Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
Your staff are only as good as their management. My staff take calculated risks when needed and are cautious when needed, they are encouraged and rewarded for their efforts and achevements, both verbally, $$$ and other tokens of appriciation like leaving early etc. I have a very low turnover, only one person has left my department in the last 3 years and that was becasue her husband was got a job in Atlanta, I have only had to sack 2 people in that time and that was for performance issues which they were warned and written up on before they were fired.
I think you just must be a poor manager, where as I have been promoted twice in 3 years and make over $150,000. I guess you get what you pay for.

Wow - thats a bit different to your deadwood statement - come on make your mind up!

And in my experience the amount you get paid does not always reflect the quality of the person.

Finally, anyone who is frankly tacky enough to post their salary on a public board is clearly looking to impress and therefore more than likely inflated it considerably
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:44 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbj1000
How very, very funny! Painfully funny in fact.

Mate, I make rather a lot more than that. Was I supposed to be impressed?
Of course you do. (Jimmy Chin)
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:45 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm smelling a lot of sh!t on this thread - I shall depart stage left
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you do. (Jimmy Chin)

its like being in a playground here - and my dad has a bigger car than both of your dads
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Wow - thats a bit different to your deadwood statement - come on make your mind up!

And in my experience the amount you get paid does not always reflect the quality of the person.

Finally, anyone who is frankly tacky enough to post their salary on a public board is clearly looking to impress and therefore more than likely inflated it considerably
I agree... I earn $1,000,000 a year... but I've no need to boast.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's another shock you're in for if you're transferred to this area...you'll be lucky if you get a 30 min lunch break.

If only I took lunch breaks!!! its the bastards that work for me - somewhere i went very wrong!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Really - you had to take that paycut then?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:52 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I'm smelling a lot of sh!t on this thread -
and that's different to other threads - how?
but granted it does smell stronger here!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Your staff are only as good as their management. My staff take calculated risks when needed and are cautious when needed, they are encouraged and rewarded for their efforts and achevements, both verbally, $$$ and other tokens of appriciation like leaving early etc. I have a very low turnover, only one person has left my department in the last 3 years and that was becasue her husband was got a job in Atlanta, I have only had to sack 2 people in that time and that was for performance issues which they were warned and written up on before they were fired.
I think you just must be a poor manager, where as I have been promoted twice in 3 years and make over $150,000. I guess you get what you pay for.

Do you think its healthy that you have had zero turnover in 3 years? I find that very unusual and would consider it something to be looked into.....
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Really - you had to take that paycut then?
'fraid so... it's so damn annoying, I have to finance my 4th Bugatti Veyron now.
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think its healthy that you have had zero turnover in 3 years? I find that very unusual and would consider it something to be looked into.....
But he likes being able to threaten to fire people because it keeps them at the top of their game, or whatever.

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Oy am considerably richer than yo.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:58 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
and that's different to other threads - how?
but granted it does smell stronger here!
I'm back.
Luckily I discovered some $100 bills lodged down the back of the sofa, left over from my $2,000,000,000 salary. I am using them to waft away the smell whilst I post on this thread.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:58 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

aahh - the smell is overpowering me now.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:59 pm
Thinking about it

'fraid so... it's so damn annoying, I have to finance my 4th Bugatti Veyron now.
4th ???
Small-timer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.