Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:15 am
  #76  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,220
Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
Your staff are only as good as their management.
Crap!! Ever heard of "Lions led by donkeys"? You think that only applies to the military?
Originally Posted by Terrier
I think you just must be a poor manager, where as I have been promoted twice in 3 years and make over $150,000. I guess you get what you pay for.
In your companies case they $150,000 for a complete wanker.
Rushman is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:17 am
  #77  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,220
Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by dbj1000
How very, very funny! Painfully funny in fact.

Mate, I make rather a lot more than that. Was I supposed to be impressed?
Can i tap you up for a couple of grand til early next year then, dbj old mate!!
Rushman is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:20 am
  #78  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,220
Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
Of course you do. (Jimmy Chin)
"JImmy Chin"?????? I used to say that when I was 13 for f**ks sake!!!
Rushman is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:41 am
  #79  
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,542
Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
Your staff are only as good as their management. My staff take calculated risks when needed and are cautious when needed, they are encouraged and rewarded for their efforts and achevements, both verbally, $$$ and other tokens of appriciation like leaving early etc. I have a very low turnover, only one person has left my department in the last 3 years and that was becasue her husband was got a job in Atlanta, I have only had to sack 2 people in that time and that was for performance issues which they were warned and written up on before they were fired.
I think you just must be a poor manager, where as I have been promoted twice in 3 years and make over $150,000. I guess you get what you pay for.
Enjoy your online fantasy. Your negativity on this forum shows your true self
Jaxbar is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:19 pm
  #80  
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 157
Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Rushman
In your companies case they $150,000 for a complete wanker.
It's actually a bit more than that, see my original post where I say I make over $150,000 see this is where maybe your failure in the job market lies. When you are interviewed and they ask, name a number greater than 150,000? and you reply 150,000 sir, it does'nt look too good now does it?

Now as for the acusation of being a wanker, I must admit I have masterbated in the past, during puberty it was my #1 hobby to be honest! But since I have matured and gained social skills to be able to form relashionships upon meeting people (in person, not like the socially challenged indervidualls who must rely on chatrooms to find other desperate souls) the need for self pleasuring has all but dissappeared and I can honestly say I have only had one tug since I have been married to my wife in the last 6 years. The cause of that particular pleasure fest was the fact I had been sent to China to oversee a plant my company was opening there and I was there for 3 weeks and just could not hold out.

Strangely enough when I was in China I was tasked with interviewing prospective employees, I had some pesents come off the street with no schooling at all and you know what every single on of them knew 150,000 is not greater than 150,000 it is equal to it!! And people wonder why this country need to outscourse.
WANKER!
Terrier is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:24 pm
  #81  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Oz -> UK -> San Diego
Posts: 9,911
Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
It's actually a bit more than that, see my original post where I say I make over $150,000 see this is where maybe your failure in the job market lies. When you are interviewed and they ask, name a number greater than 150,000? and you reply 150,000 sir, it does'nt look too good now does it?

Now as for the acusation of being a wanker, I must admit I have masterbated in the past, during puberty it was my #1 hobby to be honest! But since I have matured and gained social skills to be able to form relashionships upon meeting people (in person, not like the socially challenged indervidualls who must rely on chatrooms to find other desperate souls) the need for self pleasuring has all but dissappeared and I can honestly say I have only had one tug since I have been married to my wife in the last 6 years. The cause of that particular pleasure fest was the fact I had been sent to China to oversee a plant my company was opening there and I was there for 3 weeks and just could not hold out.

Strangely enough when I was in China I was tasked with interviewing prospective employees, I had some pesents come off the street with no schooling at all and you know what every single on of them knew 150,000 is not greater than 150,000 it is equal to it!! And people wonder why this country need to outscourse.
WANKER!
My how entertaining this thread is becoming.
Ozzidoc is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:33 pm
  #82  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,196
gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
My how entertaining this thread is becoming.
Yes, it has the appeal of a bad traffic accident.
I will never understand how some people are impressed by how much they or others make.
Call it working class ethics? There really are more interesting things in this world than a sodding bank balance for Pete's sake.
gardnma is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:00 pm
  #83  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,271
Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
...
Strangely enough when I was in China I was tasked with interviewing prospective employees, I had some pesents come off the street with no schooling at all and you know what every single on of them knew 150,000 is not greater than 150,000 it is equal to it!! And people wonder why this country need to outscourse.
WANKER!

Your personal sexual habits aside, I'd like to point out that it's "peasant", "one" and "outsource".

Also your sentence structure is poor to say the very least. Ideally you would want to place a full-stop after "prospective employees", commas around "you know what" and some glue word such as "but" before "it is equal". And just a single exclamation mark please. More than this to complete a sentence suggests over zealousness and immaturity in the writer.

And I dont earn anywhere near $150,000. Perchance I should ask for a raise? Or you, sir, should take some of your obviously immense salary and avail yourself of some post CSE schooling.
Angry White Pyjamas is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:00 pm
  #84  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14,352
anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier

Strangely enough when I was in China I was tasked with interviewing prospective employees, I had some pesents come off the street with no schooling at all and you know what every single on of them knew 150,000 is not greater than 150,000 it is equal to it!! And people wonder why this country need to outscourse.
WANKER!
They weren't the only ones!
anotherlimey is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:05 pm
  #85  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,196
gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
.........Perchance I should ask for a raise? Or you, sir, should take some of your obviously immense salary and avail yourself of some post CSE schooling.
For sale:

GCE's, slightly used, varied subject matter.
Have little use for them in the US.
Taking offers over $50 each.
gardnma is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:07 pm
  #86  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,271
Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by gardnma
For sale:

GCE's, slightly used, varied subject matter.
Have little use for them in the US.
Taking offers over $50 each.

Such a cheapskate. Don't you earn a big salary? You know...greater than 150,000? I hear thats the cut off line these days from pesent[sic] to wanker.
Angry White Pyjamas is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:08 pm
  #87  
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 157
Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Your personal sexual habits aside, I'd like to point out that it's "peasant", "one" and "outsource".

Also your sentence structure is poor to say the very least. Ideally you would want to place a full-stop after "prospective employees", commas around "you know what" and some glue word such as "but" before "it is equal". And just a single exclamation mark please. More than this to complete a sentence suggests over zealousness and immaturity in the writer.

And I dont earn anywhere near $150,000. Perchance I should ask for a raise? Or you, sir, should take some of your obviously immense salary and avail yourself of some post CSE schooling.
It's early, I'm posting on a website not writting a job application letter.
Terrier is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:10 pm
  #88  
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 157
Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Such a cheapskate. Don't you earn a big salary? You know...greater than 150,000? I hear thats the cut off line these days from pesent (sic) to wanker.
Actually the cut off will change with location, NYC higher, Brownsville TX lower.
Terrier is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:10 pm
  #89  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,271
Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
It's early, I'm posting on a website not writting a job application letter.
That's as maybe. However sometimes it is better to have people assume you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove them so.

And it is "writing" with a single T.
Angry White Pyjamas is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:10 pm
  #90  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
britvic's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Mother Land.
Posts: 14,858
britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by gardnma
Yes, it has the appeal of a bad traffic accident.
I will never understand how some people are impressed by how much they or others make.
Call it working class ethics? There really are more interesting things in this world than a sodding bank balance for Pete's sake.
Interesting article about Wanking though
britvic is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.