Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Up The Albion!

Up The Albion!

Old Jun 15th 2011, 6:59 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Up The Albion!

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Are you a Saints fan lyonsden?
yep..Not avid, but always kept a reasonably close eye on them ...always had a soft spot for Charlton as well but couldn't tell you why.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
yep..Not avid, but always kept a reasonably close eye on them ...always had a soft spot for Charlton as well but couldn't tell you why.
Nice one. I'm a big Saints fan although obviously I don't get to games too often nowadays.

I'm really looking forward to next season when we should get at least a couple of league games on FSC+.

Saints, Pompey, Brighton & Reading. Who will win the mini South Coast League?

It think it will be
1 - Saints
2 - Brighton
3 - Reading
4 - Pompey

Fixtures out this Friday. Bring it on!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Must have missed this thread before.

Arrived in Brighton in 93 and left for here in summer 96 (when the Goldstone was given it's year reprieve). Got completely drawn into the Albion - saw the messiah arrive (and then leave) and enjoyed watching some of the worst professional football probably ever played...

Came back for the last game at the Goldstone (istr Stuart Storer, 1-0) and have since seen games at Priestfield and Withdean. Hoping to go back and see a game at Falmer this season, assuming I can get a ticket.

Now, about S***hampton finishing above the Albion next year - not happening :-)
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dinosaur
Now, about S***hampton finishing above the Albion next year - not happening :-)
Aaaarrrrrr!!! Better look at the league table as much as you can at the moment because it's the only time you'll be looking down at Saints!

It's a really open league. Looking at the odds Leicester & Mboro seem a bit too short for me:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...ionship/winner

Saints 18/1 and Brighton 25/1. Probably about right. Either of these prices could look great value a few games in though as I reckon both could get good starts. I'd settle for Brighton 1st & Saints 2nd again come the end of the season. You? ha ha
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Saints 18/1 and Brighton 25/1. Probably about right. Either of these prices could look great value a few games in though as I reckon both could get good starts. I'd settle for Brighton 1st & Saints 2nd again come the end of the season. You? ha ha
I'd settle for that....though I'd worry a bit about Premiership so soon. Mid table mediocrity would suit me fine for next year.

Championship next season looks very interesting - looking forward to seeing how long it will take for Big Sam to get sacked by West Ham.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

BHAFC14 is on a distinguished road

Mid table mediocrity sounds fine to me as well after the roller coaster ride Brighton fans have had since 1997 - with Gus still at the helm.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:33 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

So the first round of the Carling Cup against Gillingham is to be the following week. If it's Tuesday 9th I might just stay another day and double my games seen for the season!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:21 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

So Donny Rovers it is then on the 6th - watch out UK here I come!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:56 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Well just looked at the Saints fixture list ... guess we are going to be the the strongest team in the league again.... holding up the table from the bottom!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

(you USA based Brighton fans prob already know this but just in case you didn't...)

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccerplus/tvschedule

Fast forward this to Sat Aug 6th. Your game v Doncaster is live on FSP.

Don't worry though - there is a proper game after it :-)

I don't think we'll get 3pm UK time live Championship games when the Prem season starts but we've got this one. There is also (with a slight delay) Hull v Blackpool the day before and on the day after we get West Ham v Cardiff live.

So good TV coverage of the Championship looks in order for the new season.

Come on you Saints!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:31 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Good spot - see if you can spot me in the West Stand - I'll have a SC state flag with me! Also staying for the Gillingham Carling Cup game so I should have had my fix for a while

Their description of the league made me laugh: -

"Also known as the Coca-Cola Football League, this competition featyres clubs from England & Wales. The top 3 finishers are promoted to the EPL while the last 3 are relegated to the Football Conference."

Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
Good spot - see if you can spot me in the West Stand - I'll have a SC state flag with me! Also staying for the Gillingham Carling Cup game so I should have had my fix for a while

Their description of the league made me laugh: -

"Also known as the Coca-Cola Football League, this competition featyres clubs from England & Wales. The top 3 finishers are promoted to the EPL while the last 3 are relegated to the Football Conference."

Division 3? Division 5? Not much difference really 'ey?

So the West Stand of your new ground. Any idea which stand the TV cameras will be in and where the West is to that?

Is this really the SC flag:
http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst066.gif

That moon thing reminds me a bit too much of a Pompey badge and a palm tree? Fair enough...
Old Jul 27th 2011, 12:39 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

I have a feeling the cameras will be behind but I'll be waving the flag like mad to try and get their attention! The local rag is also doing a piece on how far people are travelling so I should get a mention in that.

Yes, that's the flag. The 'moon' was originally at a different angle (like a smiley) and reportedly represents the armour worn around a soldier's neck.

Off to see Charleston Battery play Pompey tonight - up The Battery!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Birt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to all

Can't believe I missed this thread being a Brighton fan and all - surprised to see so many in the US!
Back in Sept thought Id be able to get to the Amex for Leeds but don't think the ticket situation will be favourable.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:44 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Managed to get a couple of tickets for two UK mates to the Donny game. Got up at 5am to get online! Flights booked and got contacted by the Evening Argus who are doing a bit on how far people are travelling for the first game.

Listened to the Spurs friendly this morning and sounds like we have nothing to fear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.