Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wedding List - what's the ettiquette?

Wedding List - what's the ettiquette?

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:19 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding List - what's the ettiquette?

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Really good advice on the thankyou's Bob - some people will never forgive a couple if they don't receive a thank you - and they can be overwhelming to keep up on. Planning ahead is key.
Thats the very least a couple should do!!!

I also didn't like the standard thank you sheets when someone just puts in your name (I appreciate if I get it but didn't want to send it). I hand wrote a letter to each person making it different in case anyone compared!
And yes I was very busy working full time and studying for my finals a month later and it took me ages.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding List - what's the ettiquette?

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Thats the very least a couple should do!!!

I also didn't like the standard thank you sheets when someone just puts in your name (I appreciate if I get it but didn't want to send it). I hand wrote a letter to each person making it different in case anyone compared!
And yes I was very busy working full time and studying for my finals a month later and it took me ages.
I customized mine as well - though to be honest most went something like this.

"Dear So and So. It was wonderful to see you at our wedding, thank you so much for coming. The ABC you sent is ___ and we'll be sure to put it to good use doing XYZ."

or something to the effect. Hard to be original after a while. It's good to write them as soon as the gifts come in if you can - becomes overwhelming otherwise.