Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why do Texans hate Mexicans?

Why do Texans hate Mexicans?

Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice
Default Re: Why do Texans hate Mexicans?

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Have you all drunk the kool-aid or what?
Care to join us
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fern
I need a break big time, my OH went home for 6wks in Jan this yr, l was so fedup was not able to travel as l was pregnant at the time..wont go into details...so, l think l am due for a visit home next yr.
It's tough when the other half makes a trip to the UK...even if it is business when you are stuck home alone.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fern;5440503]
Originally Posted by Tracym
Hi Janine, I am really Tracy (no imagination lol)

lI was once told you could only make a good Yorkshire pudding if you were born there. So my fiance called his friend in Yorkshire to tell me how to make them.

Discovered it was the exact same recipe I already had

Yummy things in any case though.[/Q

I make the best yorkshire's ever my husbands friend came over for sunday dinner and l made him roast, yorkshires etc.. now, he keeps inviting himself every week. Big Mistake
Well Jerseygirl, Keith says mine come out like his Yorkshire friend's do. Of course, he would have some reason to compliment me....

Fern - what cut of meat do you use for the roast? And roast covered or uncovered? I've done sirloin, but never have figured out which of our cuts are equivalent to whatever would be used it the UK.

I love that meal, and I've become addicted to the roast potatoes. I can do a nice gravy imho.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tracym;5440533]
Well Jerseygirl, Keith says mine come out like his Yorkshire friend's do. Of course, he would have some reason to compliment me....

Fern - what cut of meat do you use for the roast? And roast covered or uncovered? I've done sirloin, but never have figured out which of our cuts are equivalent to whatever would be used it the UK.

I love that meal, and I've become addicted to the roast potatoes. I can do a nice gravy imho.
Keith's only a young whipasnapper...what does he know?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;5440542]
Keith's only a young whipasnapper...what does he know?
Well there is that He does seem to know that flattery will get him everywhere though .

So can you make the "good" puddings? Individual ones, or one big one?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

[QUOTE=Tracym;5440548]
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well there is that He does seem to know that flattery will get him everywhere though .

So can you make the "good" puddings? Individual ones, or one big one?
Not as good as my mum...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

[QUOTE=Tracym;5440533]

In the UK, l used to use the salmon cut , no fat or veins. Over here l have been roasting what ever looks good as long as its beef!! roasting tin water in the bottom then wrap your beef in foil and roast. The juices then collect in the foil for your gravy. As for the roasts l part boil, then roll the potatoes in flour and salt and roast..lovely
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;5440554]
Not as good as my mum...
Poor thing.

So what defines the perfect yorkshire pudding? Since I have only had my own (apparently pitiful) attempts? Sounds like I need to go visit Fern

I've never made a big one, only individual ones.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=fern;5440562]

In the UK, l used to use the salmon cut , no fat or veins. Over here l have been roasting what ever looks good as long as its beef!! roasting tin water in the bottom then wrap your beef in foil and roast. The juices then collect in the foil for your gravy. As for the roasts l part boil, then roll the potatoes in flour and salt and roast..lovely
Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

[QUOTE=Tracym;5440565]
Poor thing.

So what defines the perfect yorkshire pudding? Since I have only had my own (apparently pitiful) attempts? Sounds like I need to go visit Fern

I've never made a big one, only individual ones.
Crispy on the outside...melt in your mouth on the inside. My mum sometimes used to put sage and grated onion in the batter...now that was good.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;5440572]
Crispy on the outside...melt in your mouth on the inside. My mum sometimes used to put sage and grated onion in the batter...now that was good.
Oh, the onion especially sounds yummm. I'll have to try that.

One big one or individual ones?

lol, would you believe the perfect yank pan for individual's are "muffin top pans" - intended to make muffins but only the tops, bc. that's "the best part". Even I say "only in America" to that one!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

[QUOTE=Tracym;5440583]
Oh, the onion especially sounds yummm. I'll have to try that.

One big one or individual ones?

lol, would you believe the perfect yank pan for individual's are "muffin top pans" - intended to make muffins but only the tops, bc. that's "the best part". Even I say "only in America" to that one!
Either/or it doesn't matter...but they won't rise as much as the plain ones.

Yes I knew that...it was discussed a few months ago with Mrs Bob.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[quote=Jerseygirl;5440587]
Either/or it doesn't matter...but they won't rise as much as the plain ones.

Yes I knew that...it was discussed a few months ago with Mrs Bob.
I see. I've never tried a large one, but I'll try adding a bit of onion. I wonder if the "rising" problem might be solved by using dried onion flakes or onion powder? Although I generally prefer fresh ingredients.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

[QUOTE=Tracym;5440593]
I see. I've never tried a large one, but I'll try adding a bit of onion. I wonder if the "rising" problem might be solved by using dried onion flakes or onion powder? Although I generally prefer fresh ingredients.
Eww...that's sounds nasty to me. Stick with fresh onion and don't forget the sage.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:52 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Could we please just get back to how much Texans suck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.