Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY

And for the record, any Marine would feel the same if they felt that you're pissing in their yard-so to speak.
In Europe, the ignorant are the minority. In the US it plagues all levels of society.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
How sad am I? I've just searched for that thread and can't find it. Just turned the iron off, made an instant coffee and am ready for the next lot.
Don't do it!! lol It takes hours, days, months to get through...lol Skip to the end. Unfortunatly you never know what happens to her. Its like a bad movie.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:44 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MightBe
Why? does he go down a lot.
Why yes he does But that's a whole other thread...probably started by Leslie or Sam.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I've been to a few events where they don't drink. One lady very snootily told me "we don't drink in front of our children", so I asked her "then how the **** are they going to learn?"

Old May 18th 2005, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

A few questions to SBG&DHY

1) What's the tallest building in the world?
2) What's the most watched sporting event in the world?
3) Why do American Football players wear padding to play Rugby?

Old May 18th 2005, 3:51 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
How sad am I? I've just searched for that thread and can't find it. Just turned the iron off, made an instant coffee and am ready for the next lot.

here is the thread hope you have a lot of spare time..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214687

Last edited by candy wy.; May 18th 2005 at 3:55 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

This is great.

The sad thing is, he is only verifying the stereotypes about the country, the armed forces and the government here.

On a side note about World War 2. I was reading an interesting article a while ago, they had a bunch of military strategy experts from various countries who had analysed the strategies of every country all throughout the war and thy all came back and said if America hadn't joined the war the outcome would have been the same but it would have been over around 2 years earlier. Now you can't be sure of that and it's all opinion but it does raise the whole who helped who argument. I'll have to see if I can find the article.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
A few questions to SBG&DHY

1) What's the tallest building in the world?
2) What's the most watched sporting event in the world?
3) Why do American Football players wear padding to play Rugby?

1) Tallest building is the Taipei 101 1670ft (tallest tower Petronas Towers 1 & 2 @ 1483ft)
2) I'd guess Soccer (football)
3) Because they can.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
this is nothing, you shoulda been here for the Guinevere thread
so whatever became of her anyway? *lol*
Old May 18th 2005, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
here is the thread hope you have a lot of spare time..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214687
Thanks.

I remember it now but I didn't realise it went on for so long. I realised she was an absolute fruitcake when she posted a photo of herself on the first thread.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
He's only a kid....lets not be too hard on him .....

did I really say that
you really missing your smokes aren't you
Old May 18th 2005, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Firstly, Go F*** yourself. How have I earned the right? I'm a United States Marine, and I've defended this country, and soil you stand on. So sit your arse down and shut up.

And speaking of offloading, isn't that what your doing right now? You just open up your mouth, and Sh*t comes out, doesn't it? I did apologize, and apparently, you just woke up from your little nap. If you're an American, do us all a favor. LEAVE.
F***ing hypocrite.
I'm not sure how old you are, but it's highly unlikely that you have 'defended this country', simply becasue America hasn't needed defending for many, many decades. You may very well have fought for successive governments who for some reason thought it useful to go to war, but don't delude yourself that you were ever 'defending' America.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

I never realised I was missing out on so much night-time action. This thread's better than a movie! Don't stop now!
Old May 18th 2005, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

1) Tallest building is the Taipei 101 1670ft (tallest tower Petronas Towers 1 & 2 @ 1483ft)
2) I'd guess Soccer (football)
3) Because they can.
Well done, could you inform the Chicago tourist council of 1.

2 and 3 are a bit short on information.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

The brainwashing in the forces still works I see. :scared:Mr U.S Marine Corps,open your mind to the world because there is one outside your shores.

From first hand experience I have never felt the U.S and UK Forces have worked particularly well together,there are some vastly differing ways of dealing with things between the two.
This is not a slur on either of the well trained and professional set of Forces but there really are some fundamental differences.

Last edited by cupranod; May 18th 2005 at 4:50 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.