Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 5th 2015, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by Jben04
This is the site ,, i laughed so hard at their price

British Passport Renewal: Renewal of British Passports in the USA

Only thing i can think of ,is that the page is out of date... or somthing
Not, it is an agency so they are charging you for something you can easily do yourself.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Peter124 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you dont mind me asking,,, did you just fill out the forms on the UK passport website
This was for my wife's first uk passport. Her father was born in the uk. She filled out the online application, collected all the required supporting documentation, and I dropped off the package at the local post office.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Jben04 is an unknown quantity at this point

gotcha,, thanks for the info
Old Feb 26th 2015, 12:12 am
Just Joined

grotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud ofgrotster has much to be proud of

Here is my recent timeline

Application completed online at http://www.gov.uk on Feb 9 2015
Package with countersignature, photos and birth certificate handed to DHL on Feb 11
Package arrives at the passport office in Durham Feb 13
At about midnight on Feb 13/14 I received and email requesting a photocopy/scan of my countersignatures passport via either mail or email
Feb 14th emailed scanned passport as requested
Passport received in my hand Feb 23 via DHL
Supporting documents received back on Feb 24, again by DHL

*Note this was also a case of lost/stolen passport*
Old Mar 8th 2015, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Khayos is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for a renewal, although my name had changed. I did it online and then sent paperwork to Durham.

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since it showed as being processed. Really hoping it gets here soon, time to renew Drivers license, so have to do green card etc before dmv will renew next March.

Originally Posted by RICH
Let us know when you get it back! Yours will be the most up to date info.

When I did mine, a few years ago, it took about what they said it would, or a bit less. Since then they don't process in US anymore, so it no doubt takes longer, but I don't recall seeing many/any posts from people claiming it took excessively longer than they expected.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Update: it's now been seven weeks, I've contacted the passport office, all they keep repeating is that it was received and it will take whatever time it states on the website... Which is obviously not the case.

The person was actually being an ass bolding the occasional word copied from the website.

Originally Posted by Khayos
I applied for a renewal, although my name had changed. I did it online and then sent paperwork to Durham.

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since it showed as being processed. Really hoping it gets here soon, time to renew Drivers license, so have to do green card etc before dmv will renew next March.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 3:00 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Khayos
Update: it's now been seven weeks, I've contacted the passport office, all they keep repeating is that it was received and it will take whatever time it states on the website... Which is obviously not the case.

The person was actually being an ass bolding the occasional word copied from the website.
What a pain! And making the wait worse with rudeness is such a pleasant service provider tactic....

Guess I might start getting my renewal application ready earlier than I had planned.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

I actually got another reply yesterday, they wanted to know why I used a deed poll if I live in the USA....because I can..

And also a statement saying I would only use the new name etc etc, which is actually a declaration page included with the deed poll.

I think they're just messing with me now, oh and it has to be sent via snail mail, just to make it take that little bit longer

Originally Posted by WEBlue
What a pain! And making the wait worse with rudeness is such a pleasant service provider tactic....

Guess I might start getting my renewal application ready earlier than I had planned.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Jben04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ina few weeks ill be completing my on line passport application ( renewal)..
Just curious if there is any preference on how its sent to the UK ?.. (USPS global express Guaranteed ,1-3 days / priority mail express,3-5 days )
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Ina few weeks ill be completing my on line passport application ( renewal)..
Just curious if there is any preference on how its sent to the UK ?.. (USPS global express Guaranteed ,1-3 days / priority mail express,3-5 days )
Definitely go with something with tracking. I used ups.

Update: 10 weeks and I'm still waiting for my passport, 2 weeks since they received the extra documentation they requested.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I renewed my sons 5 year passport a couple of weeks ago. It took 12 days from posting on a Saturday morning (March 14th) at local USPS using a tracked service to receiving back the new passport and old one with visa in. I was impressed.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mum 2 3
I renewed my sons 5 year passport a couple of weeks ago. It took 12 days from posting on a Saturday morning (March 14th) at local USPS using a tracked service to receiving back the new passport and old one with visa in. I was impressed.
I contacted them Thursday, Friday they replied and said it has been dispatched. I should expect it within 7-10 business days.

No tracking or information regarding extra docs being sent
Old Apr 15th 2015, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Think my renewal must be a record. Under 7 days from Minnesota.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 7:05 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Total Turnaround time 2 weeks.
Posted 2 weeks ago using USPS 3-5 day registered delivery, arrived HMPO 4 days later. Dispatched back to US after 4 days of processing.
Old May 1st 2015, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

anguilla1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied online for my first adult passport (I had one when I was 3).

Applied online: 24 April 2015
Docs via FedEx: 27 April 2015
Delivered: 29 April 2015
Status updated: 30 April 2015 - Declaration form received, being processed

.... and now I'm just waiting.

Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.