Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk nurse - usa

Uk nurse - usa

Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

bbe071 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk nurse - usa

Hello everyone. I have been looking into moving to usa with my American hubby and American/British son and my British daughter. I am a registered nursed I have a 2:1 Bsc I was wondering where I wouLd look for jobs and if anyone knows any agencies. As I know I have to sit an exam in the state we wish to move to (Texas). Any advice would be appreciate. Ohhhhhh and I have only been qualified a year and I work in A&E. Thank you
Sharon
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk nurse - usa

To be honest, this isn't going to happen. Visas for nurses have been unavailable for several years and I doubt there will be any available any time soon. Search here and google for nurse retrogression for more details. Even if there were visas, 1 year of experience and not qualified to work here is a togh sell when there are thousands of nurses here and thousands mite being churned out if colleges here every year.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:48 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
To be honest, this isn't going to happen. Visas for nurses have been unavailable for several years and I doubt there will be any available any time soon. Search here and google for nurse retrogression for more details. Even if there were visas, 1 year of experience and not qualified to work here is a togh sell when there are thousands of nurses here and thousands mite being churned out if colleges here every year.
She won't need a visa, she'll be moving over on an IR1. I think she's asking about practical help in working in nursing once she's over there.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest getting your registration with the state BON sorted. When did you train and does your transcripts show clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult? US training is general and these hours will be required however how many hours will vary from state to state. For Texas if my memory serves me you will require CES report from CGFNS or the other accepted evaluation company. The report will breakdown your transcripts for the BON
Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
She won't need a visa, she'll be moving over on an IR1. I think she's asking about practical help in working in nursing once she's over there.
Yes this is correct!! Thank you bunny. I am thinking of going over there before hand to take state test etc xx
Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
I would suggest getting your registration with the state BON sorted. When did you train and does your transcripts show clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult? US training is general and these hours will be required however how many hours will vary from state to state. For Texas if my memory serves me you will require CES report from CGFNS or the other accepted evaluation company. The report will breakdown your transcripts for the BON
I trained the last 3 yrs as I am newly qualified well a year!! We had to do sample placements and IPL which is an inter professional module with mental health, child nursing, midwives etc I do lots of paediatric as work in A&E and don't have specific paed nurses in our trauma centre. I will habe a look at the BON thank you again for any advice it's all appreciated
Old Jan 20th 2014, 4:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bbe071
Hello everyone. I have been looking into moving to USA with my American hubby and American/British son and my British daughter. ....
Are you going to need parental permission (or a court order) to remove your "British" daughter from the UK?
Old Jan 20th 2014, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
OK. Never mind then!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Are you going to need parental permission (or a court order) to remove your "British" daughter from the UK?
People are asking me this however on my divorce I was granted sole custody and full,parental,responsibility. She has hubby's surname which we changed by deed poll with fathers permission when she was three. This was because we were married and he was on the birth certificate. My daughter is 16, 17 in couple weeks and her biological father hasn't seen her in 16 1/2 from when he left. Hubby has been her daddy for 13 nearly 14 years since we have been together. I know that doesn't mean anything but I don't think I need the sperm donors permission seriously though things in the divorce made him lose his parental rights
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
OK. Never mind then!
Thank you for replying though
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I trained the last 3 yrs as I am newly qualified well a year!! We had to do sample placements and IPL which is an inter professional module with mental health, child nursing, midwives etc I do lots of paediatric as work in A&E and don't have specific paed nurses in our trauma centre. I will habe a look at the BON thank you again for any advice it's all appreciated
Transcripts have to show the hours both clinical and theory. Experience doesn't count. If you have over 75 hours approx in each area both clinical and theory you should be OK however it does vary a bit with each state. I know for me I had 75 clinical hours in Mental Health and Obstetrics and over 800 hours in Paeds and Adult with approx 100 hours each in theory and I was OK for 2 states
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Transcripts have to show the hours both clinical and theory. Experience doesn't count. If you have over 75 hours approx in each area both clinical and theory you should be OK however it does vary a bit with each state. I know for me I had 75 clinical hours in Mental Health and Obstetrics and over 800 hours in Paeds and Adult with approx 100 hours each in theory and I was OK for 2 states
Hmmmmm I will check thank you I know adult I did way over 800 adult because I am adult nurse. Will look on my degree transcripts for the rest thank you appreciate this help and advice
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

..... but I don't think I need the sperm donors permission....)

What you think doesn't really matter.

If both parents listed on the child's birth certificate are not immigrating to the United States, you will be required to present a written notarized permission from your ex spouse for a child under the age of 18 to immigrate to the United States.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casual Observer

If both parents listed on the child's birth certificate are not immigrating to the United States, you will be required to present a written notarized permission from your ex spouse for a child under the age of 18 to immigrate to the United States.
Or a court order approving the immigration.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Casual Observer

Just like to clarify just because he is on the birth certificate does not give them parental responsibility. I have divorce papers stating the biological father has no parental responsibility it was withdrawal due to things I will not mention here as isn't appropriate. I presume this is what you mean by notarized permission just not from thE EX!!! I have full parental responsibility. He even had an order put on him in case he tried to apply for a passport for my daughter. Thank you for the reply and all advice is appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.