Reload this Page >

Uk nurse - usa

Uk nurse - usa

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

bbe071 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk nurse - usa

Originally Posted by Boiler
The daughter will be over 18 by the time they could move so none of this matters.
She might not be!! Lol she is 17 in 3 weeks and dcf filing can take less than a year
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
Check out this link to the TX BON. Scroll down to International Candidates. This will tell you how to proceed and gives you the TX BON approved vendors for transcript evaluation. It does look like you will need 2 yrs post grad experience (or take an additional course).

http://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/examination.html
Thank you!!
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Check out this link to the TX BON. Scroll down to International Candidates. This will tell you how to proceed and gives you the TX BON approved vendors for transcript evaluation. It does look like you will need 2 yrs post grad experience (or take an additional course).

http://www.bon.texas.gov/olv/examination.html
Just looked at this. If honest I am quite happy I would need to do 120 hrs in practice with another nurse and some class room for 120 especially as I will be living in a new country some might think this is strange but I am 44 yrs old in April and it's taken me this long to fulfil my dream (I was seconded from my nhs trust) I really don't mind. This is my dream and I will do it . Thank you for this advice
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bbe071
She might not be!! Lol she is 17 in 3 weeks and dcf filing can take less than a year
They have not even started the process.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

They have not even started the process.
Can I ask how long it takes then please?
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at this. If honest I am quite happy I would need to do 120 hrs in practice with another nurse and some class room for 120 especially as I will be living in a new country some might think this is strange but I am 44 yrs old in April and it's taken me this long to fulfil my dream (I was seconded from my nhs trust) I really don't mind. This is my dream and I will do it . Thank you for this advice
I don't think you are strange at all! Although you would probably have the two years experience requirement met by the time you get here, so it wouldn't be mandatory. Nursing in the US is very different from the UK. The course would give you exposure to your new working environment. You would also receive a hospital based orientation where you would work with an experienced RN preceptor, for usually 6-12 weeks. You won't get thrown in the deep end
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think you are strange at all! Although you would probably have the two years experience requirement met by the time you get here, so it wouldn't be mandatory. Nursing in the US is very different from the UK. The course would give you exposure to your new working environment. You would also receive a hospital based orientation where you would work with an experienced RN preceptor, for usually 6-12 weeks. You won't get thrown in the deep end
I am only a newly qualified at moment but will wait and see if I don't that will be a bonus. If I do oh well!! Hopefully my A&E experience will help in the transition
Thank you everyone for all your help and advice
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you get CES report or other acceptable company report done and see what the BON says. If you do not have the clinical and theory hours you may find it hard to find somewhere where you can top up. Definitely no courses in the UK to top up.

I don't want to sound a downer but have seen many UK nurses not meet BON requirements and struggle to find somewhere to top up. Even seen this happen with Philippine and Australian nurses
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 8:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask how long it takes then please?
6-10 months, plus potentially as long getting the court order giving permission to take the kid out of the UK first.

It's going to be a close thing.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I may be wrong but it seems that you are still in the early stages and not have done anything like getting all the form together etc etc.

But lets assume you decide you want to go ahead, your Daughter could well be 18 or near enough that it really does not matter, if it was an issue and they issued a RFE to get the fathers consent then waiting that short time until she was 18 would be a more obvious alternative.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
6-10 months, plus potentially as long getting the court order giving permission to take the kid out of the UK first.

It's going to be a close thing.
The kid!!! you mean my 17yr old daughter???? Just thought I would clarify this
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

I may be wrong but it seems that you are still in the early stages and not have done anything like getting all the form together etc etc.

But lets assume you decide you want to go ahead, your Daughter could well be 18 or near enough that it really does not matter, if it was an issue and they issued a RFE to get the fathers consent then waiting that short time until she was 18 would be a more obvious alternative.
Yes we are early stages have spoke to solicitor today and he is putting wheels in motion as he has letter from courts and reasons why it would be not acceptable for the sperm father not to be contacted - so all starting well appreciate all advice. So thank you
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The kid!!! you mean my 17yr old daughter???? Just thought I would clarify this
Yes, the kid, because she isn't an adult.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
Yes, the kid, because she isn't an adult.
Ahhhh ok thank you!! I wasn't sure you meant her or her brother who is only 12.
Well fingers crossed that will be sorted ASAP. Again thank you for the advice
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
I would suggest you get CES report or other acceptable company report done and see what the BON says. If you do not have the clinical and theory hours you may find it hard to find somewhere where you can top up. Definitely no courses in the UK to top up.

I don't want to sound a downer but have seen many UK nurses not meet BON requirements and struggle to find somewhere to top up. Even seen this happen with Philippine and Australian nurses
That is ok and you aren't sounding like a downer I would rather know all the avenues that I have to look out for, so I appreciate being fully aware. I know things will work out in the end whichever route I decide to take. As long as I am with my family life will be good as we have been apart far too long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.