Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Wikiposts

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:43 am

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Texas law does recognise separate property if held before the marriage began and real estate is probably one of the biggest of these. Trust me -- I helped pay the mortgage on my ex-husband's house while we both lived there and then rented it out. I did all the paperwork for the taxes, etc. But because it had never been put into my name, after 12+ years of paying for it.... I got zip!

I'd thought that since I was helping pay the mortgage, that I had a financial interest (or "equity") in the house..... nope, I was essentially renting while I lived there, and donating my "time and talent" to the landlord business. Since we never made any money being landlords, that ended up as squat too.

Anyway.....

I like Toon's trailer, it's very cosy though his head grazes the roof! It's okay for one, maybe two, but if there were kids I think I'd get them their own trailer!
Good grief....didn't mean to start something here!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
The duct tape on the door is a lovely touch indeed. I actually have seen trailers up north wrapped completely in plastic.
I needed a roof over my head at that time and I wasn't too picky. I'm still here after two years.....

The place is dry and not too cold, nice and quiet. It's all I need so I didn't feel the need to find something else. Besides, I have been waiting for visas for the past year so didn't see the point in moving if I would be moving to another country within a few months. How wrong and naive I was......
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
No worries.

I still love you.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:51 am

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Toontje
No worries.

I still love you.
Don't let Amy hear you say that!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:52 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I needed a roof over my head at that time and I wasn't too picky. I'm still here after two years.....

The place is dry and not too cold, nice and quiet. It's all I need so I didn't feel the need to find something else. Besides, I have been waiting for visas for the past year so didn't see the point in moving if I would be moving to another country within a few months. How wrong and naive I was......

Don't worry mate- we all )most of us anyway) have lived in places such as yours...and they give us something to laugh and tell stories about years later. I do hope you have AC...Austin summers can be awfully brutal (100 days in a row of '97 for a high today, 77 nighttime low...no rain in sight").
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One can love in many different ways.....
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't worry mate- we all )most of us anyway) have lived in places such as yours...and they give us something to laugh and tell stories about years later. I do hope you have AC...Austin summers can be awfully brutal (100 days in a row of '97 for a high today, 77 nighttime low...no rain in sight").
Amy's house has AC, though my trailer needed it too. In the summer, when the sun had been shining all day on the roof the trailer would be like an oven, temperatures far above 100°F.....
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The duct tape on the door is a lovely touch indeed. I actually have seen trailers up north wrapped completely in plastic.
I've seen houses plastic wrapped for winter...hell, the in-laws do that for the porch and the house is well insulated...i should know, I helped them redo the walls *l*
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:27 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Amy's house has AC, though my trailer needed it too. In the summer, when the sun had been shining all day on the roof the trailer would be like an oven, temperatures far above 100°F.....

yeah i'm sure but it's the humidity here that eats us up..i love temps in the 90's or 100's but not when it's combined with 100% plus humidity...luckily you will benefit from the a/c in austin....hope the move goes well...do you have much to take or will it all fit in suitcases
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yeah i'm sure but it's the humidity here that eats us up..i love temps in the 90's or 100's but not when it's combined with 100% plus humidity...luckily you will benefit from the a/c in austin....hope the move goes well...do you have much to take or will it all fit in suitcases
Normal bagage allowance for the plane plus a crate of 4' x 3' x 5' (books, tools, cd's and some clothes).
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:31 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Normal bagage allowance for the plane plus a crate of 4' x 3' x 5' (books, tools, cd's and some clothes).
good luck for you guys
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TruBrit
good luck for you guys
Thanks.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:54 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

no worries.... just had a flashback to the property division section of my divorce decree.

Toon and I have discussed division of assets, wills, and the like.... at the same dinner conversation where his mother made two bread rolls into anatomically correct humanoids, and had them mate.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by snowbunny
no worries.... just had a flashback to the property division section of my divorce decree.

Toon and I have discussed division of assets, wills, and the like.... at the same dinner conversation where his mother made two bread rolls into anatomically correct humanoids, and had them mate.
ROFLMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.