Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Glad to here you got yours.Maybe mine will be soon,By the way thank for your help.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be checking in anyway so I really hope you have some good news by the end of next week
Old Feb 28th 2013, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Figured you'd like to here the latest fiasco.Would you believe I received a call from Credit card company last night telling me a charge had come through & they rejected it.I couldn't believe what he was telling me.They apologized & said that if it was resubmitted they would except it .They claim it was the fault of customer service as they (customer service}had no knowledge of the notations on my card to except the charge.I had just talked to the Credit Card Company yesterday afternoon & they said everything was in place.
They also refused it on the 20th.Anyway low & behold it shows up on my credit card this morning.I don't know what advice to give to anyone using their credit card to pay ,as i have been checking with mine three time a week just to make sure they were aware of the charge coming through.Although my chat line charge came through with no problem.That was also from the UK.OH Well now hopefully there will be no more hold ups.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

What balls up. Still i hope it's sorted now and you get it soon
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

showardcooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I would share, this is so funny. Sent in my passport application via FedEx and took the liberty of scanning all so that I have a record. Only reply is a letter addressed to an unknown second party requesting documents that I had enclosed so I reply, again via FedEx that they sent the letter in error and, what about MY passport. No reply. So, I call the UK. Yep, the letter was meant for me. Now they want a "Declaration of Marriage" form, signed by my parents. Bit difficult as they are both dead, I say. We need to know if it was their first marriage, they say. Says so right on the official State of New York marriage certificate. Apparently, the Crown doesn't trust official Govt documents but WILL accept my hand written declaration indtended for two dead people to sign. OY. Just gotta laugh.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

janine74 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading everyones time lines on here and heres my story.. if theres someone that can give me any feedback i sure would appreicate it :-)

I am a UK citizen been in the US for 30 years and never traveled back home.
I applied for my passport and had to do as a first time applicant because it was so expired. (my fault for not keeping up to date i know, but i haven't been home or had the money to travel home, yes i have kept my green-card up to date)
so I sent it off on Feb 12th. today I called the passport support center and they said friday a letter was mailed asking for a copy of my drivers license, so i went to FEDEX and sent it over night. I included my drivers license and my greencard copy. I was just wondering why they need this when i included my old passport even though it was expired two photos and filled out the application all correctly. Why dont they tell you to send this in the first place. My brother is sick in england with cancer and i need to see him asap. I am not applying for an emergency passport because i am not leaving tomorrow. I am going in may. has anyone experienced this while applying and they said its on hold i asked if i have to wait a full six weeks again they said no. but with all my information being sent why do they need more
just needing to vent and get some info if anyone has it :-)
thanks is advance!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

also... DHL emails you?? i cant remmeber adding an email address but i must have done
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:49 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Well just as a further update to my own passport issue. I just did the live web chat with the Foreign Office, just to check the status. I know the passport processing will take time, so it's more the original documents that I was concerned about.

I submitted the application on Feb 12th
Application Received at processing center Feb 13th
Funds deducted from bank on Feb 20th

According to the lady I spoke to it seems my passport is being treated as a 'first-time' passport as my old was accidentally destroyed and had expired anyway. She said it is with the examiner in the US right now, so will probably take another 4 weeks (standard processing time for first time applications).

She also mentioned that the fee was the first thing taken and that the documents are sent back at the same time as the passport gets issued.

I asked about there being any possible problems, but she said there was no tracking notes to indicate there was a problem, but the examiner would have contacted me if there was or is.

I don't know.... I still tend to worry ! There goes my hoped for departure of March 19th then.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

WhoFan...
our stories are almost completley similar even down to the dates.. mine is treated as a new passport... because of how long ago it expired.. did they tell you where its at in processing?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

oh and my letter i received today has my application number on it and someone elses name so I had to call them and let them know and spend more money on the phone call... ughhh I just want my passport
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:54 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by janine74
WhoFan...
our stories are almost completley similar even down to the dates.. mine is treated as a new passport... because of how long ago it expired.. did they tell you where its at in processing?
They said mine was with the examiner right now but I don't know any more than that. She said it would be done any time between now and 4 wks time.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

well keep me informed and i will do the same! good luck!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:40 am
Yorkshire Lass

well keep me informed and i will do the same! good luck!
I will do and good luck to you too. Lets hope there is a speedy turnaround for both of us
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

ukchick81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading everyones time lines on here and heres my story.. if theres someone that can give me any feedback i sure would appreicate it :-)

I am a UK citizen been in the US for 30 years and never traveled back home.
I applied for my passport and had to do as a first time applicant because it was so expired. (my fault for not keeping up to date i know, but i haven't been home or had the money to travel home, yes i have kept my green-card up to date)
so I sent it off on Feb 12th. today I called the passport support center and they said friday a letter was mailed asking for a copy of my drivers license, so i went to FEDEX and sent it over night. I included my drivers license and my greencard copy. I was just wondering why they need this when i included my old passport even though it was expired two photos and filled out the application all correctly. Why dont they tell you to send this in the first place. My brother is sick in england with cancer and i need to see him asap. I am not applying for an emergency passport because i am not leaving tomorrow. I am going in may. has anyone experienced this while applying and they said its on hold i asked if i have to wait a full six weeks again they said no. but with all my information being sent why do they need more
just needing to vent and get some info if anyone has it :-)
thanks is advance!
Hi
I just renewed my passport and when I sent it off I included a copy of my drivers licence and utility bills and a bank statement. The guidance notes tell you to send all that info
I wouldnt worry... When the process is for a "new" passport they ask that you send loads of documentation.
Im sure it will be ok
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:50 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by ukchick81
Hi
I just renewed my passport and when I sent it off I included a copy of my drivers licence and utility bills and a bank statement. The guidance notes tell you to send all that info
I wouldnt worry... When the process is for a "new" passport they ask that you send loads of documentation.
Im sure it will be ok
Hi ukchick81

It's true...you just have to love those guidance notes..LOL. I always err on the side of caution and when I sent in my application I didn't know whether they'd treat it as a renewal, lost or new application so I sent everything I could possibly send and all originals because I'm sure I read on one of the documents that copies weren't allowed. But I digress...... even the lady at the passport office told me that its always best to send in as much as possible and that way they don't need to ask for more. But sometimes you just never know - what might be enough for us, might NOT be enough for them.....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.