Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is the US still a dream worth pursuing?

Is the US still a dream worth pursuing?

Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:44 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the US still a dream worth pursuing?

Originally Posted by Elvira
Could be an expensive itch to scratch...
Meh... What's money? They make more everyday. What's dear is time.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
So you've actually worked for a company in the UK whose policy is that all holiday has to be booked at the beginning of the year?

That is what I was told, when I worked at Sainsburys come the beginning of the year.....
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
He'll be along soon, you'll recognize him, he's the one wearing the long hooded robe, otherwise know as the Grim Reaper.....
I was laughing at you - I was just waiting for that 'hilarious' comeback you always use with him.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That is what I was told, when I worked at Sainsburys come the beginning of the year.....
So you didn't actually experience it.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Well you've certainly kept the idea afloat.
No surprise there. This is her standard modus operandi - rathole the thread, throw in a few dubious anecdotes and insinuate that that is generally what happens.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So why did you say it's what you've experienced when it's nothing of the sort? You just make this stuff up as you go along. It's the same in any threads relating to the NHS etc...you make statements that have absolutely no foundation.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Well you've certainly kept the idea afloat.
I never kept anything afloat. But its amazing what other posters will do to try and catch me out.....
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I was laughing at you - I was just waiting for that 'hilarious' comeback you always use with him.
Insults are typically the last refuge of those that are without an argument. They help avoid actually having to posit a rebuttal.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
No surprise there. This is her standard modus operandi - rathole the thread, throw in a few dubious anecdotes and insinuate that that is generally what happens.
And put a smiley face after it
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I never kept anything afloat. But its amazing what other posters will do to try and catch me out.....
Err...stupid old them, eh?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So why did you say it's what you've experienced when it's nothing of the sort? You just make this stuff up as you go along. It's the same in any threads relating to the NHS etc...you make statements that have absolutely no foundation.
I don't make anything up, JG! What I've been told and experienced is not making things up. Quite frankly have you nothing better to do then call people liars?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't make anything up, JG! What I've been told and experienced is not making things up. Quite frankly have you nothing better to do then call people liars?
You said it was what you experienced then you said it wasn't...now you're wriggling.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't care who you're laughing at....I'm laughing at all of you. If someone dare questions, or adds a comment anything, your little group (JG in the front) is along to burn the witch at the stake. Oh well, off to work, where I belong. I've had enough excitement this morning. What are you all going to do now that I won't be here to fry? It will be boring, I'm sure.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't care who you're laughing at....I'm laughing at all of you. If someone dare questions, or adds a comment anything, your little group (JG in the front) is along to burn the witch at the stake. Oh well, off to work, where I belong. I've had enough excitement this morning. What are you all going to do now that I won't be here to fry? It will be boring, I'm sure.
We'll live.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You said it was what you experienced then you said it wasn't...now you're wriggling.
Morning, Witchfinder General.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.