Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:26 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
AFAIK if your old PP expired over 10 years ago it is not treated as a renewal...but as a first time application.
That's what I was told too and so I was surprised when the examiner called me and said that because I had indicated on the form that I'd held a UK passport before they were going to try to treat my application as a renewal, rather than a first time application. So she knew it was an old black passport I'd had in the past, it wasn't attached and she still said it was a renewal.

But in the end, by the time they finish getting confirmation and everything it will have taken as long as it would to process a new application. I did a web chat with them this afternoon and they said it was still being processed, and was just pending approval.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

janine74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Well just to give you an idea...my old passport was an old black one..lol, so it probably expired in the 80's or 90's at a guess. I just never needed to use it as I have an Australian passport as well.

Apart from my trip back last year, I haven't been back for a long period of time since 1970 so it's not going to be a trip where I recognize anything. It's a way for me to start again and being home is going to be so wonderful. Since my husband passed away the US just hasn't felt the same to me, and Australia was never home !

I'm so excited I can barely stand it..lol. I have to remember I'm 49 years old not a teenager...lol There's only me going and my parents are no longer with us, but I have so many Aunts, Uncles and Cousins back in the UK that a reunion is going to be awesome...lol.

I'm heading to Bolton, so I'll be close to the relatives, close to Wigan (where I grew up) and close to friends.

I'm here in nice, sunny and hot Arizona at the moment...
I AM IN AZ too!!! Where in az! i am in central phx camelback and central!
wish you were flying out may7th!!! i could have a flying buddy! I am so scared to fly.
i am going to Jersey for 2 days then kingslynn for 6 days then Manchester for 6 days then bournemouth for 4 days then back to crappy ol AZ
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kylejw
You know I didn't even think to look. Threw the envelope out so it's too late now.

Still waiting for the other info to come back.
I just called DHL everything they do is overnight!! woo hoo!!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:30 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by janine74
yep it was treated as a new application but luckily i sent my old passport with it to help out with the process and i beleive it did! they said 6 weeks for new and mine was printed in 4 weeks! yippeeeee @jerseygirl I can quit worrying and as you say .... "breathe" :-)
yes that would definitely have helped that's why mine is taking longer..mine wasn't attached
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:32 am
Yorkshire Lass

I AM IN AZ too!!! Where in az! i am in central phx camelback and central!
wish you were flying out may7th!!! i could have a flying buddy! I am so scared to fly.
i am going to Jersey for 2 days then kingslynn for 6 days then Manchester for 6 days then bournemouth for 4 days then back to crappy ol AZ
I'm in Litchfield Park If we plan it, I can meet up with you in Manchester and commiserate with you about your return trip.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

I'm in Litchfield Park If we plan it, I can meet up with you in Manchester and commiserate with you about your return trip.
seriosuly lets meet up!! I will be in manchester for near a week so i will for sure have time! i would love too! that would be great! go back home.... boooo!!!!well not boo cause i have my son husband and pets to come home to... but since you live in az you know how miserable it truly is!!! I will be in manchester from May 17th to the 24th!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:37 am
Yorkshire Lass

seriosuly lets meet up!! I will be in manchester for near a week so i will for sure have time! i would love too! that would be great! go back home.... boooo!!!!well not boo cause i have my son husband and pets to come home to... but since you live in az you know how miserable it truly is!!! I will be in manchester from May 17th to the 24th!
Yep..now the temperature is starting to get hotter and I'm so glad I won't have to put up with another Summer..lol.

I'll be on BE even once I get home, so will have to figure out how to contact you... Hmmm, had a thought (scary for me). Once I get back I will come on here and PM you my phone number and then you can call me once you get to Manchester

Just keep telling yourself it's not forever and soon you and your family will be heading back to the UK permanently. Give yourself something to look forward to on those days when you feel like you're going to go postal in AZ Start a UK fund and start putting a little a side and keep looking at it. I'll be with you every step of the way
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Yep..now the temperature is starting to get hotter and I'm so glad I won't have to put up with another Summer..lol.

I'll be on BE even once I get home, so will have to figure out how to contact you... Hmmm, had a thought (scary for me). Once I get back I will come on here and PM you my phone number and then you can call me once you get to Manchester
that sounds perfect!! Maybe we could meet for lunch...
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:40 am
Yorkshire Lass

that sounds perfect!! Maybe we could meet for lunch...
Most definitely
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am glad you got it ! Now if only MINE would hurry up..lol. I can't remember, but was yours a renewal or a new one?? I think that my hiccup I mentioned a couple of posts ago has delayed mine by gosh knows how long. It's been a week since the examiner called me and mentioned them having to contact the UK, so now I just sit here waiting for the doorbell to ring and hoping to see DHL on the other side
Mine was a renewal,In my case the Consulate was very reasonable in getting mine back to me .once the bank accepted their charge.Hopefully you will get yours soon.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you dont mind ,but I;ve been reading your posts with the other Arizonian,(Sorry Brit)& your excitement is contageous.I.ve been here since 1959 & live in Upstate Ny.Am leaving for a trip home May 15th.Bury St Edmunds
My brother & sister still live there.You;re right I still regard myself as British & still have my green card.I guess my heart still belongs to England.I have been lucky enough to go back every year for the last few years.You really dont appreciate your heritage untill you leave .Anyway you two enjoy Jolly old England,I always do.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 3:08 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Am slowly going insane... still waiting for my UK passport. They're apparently treating it as a new passport application as my old one was one of the old black ones, so that's a 6 week processing time. They began processing on February 20th, and as of today (as per the web chat i did a few minutes ago) it was still being processed.

So by my calculations it's 4 weeks tomorrow since they started processing, so I have another 2 weeks to go. There goes my March departure as I had hoped and there goes the April 2nd departure I'd hoped. Now it looks like I won't be able to fly out until April 9th. Unless of course they can get it done quicker...LOL
Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:40 pm
Lelo

lelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone!

I just spoke with the passport office and my application started processing 03/08 or 08/03 according to them ! I am trying to fly out April 22/23 and that would put my 6 weeks processing time on April 19 and was wondering what everyone's experience was with DHL. Upon learning your passport was good to go does anyone know whether you were closer to the 2 or 4 day part of the equation? I know I am putting the timeline super tight but just wondering what anyone's experience was.

I am in Charleston, South Carolina if that helps.

Thanks!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:09 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by lelo29uk
Hello Everyone!

I just spoke with the passport office and my application started processing 03/08 or 08/03 according to them ! I am trying to fly out April 22/23 and that would put my 6 weeks processing time on April 19 and was wondering what everyone's experience was with DHL. Upon learning your passport was good to go does anyone know whether you were closer to the 2 or 4 day part of the equation? I know I am putting the timeline super tight but just wondering what anyone's experience was.

I am in Charleston, South Carolina if that helps.

Thanks!

Hi....I guess it all depends on that final moment when they stamp 'approved' on the application and fax it over to the UK so they can make up the passport. I know someone who was 'all good to go' on the Monday and it wasn't until the following Monday that she received the passport. Plus you have to take into consideration the number of 'business days'. If it gets to the UK close to the end of the week, then it probably wouldn't arrive until mid to late the next week.

If at all possible I'd not book any definite transport until you have the passport in your hand. That way you cover any eventuality. I'm in a similar situation and was hoping to fly out on April 2nd, but now it looks like I'll have to delay that until April 9th.

Of course if everything is straight forward and if they aren't super busy there is always that chance you might receive your passport in just under the 6 weeks. But you're cutting it close for a departure of April 22nd.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:27 pm
Lelo

lelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond reputelelo29uk has a reputation beyond repute

I know. I know. I am crossing all fingers and toes that I am going to be okay to go! I am getting super antsy and may just be stalking the passport office for the next month! Oy vey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.