Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:58 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by ukchick81
DHL delivered both
Thats great! I finished typing that and the delivery driver called. Thanks!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

ukchick81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hwfd83
Thats great! I finished typing that and the delivery driver called. Thanks!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:11 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Feb 6th 2013
Passport delivered : Feb 8th 2013
Fee charged : Feb 13th 2013
New passport delivered : Feb 26th 2013
Old Passport & Supporting Docs: Feb 26th 2013

20 days from the day i sent the package to the day i received it back.

I gotta be honest, thats pretty impressive!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
Excellent news they are on a quick turnaround.
Still waiting for something from passport office.They signed for it on the 15th
Still haven't taken money out.Starting to wonder.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

So you're around a week behind me, roughly, I'd say.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

They haven't taken the fee? I'm not sure what's normal and what isn't but - check with your bank to see if they attempted to and it was declined as its an overseas payment. They do advise to, tho I had mine pending and called my bank to say it was all ok and expected.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
They haven't taken the fee? I'm not sure what's normal and what isn't but - check with your bank to see if they attempted to and it was declined as its an overseas payment. They do advise to, tho I had mine pending and called my bank to say it was all ok and expected.
I would defiantly agree with wolfpit to call your bank. my payment was also pending for a while so I called the bank to tell them it was ok.
Also I think because its been a few weeks you should be able to call the hotline number and check on the status.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ukchick81
I would defiantly agree with wolfpit to call your bank. my payment was also pending for a while so I called the bank to tell them it was ok.
Also I think because its been a few weeks you should be able to call the hotline number and check on the status.
It hasnt even shown up on my credit card yet.I have already called the bank & told them to expect the withdrawal.So i dont even have a pending yet.Maybe i will call the hot line.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by janemin61
It hasnt even shown up on my credit card yet.I have already called the bank & told them to expect the withdrawal.So i dont even have a pending yet.Maybe i will call the hot line.
I think that would be the best idea
Good luck I hope they can figure it out for you.... I know its so frustrating just waiting.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Oh this gets better & better.I just got off a chat with comonwealth office & he claimed payment was taken on the 20th.Feb.I remarked that was funny as it has not shown up on my credit card.He told me to check with my credit card company as the system has said it was paid.Called the credit card company, they claim no charge has come through .Jees you think the UK is going to give me a free passport.I guess i will just wait & see.He did say it would take 4 weeks after the time it was paid.At least thats what i think he said.By then i was totaly confused.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

That's odd. But hopefully they're right at the passport office and next week you may hear something fingers crossed
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:00 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'd call the credit card and tell them. I had to last time we did a passport, they declined it twice so I was on the phone this time once it had arrived to make sure they didn't decline it again. When I was on the phone the man said it's already gone through this time even though it showed pending on my online account.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Just got email from Consulate.They claim my credit card had been refused numerous times.So i resubmitted my credit information to them.They said to check expiration date .No problem there .Anyway we shall see what happens.Seems funny I get a response from them the same day i talk to the chat.By the way my credit card company assures me there has been no charges coming in from them.Also my credit card went through just fine from the chat fee.I used the same credit card.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

It may be a coincidence with chat and consulate. The web chat is one of the most over priced useless customer service I've ever had to experience... Or endured.

Simple questions regarding photos they could not answer. It's an abomination of a service. I guess the only saving grace for you is that at least it's not a horrendous wait for processing. Once they've sorted your fee out it's about two weeks which isn't bad.

I really hope they sort the fee out soon for you.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Feb7th 2013
Passport delivered : Feb 8th 2013
Fee pending : Feb 12th 2013
Fee cleared : Feb 15th 2013
New passport delivered : Feb 27th 2013

Apparently DHL have just delivered both and the wife's just signed for them.
20 days in total isn't bad at all for a renewal that had just expired.

Incidentally I did find a photographer In nj who took the pics to the guidelines provided. I did seperate them and send them off.

Thanks for all help and info you've all provided

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.