that insist on driving two abreast on dual carrigeways with one doing 1/2 mile per hour more than the other for the next 50 miles because neither of the fat lazy assed drivers can be bothered to take off the friggen cruise control blocking up the road at 55.5 mph so all the cars are stuck in a 20 mile jam behind them

F****ing pillocks!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:27 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman

F**king Pillocks!!!

Well bang goes your free lodgings for the fishing trip
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:30 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
you park free in walmart and tow your car with you so you've got easy wheels for the city, so that really ain't a problem...
haha you scum bag I was thinking along similar lines myself....while on the road couldn't you like anyone else stop at a rest stop for a nice sleep....no charge...this could probably work for the whole day if you just wanted to do some quick sightseeing....I'm sure like everything RV'ing is as expensive as you want it to be...my friends with a pop up camper ..don't have wads of cash and still manage to go away for the weekends....like she says...even when you stay home you have to eat!

AWP sounds like you got a great deal on yours , we recently bought a family tent so we could camp with boy scouts...those things are bloody expensive .. and there's no A/C
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have that in a heartbeat.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:34 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have that in a heartbeat.
yeah me too, AWP can me and the family come over this Summer and use your camper round Florida for about a week or so.... promise we won't mention Disney World
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
RVs start at about $60,000 for a small Ford effort, and can go upto $1m+ for the higher end models.

You're talking about 5-10mpg on the open road,

Upto $70 per night for lot rental in an RV resort

Cooking your own breakfast and other meals.

Hotels can work out cheaper than an RV Break + you don't have to worry about parking the things in a city.

Q:Would I R.V???

A: N.F.W

Jim.
We had a great time in ours 25' Winnie cost $19k, seen most of the east coast and Ontario and Quebec. Great way to travel and the State parks have lovely campsites, pay max of $20 a night. Have paid up to $45 for the very swanky sites though. Didn't stay in Walmarts, I hated the thought of parking up for the night in a parking lot, what's the point of that? RVing is just great if you love travelling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.