Reload this Page >

Uk nurse - usa

Uk nurse - usa

Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

bbe071 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk nurse - usa

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Husband is American so this is the route they will be taking to get immigrant visa for the US
Thank you silver dragon yes i am not relying on my nursing to move over I just want to be able to continue it. My husband and son are US citizens so will be applying for my daughter and myself on the spouse visa with joint sponsor from mom in law xx
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Starting would be applying to CGFNS for CES report as well as complete this form and send to the Texas state BON, suggest looking at page 13 which gives a list on what docs are required for International trained nurse https://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/pdfs/rnexam.pdf
http://www.cgfns.org/services/ces-professional-report/
http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/

Process can take approx 4 months depending on how timely you arrange for documents from your nursing school to be sent to CGFNS and then the BON will make a decision on whether to give you eligibility to sit NCLEX. If sat outside the US then you have to pay an extra $150 to pearsonvue who administer the exam so looking at approx costs of

Texas BON $125
CGFNS $350 plus $250 if you want to expediate the report
Pearsonvue $200 plus $150 for sitting exam outside the US. Do not apply to pearsonvue until you have been given the OK to sit the exam
Thank you for this will have a look really appreciate all this help and guidance
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lanyu
As Silverdragon102 says is good.

I believe the NMC will do 3 licence verifications for same fee if done at the same time so get forms for TXBON & CGFNS done at same time.

Other than that its the even harder part of studying for the NCLEX which can be tough especially the Pharmacology.

Whats DCF?

I have noticed that it says this on the guidance

E) All international applicants must provide proof of working in nursing for a period totaling two (2) years (i.e. 24 months) at anytime after graduation from a nursing program.
I did think it was 2 yrs I might not quite make that so might have to do extra study in US but will cross that bridge. Although have been employed consecutively for 6 yrs in nhs but as hca for 2 yrs then seconded to nurse training after doing alevels at college whilst working. Now I work in A&E. Again thank you for information xx