Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Talking of hot ....

Talking of hot ....

Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:37 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Talking of hot ....

[QUOTE=TruBrit;5173486]
Originally Posted by snowbunny

TruBrit, you sure you haven't got a 30-year-old aircon and someone's shoved a pillow into some of the ductwork?
inQUOTE]

no such luck...newish house and all is checked when we have our annual service but tks, good thinking batwoman.
It still sounds like one heckuva bill...unless you're growing indoor plants of course - then it would be understandable.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Redlippie;5173492]
Originally Posted by TruBrit

It still sounds like one heckuva bill...unless you're growing indoor plants of course - then it would be understandable.
no worries, next mth might be a bit lower as they are sometimes estimated readings although our bill never states that, we'll see.

oh and nope, no little sideline going on here
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

it depends how high the humidity is and that fluctuates daily here so i'm forever playing with the controls lol! without the high humidity i like a warm mid to high 70's inside however now that summer is here and it's very humid i have it down to 69 and although it feel somewhat cool we have to have it that low to pull the humidity out of the air. OH doesn't mind the humidity too much but then he's grown up with it.

btw our elec bill for last month was $789 ~ how does that compare to y'alls?
WOW...... house is 2,800 sq ft our last bill was under 300 dollars central air con set at 78 electric stove and water heater plus pool pump running.... heat with gas in winter
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

But we do have heavy insulation everywhere
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=TruBrit;5173500]
Originally Posted by Redlippie

no worries, next mth might be a bit lower as they are sometimes estimated readings although our bill never states that, we'll see.

oh and nope, no little sideline going on here
I'm glad yours is high makes me feel a bit better - I think ours is partly due to old and dirty system.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by southern comfort
WOW...... house is 2,800 sq ft our last bill was under 300 dollars central air con set at 78 electric stove and water heater plus pool pump running.... heat with gas in winter
we have a lot of humidity here, not sure how bad it is where you are and we prefer our a/c to run much lower than your 78 hence we have to pay the price.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Sally;5173795]
- I think ours is partly due to old and dirty system.
yep that can make a big difference. is your house well insulated? we made sure ours was before we moved in as that helps
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=TruBrit;5173826]
Originally Posted by Sally

yep that can make a big difference. is your house well insulated? we made sure ours was before we moved in as that helps
No it's not insulated at all.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

we have a lot of humidity here, not sure how bad it is where you are and we prefer our a/c to run much lower than your 78 hence we have to pay the price.
South Carolina lots of humidity
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:09 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Its really humid here....I find running the AC just a few hours a day clears it from the house....
It only 58 degree outside right now....a bit cold for this time of year...
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:24 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Its really humid here....I find running the AC just a few hours a day clears it from the house....
58! It's 5:20 p.m. in South Carolina, and 106 degrees F.
OMG what is happening with the weather?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by krizzy
omg sure you don't mean 85

wow 58! that's winter woollie time

it's 4.25 here and 100f
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
60 F in NJ...in the 11yrs I've lived here I've never known it to be as cold as this during the summer. Mid August...it feels more like November today.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mallory
104 in Greenville SC. only if you go outside though lol
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:20 pm
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
$15 electric and $28 gas. No AC required here.
erm, do you not have light bulbs, or a freezer, or showers come to think of it either then? !! Or is it a tent??

c'mon, spill the beans on your secrets to such a low-cost home!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.