Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Up The Albion!

Up The Albion!

Old Apr 12th 2011, 3:02 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Up The Albion!

To all the Brighton & Hove Albion fans in North America (and elsewhere of course!) - can't wait for the game today. A win and we're promoted back to the Championship

Then I just need the airfares to come down for my return trip for the first game at the new Amex Stadium!
Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

ijm1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Up The Albion!

Moved to Boston in January and have been following the Albion via BBC website and myP2P.com

Are there any Albion fans in my area????
Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

mick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nice

Welcome to Boston, I have been here since 2002 i live a little south of Boston, sorry I'm not an Albion fan lol I watch most of my football on bbc tv using expat shield
Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

ijm1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mick. I'm just on the border of Brookline and Boston. Found a good pub to watch the 6 nations rugby earlier in the year (Lir on Boylston St). I'll check out Expat Shield.

Iain
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

dyqik is an unknown quantity at this point

I should be an Albion fan - I'm originally from Eastbourne, so they're my nearest real club. I just can't get that excited about football though, but I do keep an eye on how the seagulls are doing.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:37 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not, but I'm from Oxford and they're playing essentially a sunday league Boston team in July, out in NH...a mate has squared me away for tickets already for that

@Mick, you seen the Quincy Brits meetup.com group?
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

mick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I'm not, but I'm from Oxford and they're playing essentially a sunday league Boston team in July, out in NH...a mate has squared me away for tickets already for that

@Mick, you seen the Quincy Brits meetup.com group?
Im from Abingdon Bob its a small world lol
I didnt know about the Quincy Brits meet up group but I'm going to look at it now
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:15 am
Banned

weebly is an unknown quantity at this point

wow!!!
Old Jun 12th 2011, 3:40 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick65 View Post
Im from Abingdon Bob its a small world lol
I didnt know about the Quincy Brits meet up group but I'm going to look at it now
Blimey

There seems to have been a recent influx of Brits from Oxford and nearby moving to the Boston area over the last few months, Brighton/Newton/Needham area though....tad for for a meet up, but could be fun sometime

The Quincy group only just started a few weeks ago and they were having their first meet up during the week I think to figure out what they wanted to do with the group, sounded like a good bunch, but a tad far for me to make mid week
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

BHAFC14 is on a distinguished road

Think the user name gives it away. Used to be at least 3 of us in New York. I’m still based here, one of the other guys had to return to the UK and another guy from Williamsburg, Brooklyn used to post on North Stand Chat. A survey on NSC also showed us represented in California, Florida, Maine, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Washington. Not bad for a club that nearly disappeared in 1997 !
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:08 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BHAFC14 View Post
Think the user name gives it away. Used to be at least 3 of us in New York. I’m still based here, one of the other guys had to return to the UK and another guy from Williamsburg, Brooklyn used to post on North Stand Chat. A survey on NSC also showed us represented in California, Florida, Maine, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Washington. Not bad for a club that nearly disappeared in 1997 !
In TN now from Southampton... not a Brighton fan but hope you make it .. always enjoyed south coast derbys
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Marlton and Hove Albion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BHAFC14 View Post
Don't forget Southern NJ............

Blue and White Stripes everywhere!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:53 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

So who's going back for the first game? Just waiting to see who/when it is (hopefully August 6th like the requested) on Friday then I'm booking my flight!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

BHAFC14 is on a distinguished road

I had planned to go until I saw how many season tickets had been sold – I decided it would just be too difficult to get a ticket for the first game so will try and see a game at Christmas / New Year when the fanfare has died down a bit. Shame really as I saw both the Doncaster Rover’s game and the Hereford one.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193 View Post
In TN now from Southampton... not a Brighton fan but hope you make it .. always enjoyed south coast derbys
Are you a Saints fan lyonsden?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.