Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Wikiposts

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Originally Posted by snowbunny
... at the same dinner conversation where his mother made two bread rolls into anatomically correct humanoids, and had them mate.
priceless
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:29 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
The duct tape on the door is a lovely touch indeed. I actually have seen trailers up north wrapped completely in plastic.
Insulation for the winter months?

NC Penguin
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:42 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
priceless
It was actually.... we were out to eat, her treat, doesn't happen often with the Dutch!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

It was actually.... we were out to eat, her treat, doesn't happen often with the Dutch!
well they "go dutch" dont they ?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:57 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
well they "go dutch" dont they ?
normally they do! but that night was her treat.

My MIL is a real character. She was wondering if Americans could speak openly about s-e-x. I said a few could, but ..... most probably weren't up to the Dutch level.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

normally they do! but that night was her treat.

My MIL is a real character. She was wondering if Americans could speak openly about s-e-x. I said a few could, but ..... most probably weren't up to the Dutch level.
Ha!ha!ha! Love it!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:31 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Wow, that's lovely. Does it have 2 doors? Was it 2 houses, is it 2 houses or are my eyes going?!?! Wow, it really is beautiful, I'll swap with you!!!
Just one house with two doors. What you can't see is the brilliant green astro turf on the porch floor and on the balcony floor. It is glued down so tightly we can't even loosen one edge to try and pull it up.
We let the side down in our neighbourhood as we still have last years leaves all over the place. Everyone has gardeners and so their yards are all neatly trimmed and ours is beginning to look a bit wild. Do I hear the approach of the neighbourhood housing association?
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:38 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Insulation for the winter months?

NC Penguin
Not so much for insulation but anti-wind penetration. It's real common to see old windows covered in plastic due to air infiltration/drafts, and porches- to add a barrier...but to literally wrap the whole house and then cut out the entry door was classic.

My guess is that if Alabama was near Michigan, they'd be selling a hell of a lot of rolls of plastic!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:06 am
Lapine Member

Some of the less genteel areas of the South have their windows covered in aluminium foil to reflect the heat away from the house.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:58 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the less genteel areas of the South have their windows covered in aluminium foil to reflect the heat away from the house.
I thought that was to stop the alien invaders reading their minds.....
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:06 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I thought that was to stop the alien invaders reading their minds.....
nah, free cable TV.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

If anybody is still interested, this is our house.

It is 2,800 sq ft on a 5,000 sq ft lot on the side of a hill. It's quite a pricey area as it's a separate school district to LA. It is part of what was originally an artists' colony so the area is a little bit avant-garde.

We don't "own" much of it as was said earlier!

It's nice to have more space than in Engalnd but I wouldn't want anything larger.

lionheart, you must be well-organised in 700 sq ft!! Santa Monica is really nice, though.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-dcp_1503.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne

It is 2,800 sq ft on a 5,000 sq ft lot on the side of a hill. It's quite a pricey area as it's a separate school district to LA. It is part of what was originally an artists' colony so the area is a little bit avant-garde.

It's nice to have more space than in Engalnd but I wouldn't want anything larger.

lionheart, you must be well-organised in 700 sq ft!! Santa Monica is really nice, though.
very nice Sally!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:36 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne

Emmmm no, the apartment is a contemporary pastiche of eclectic furniture, assorted primary color plastic toys, swings, beds and doggie chews.
Look out for my new interior design feature in Architects Digest magazine, it's called Shabby trash d' blanc.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
Emmmm no, the apartment is a contemporary pastiche of eclectic furniture, assorted primary color plastic toys, swings, beds and doggie chews.
Look out for my new interior design feature in Architects Digest magazine, it's called Shabby trash d' blanc.
LOL hope you're all having fun in the eclectic ambience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.