Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trying to find a job in NC

Trying to find a job in NC

Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:33 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranjini
Nice to see you back in form, Patrick Don't let 'em brow beat ya. I, at least, like to read more than one point of view (with some colourful language thrown in . So keep it rolling in. It's always good to see both sides of the picture. Or as many sides, if that's at all possible...
Did I ever go away?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:38 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick
Did I ever go away?
I guess not. I hope you never do But you do go awfully quiet sometimes, after a particularly long session of name-calling back and forth
Old Aug 4th 2003, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick
These guys want to move to NC. Firms are laying off left right and centre (over 5000 jobs this week alone) even hospitals are laying off, no-one is hiring as there are hiring freezes. This is reality, there is no way of telling people this without it sounding a little bit negative.

Patrick - just because YOU'RE not qualified or capable enough to get a job doesn't mean that no one can. The fact is that this recession, as past recessions, has basically removed the chaff (people like you) from the wheat (people like me). The simple fact is that anyone who is good at their job and puts in the effort WILL find a job. The demand in the NC area is massive, I know personally because my firm has a large site in RTP.

Economists often state that the definition of recession comes down to "Do I have a job", as ludicrous as that sounds I guess in your case it applies 100%.

Now what kind of ****ing idiot would advise someone to move to that situation, you might as well tell them to run through a minefield. Yes there is a depression, yes they would be taking risk but surely if we told them that life is dandy and they should come over we are not giving them a chance. By telling them to leave it a while (which is what most people have done) we have been realistic - even you said retrain as a nurse and then come over - giving the same advice as everyone else (did you actually read this ****ing thread?).

You know Patrick, I guess when the first settlers came over from Europe there must have been people exactly like you bemoaning the fact that someone else has got the guts and the determination to try something. I can just see you now sitting in your little corner shop in Yorkshire. Ohhhhh, don't try Chinese food its unhygenic, ohhhhh, dont try Indian food its too spicey. People like you with your life is hard for me so I'm gonna bitch-and-moan attitude is what makes people leave Europe in the first place - its a pity your brought your attitude over here man.

I have just reread the whole thread and I don't think one person on this thread has been negative. People have said what the score is in NC, its not pretty but its the truth and advised this person to consider coming over in a couple of years when the situation has improved. What is negative about that, in fact its a positive message of hope.

Using statistics you can paint any picture you want, sure its not so great as 1999 at the moment, but its a hell of a lot better than 1925 isnt it? Sure maybe there arn't as many jobs as 1986 but theres still a hell of a lot more than 1993. Sure theres people out of work, but house prices are still rising so someone must have a job!

I remember moaning minnies like you telling me not to buy a house in 1999 because there was going to be a massive recession, I bought one anyway and its doubled in price. Had I listened to the whingers like you I would still be renting (just like you I'm sure)!

You see Patrick, thats all it really comes down to, it never is the best of times and its never the worst of times - there never ever is the EXACT RIGHT time to come over - but if you got the bottle to try it I say good luck to you - stick with it and you'll make it.

Where do you get that nurses are highly paid, yes they are better paid than the UK but it is all relative. If you nursed in New York you would earn more but the standard of living is higher, if you got a nursing job in remote NC you are talking only a few thousand pounds more a year than the UK.

Patrick, stop bitching-and-moaning. Look in your local paper, contracting nurses from the UK are currently earning MORE than MD's! I personally know someone who came over as an RN and is raking in $110K a year freelance.

I think it is admirable that you come on here and tell everyone that america is the land of milk

I never said it was the land of milk and honey. Bro - just the land of opportunity - try READING MY POST and don't let your negativity over-take you, please get a grip!

Your negativity does in fact have a psychological source - its typical of many people who once the lose out in life due to their own inabillity to compete can only feel better about themselves by pushing some of their negativity on others - thats really what you're trying to do.

My sincere advice to you is to pull yourself out of the cesspit that your currently in and realise that you're one of the lucky ones in the land of opportunity, start where-ever you have to, even if its the bottom and work your way out.

I don't think I would ever hire you as an analyst if you can't take the information that is available about NC and make an educated assumption on the changes of success for 2 UK citizens

You know Patrick, I hate to kick someone when they're down, but thats one funny statement coming from someone who's incapable of finding work addressed to someone whose in a job.

Why not stop worrying about whether YOU'D employ someone else and try and get a job for YOURSELF!!!

I don't think your ready for this website Rayman as it is based on reality, please go to www.disney.com.

I got a web-site for you too Patrick:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/inquirer/loser.html
Old Aug 5th 2003, 12:34 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RaymanInPA
<<snip>>

My advise to you would be to look at nursing which lead to very highly paid jobs in the US + H1B visa. You've paid plenty of tax to the UK Government, let them train you as a nurse, get some work experiance then move over here.

<<snip>>
I believe your advice about nursing has a glaring omission. It's all good and well to have training and even experience in nursing in the UK but it means squat in the US without the individual gaining accreditation/licensing in the US before applying for employment here.

That costs money and a fair bit I should think.

Even US trained nurses and doctors just can't move from one state to another and start working as you suggest. They too have to gain accreditation and licensing for the state.

NC Penguin
Old Aug 5th 2003, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by NC Penguin
but it means squat in the US without the individual gaining accreditation/licensing in the US before applying for employment here. That costs money and a fair bit I should think.
Very true.

But most nurses who come over here are being sponsored by the agencies that they work through (who no doubt take a big slice of their pay). There are US agencies actively recruiting people direct from the UK and the person I know who came over here as an RN had here visa sponsored by one of them + local training course to become acredited.

Also, the situation is nursing is very unlikely to change any time soon. Too many old people here + the population on them is growing fast. Healthcare (despite insurance-liabillity) is booming like I.T. was in the late 90's.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 2:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

....... I can just see you now sitting in your little corner shop in Yorkshire. ......
Oi Rayman! Don't blame him on Yorkshire, he's from t'other side o't Pennines!

BTW As I said above, my employer has also been hireing heavily this year, ..... in Charlotte, NC!

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 5th 2003 at 2:08 am.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 3:14 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I love it, I love the fact you have no idea what your talking about and stand behind it. NC is in a bad way at the moment, I am not the only one out of work. I am not the only very qualified, very experienced person chasing very few jobs. Even Walmart isn't hiring round here. One company was already to offer me a job when they started laying off and the position went. Not only am I very qualified and I more than capable, the problem is there are very many qualified and capable people out there.

I actually love the sentences "The simple fact is that anyone who is good at their job and puts in the effort WILL find a job. The demand in the NC area is massive, I know personally because my firm has a large site in RTP." because it actually shows what a ****ing dickhead you really are. 1. I have applied for well over 200 jobs from Target to CEO and everything in between and had 3 interviews in just under 6 months - application means nothing when there are no jobs. 2. There are no jobs in RTP, if your company is hiring it is one of a kind and unless you live there you have no idea what is happening. For every job advertised there are over 200 applications, and less than half the jobs advertised actually exist.

Firstly I am from Lancashire and secondly I have not bitched or moaned about my situation or anyone elses, I start off warning people that this is not the time to come to NC and end up defending myself against arseholes like you who stand behind some dumb shield of "if the first settlers..." what a load of horseshit. You cannot compare what they did to what I am doing, you have no idea what I am doing and therefor cannot comment on it, although that is not going to stop you because wrong or wrong you have an opinion and you are going to voice it, well opinions are clitoris's, every ***** got one.

"I remember moaning minnies like you telling me not to buy a house in 1999 because there was going to be a massive recession, I bought one anyway and its doubled in price. Had I listened to the whingers like you I would still be renting (just like you I'm sure)!"

Strangely we where advised in 1999 to buy as everyone predicted prices would rise, they did and I made a killing when I moved here (sorry to upset you) - I normally listen to advice you on the other listen to ****ing morons if (in 1999 when the economy in the UK was booming) they advised you not to buy.

"You see Patrick, thats all it really comes down to, it never is the best of times and its never the worst of times - there never ever is the EXACT RIGHT time to come over - but if you got the bottle to try it I say good luck to you - stick with it and you'll make it. "

Now thats just silly isn't it, think about it for a minute. Would you advise someone to open up an ice cream shop in the winter, no you wouldn't as it would probably fail before it really got going. You would advise them to wait until spring or early summer then open it up. You will sell more ice cream which will give you a financial cushion for the winter and hopefully build up a loyal customer base to help you in the winter.

All we are saying is the same to these guys, don't come to NC now as it is in a really bad way, especially as far as IT is concerned. Wait a couple of years, get some experience under your belt and try again. We are not telling them to drown puppies, we are giving them common sense advise, obviously something you are not aware of.

"Your negativity does in fact have a psychological source - its typical of many people who once the lose out in life due to their own inabillity to compete can only feel better about themselves by pushing some of their negativity on others - thats really what you're trying to do."

You could of stopped proving you where an arsehole long before this sentence. I am a very positive person and all I am trying to do is help people, there is absolutly no negativity in my posts. If you can find it tell me, all I have done (like others) is suggest they consider postoning it. Telling people that there are no jobs is not a negative thing - I didn't get rid of the jobs, I am justing passing on the situation.

You on the other hand seem to have phsopathic tendencies, if people aren't saying what you want to hear they are whingers. If people aren't employed they are in some way inadequate. If someone disagrees with you they are in some way a loser. You have issues and I would appreciate it if you discuss it with a person who is qualified and not come on here spreading your hate and stupidity.

Patrick

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RaymanInPA

Last edited by Patrick; Aug 5th 2003 at 3:39 am.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 3:19 am
Pagan Sex God

Also, the situation is nursing is very unlikely to change any time soon. Too many old people here + the population on them is growing fast. Healthcare (despite insurance-liabillity) is booming like I.T. was in the late 90's.
Yes, thats why hospitals are laying off or having hiring freezes.

Do you actually read the papers or watch the news, it is very easy for you to call everyone negative when you are oblivious to the state of the country. We are neither negative or doom sayers we read the papers and understand the situation the country is in.

I think that retraining as a nurse is probably a good idea - as it would take a couple of years but I think you are severly misguided about the state of hospitals over here at the moment.

Patrick
Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:50 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RaymanInPA
These guys want to move to NC. Firms are laying off left right and centre (over 5000 jobs this week alone) even hospitals are laying off, no-one is hiring as there are hiring freezes. This is reality, there is no way of telling people this without it sounding a little bit negative.

Patrick - just because YOU'RE not qualified or capable enough to get a job doesn't mean that no one can. The fact is that this recession, as past recessions, has basically removed the chaff (people like you) from the wheat (people like me). The simple fact is that anyone who is good at their job and puts in the effort WILL find a job. The demand in the NC area is massive, I know personally because my firm has a large site in RTP.

Economists often state that the definition of recession comes down to "Do I have a job", as ludicrous as that sounds I guess in your case it applies 100%.

Now what kind of ****ing idiot would advise someone to move to that situation, you might as well tell them to run through a minefield. Yes there is a depression, yes they would be taking risk but surely if we told them that life is dandy and they should come over we are not giving them a chance. By telling them to leave it a while (which is what most people have done) we have been realistic - even you said retrain as a nurse and then come over - giving the same advice as everyone else (did you actually read this ****ing thread?).

You know Patrick, I guess when the first settlers came over from Europe there must have been people exactly like you bemoaning the fact that someone else has got the guts and the determination to try something. I can just see you now sitting in your little corner shop in Yorkshire. Ohhhhh, don't try Chinese food its unhygenic, ohhhhh, dont try Indian food its too spicey. People like you with your life is hard for me so I'm gonna bitch-and-moan attitude is what makes people leave Europe in the first place - its a pity your brought your attitude over here man.

I have just reread the whole thread and I don't think one person on this thread has been negative. People have said what the score is in NC, its not pretty but its the truth and advised this person to consider coming over in a couple of years when the situation has improved. What is negative about that, in fact its a positive message of hope.

Using statistics you can paint any picture you want, sure its not so great as 1999 at the moment, but its a hell of a lot better than 1925 isnt it? Sure maybe there arn't as many jobs as 1986 but theres still a hell of a lot more than 1993. Sure theres people out of work, but house prices are still rising so someone must have a job!

I remember moaning minnies like you telling me not to buy a house in 1999 because there was going to be a massive recession, I bought one anyway and its doubled in price. Had I listened to the whingers like you I would still be renting (just like you I'm sure)!

You see Patrick, thats all it really comes down to, it never is the best of times and its never the worst of times - there never ever is the EXACT RIGHT time to come over - but if you got the bottle to try it I say good luck to you - stick with it and you'll make it.

Where do you get that nurses are highly paid, yes they are better paid than the UK but it is all relative. If you nursed in New York you would earn more but the standard of living is higher, if you got a nursing job in remote NC you are talking only a few thousand pounds more a year than the UK.

Patrick, stop bitching-and-moaning. Look in your local paper, contracting nurses from the UK are currently earning MORE than MD's! I personally know someone who came over as an RN and is raking in $110K a year freelance.

I think it is admirable that you come on here and tell everyone that america is the land of milk

I never said it was the land of milk and honey. Bro - just the land of opportunity - try READING MY POST and don't let your negativity over-take you, please get a grip!

Your negativity does in fact have a psychological source - its typical of many people who once the lose out in life due to their own inabillity to compete can only feel better about themselves by pushing some of their negativity on others - thats really what you're trying to do.

My sincere advice to you is to pull yourself out of the cesspit that your currently in and realise that you're one of the lucky ones in the land of opportunity, start where-ever you have to, even if its the bottom and work your way out.

I don't think I would ever hire you as an analyst if you can't take the information that is available about NC and make an educated assumption on the changes of success for 2 UK citizens

You know Patrick, I hate to kick someone when they're down, but thats one funny statement coming from someone who's incapable of finding work addressed to someone whose in a job.

Why not stop worrying about whether YOU'D employ someone else and try and get a job for YOURSELF!!!

I don't think your ready for this website Rayman as it is based on reality, please go to www.disney.com.

I got a web-site for you too Patrick:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/inquirer/loser.html
Hooray and ally at last! Keepit up Rayman and i agree you are bang on.

regards,

Duncan
Old Aug 5th 2003, 1:32 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by 17782023
Hooray and ally at last! Keepit up Rayman and i agree you are bang on.

regards,

Duncan
Hooray for you! Someone else who thinks 2 people should give up jobs in the UK and move to NC where there are non.

Hooray, someone else who beleives that the will to have what you want overides common sense.

Hooray, someone else who thinks NC would be a better place with 2 more unemployed IT guys.

Hooray someone else who finds it easy to advice people to plough there life savings into a venture at a depressed economic time. Its easy for you 2 as you will lose nothing if they fail (which they will at this present moment in time).

With advice comes the responsibility that goes along with it, you two are so irresponsible. What other advice are you going to give people - open up an ice cream parlour in Antartica, selling maple syrup to the canadians.

Come on guys, I know you haven't shown any yet but lets have some common sense on these issues. Its easy to give advice because you don't have to live with the consequences but these guys do. Its fine to say "balls out" go for your dreams and "there is never a good time" - that may be true but this is indeed a bad time to follow a dream. I have never said kill the dream, only postone it.

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Aug 5th 2003 at 2:50 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 2:05 pm
Pagan Sex God

Ray and Duncan,

There is obviously something fundamentaly wrong with the pair of you if cannot make your point without personal and hurtful attacks. So lets get rid of that bit of this discussion and concentrate on the facts.

I need to know why you feel the compulsion to advice people to give up jobs in the UK who have very little IT experience and move to NC where the economy is very depressed and there are no jobs, certainly not in IT.

My argument is that they should do it in a year or two when the economy recovers a bit and you two beleive they should just do it now. Obviously you do not have to pay any consequences to there actions which makes it easier to give this advice.

One of you is in Belfast and the other is in PA, what makes you experts about NC and the economic climate here. Just because there are jobs on your internal website for RTP doesn't mean they actually exist. Nokia had a policy (while they where laying off) to post jobs on the internal website to give those still employed hope and not to leave before they where pushed (just in case).

I will concede this argument if you can make a good case for giving this advice but I can't beleive either of you would follow the advice you are giving out. Ray would you sell your house in PA give up your job and move to NC without a job in the pipeline at this moment in time, I think not. Duncan has already conceded on the fact that he originally wasn't going to live with the in-laws and now realises because of the state of the nation he has to bite that bullet. It doesn't help that neither of you are in IT - isn't it strange that neither of you are in NC or work in IT (where as I am both) and you two are the experts. I find it strange that you feel you can give this advice with nothing to base it on!

I have never said don't come over, I have always said come over when the economy is recovering. I don't want people to go through what I and a lot of other IT and Software proffesionals are going through at the moment as it can be sole destroying.

I still maintain it is easy to give advice when you don't have to face the consequences of your actions, it is harder to give good advice. Your advice is not based on the reality of the situation as neither of you are facing the reality of the situation (one is far removed from in Belfast and the other is employed and in PA) - my advice is based on the reality of being in NC and in the IT industry not on some (misguided) romantic notion that the USA is the land of opportunity!

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Aug 5th 2003 at 2:30 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 6:08 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Ray and Duncan,

There is obviously something fundamentaly wrong with the pair of you if cannot make your point without personal and hurtful attacks. So lets get rid of that bit of this discussion and concentrate on the facts.

Patrick
Hang on i am not the one who started that. You called me dickhead, called Rayman and idiot and so on. Look at the previous posts to see who started the name calling.

No one says you shouldnt share your information with others or that we have a better feel for the NC job market than you. The suggestions i made were intended to offer new ideas to you for getting going yourself by the way but hey screw you if you dont want it.

The problem i suspect we both have is the way you take your direct and relevant experiences and turn it into comments about only an idoit would move here now or open an ice cream parlour in the antartic etc. Share your info but have the courtesy to let others decide for themselves their course of action. Its all well and good to say wait a few years but what if your time ends? then you blew your chance and thats that. I have seen good young men die here in belfast or lose legs, what use is wait until next year to someone then? i say balls to that and seize the moment because you never know whats coming next. Maybe its tough now but its each individuals choice. Share your experience by all means but keep your fears to yourself.

by the way i decided to change plans because i didnt manage to avoid insolvency and had to spend my money on a creditors settlements instead so i cant pay the rent until i get job as planned and i have to stay with the parents in law for a while instead. It wont be for long and i will get something i am sure. In 25 years i will have seat in congress if all goes to plan and if it doesnt well it will be a wild ride!

good luck to Rayman he is harsh but not far wrong, i reckon i am just more diplomatic.

regards,

Duncan
Old Aug 5th 2003, 6:09 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Ray and Duncan,

Patrick
Hang on i am not the one who started that. You called me dickhead, called Rayman and idiot and so on. Look at the previous posts to see who started the name calling.

No one says you shouldnt share your information with others or that we have a better feel for the NC job market than you. The suggestions i made were intended to offer new ideas to you for getting going yourself by the way but hey screw you if you dont want it.

The problem i suspect we both have is the way you take your direct and relevant experiences and turn it into comments about only an idoit would move here now or open an ice cream parlour in the antartic etc. Share your info but have the courtesy to let others decide for themselves their course of action. Its all well and good to say wait a few years but what if your time ends? then you blew your chance and thats that. I have seen good young men die here in belfast or lose legs, what use is wait until next year to someone then? i say balls to that and seize the moment because you never know whats coming next. Maybe its tough now but its each individuals choice. Share your experience by all means but keep your fears to yourself.

by the way i decided to change plans because i didnt manage to avoid insolvency and had to spend my money on a creditors settlements instead so i cant pay the rent until i get job as planned and i have to stay with the parents in law for a while instead. It wont be for long and i will get something i am sure. In 25 years i will have seat in congress if all goes to plan and if it doesnt well it will be a wild ride!

good luck to Rayman he is harsh but not far wrong, i reckon i am just more diplomatic.

regards,

Duncan
Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:02 am
Pagan Sex God

You where condesending and down right patronising towards me and deserved all you got. This thread is not about me but you made it very personal. They say it takes an average of 9 months to get a job in NC at the moment so being unemployed for 6 months is OK to me. Its not like I am being Onslow and sat in white vest watching TV all day, I am proactively looking for a job, thanks but no thanks for your help.

To say they should do because tomorrow they would may be dead is just daft, if we all lived our life that way we would never work and spend every day at the beach or with our kids! One day we will die, and probably have a few regrets but I bet if they went to NC now and lost all there money and then have to go back to the UK to start all over again they wish they where dead.

These people are grown ups, they make there own decisions, I (and a few others) only advised them to wait a while. It wasn't an order, they don't have to obey it.

You say Ray (and you) are right but haven't given one shed of evidence to why these two guys should leave the UK now and come to the USA.

Patrick

Originally posted by 17782023

regards,

Duncan
Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick
I love it, I love the fact you have no idea what your talking about and stand behind it. NC is in a bad way at the moment, I am not the only one out of work. I am not the only very qualified, very experienced person chasing very few jobs.

Funny how its always those guys who are the "very qualified" ones with lots of degrees who are always chasing the jobs and ending up with jack-shit. Patrick, you make me sad man, because you cant see the BS that your posting here! Bro, just because YOU cant find a job don't mean that no one can, just because you got an MA in Social Sciences don't mean someone with a B-Tech (or whatever it is these days) in Electronics wont find a job.

Please bro, stop turning it into such a me versus the world thing. RTP is humming along quite nicely, I don't live down there, but I have collegues who work between my companies PA and RTP site and theres plenty of opportunities down there for people who are prepared to take them.

I don't dispute you're having a hard time, but consider for one-second that your situation may be more due to your own inadequacy than the economic situation.

Not only am I very qualified and I more than capable, the problem is there are very many qualified and capable people out there.

Do you start off all your job interviews with that line? I'd guess that from your egotistical postings. "Not only am I Patrick one of the greatest techies in NC, I personally invented the Internet in 1996". What a joke! Get off your high-horse Patrick and come down to Earth, maybe you'll land on a job

You cannot compare what they did to what I am doing, you have no idea what I am doing and therefor cannot comment on it

...here we go again back into I Patrick Mode. Yeah, no one ever had it so bad as me Patrick. Yeah, I'm the martyr Patrick because no one ever lost their job before and had to take a pay cut. Yeah, feel sorry for me Patrick <swig of cheap beer> because no one ever had it tougher than me!!!

Look Patrick, stop pretending you're a martyr and some victim of the greatest tragedy to befaul a human and get off your arse and find a job. If you've got this sort of bitch-and-moan attitude in job interviews its no wonder you're still out of work! Trust me pal, LOTS OF PEOPLE have made it in the US who infact had a much harder time than you did and they aint bitching and moaning. Do you know what I went through when I came here? No. I didnt have a cake-walk either FYI but I aint bitching about.

"You on the other hand seem to have phsopathic tendencies, if people aren't saying what you want to hear they are whingers."

No, Patrick, a whinger to me is someone who is in the land of opportunity but still claims:

1. They cant find a job.
2. They're reallly, really well qualified.
3. They've been through so pain that they deserve saint-hood.
4. No ones ever had it as hard as them.

Thats what makes you a whinger Patrick, not that I disagree with you. Bro, listen to me, a couple of hundered years ago some Irish guys couldnt grow some potatoes so they left home and ended up in the US. How much opportunity do you think they had? How did they travel, did they have any fall-back options. NO. Even today theres people like that - refugees who come over with zero and make a decent living for themselves.

And then...

...theres you, who despite all the opportunities can't help but balls it all up and spend his time drinking cheap beer and bitching and moaning at his condition. Sorry man, I just cant feel that sorry for you.

Finally Patrick I got to address this part of your post which was hillarious, but in a way provided a valuable insight into your warped psychology

Now thats one hell of an interesting statement coming from someone whose main points are based around the words arsehole, ididot and ****.

Patrick man - a GENUINE peice of advice, have a break from the Bud this evening and take a good hard look in the mirror, in the US you've got the power and freedom to change what you see - just do it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.