Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Talking of hot ....

Originally Posted by Ray
Its from Tom
His fantasy? What are the blue things?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to be a Lesbian for a while
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:33 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
You must have a swamp cooler? My house is only AC I wish I had dual cooling

I keep it at 80F except at night when I set it at 75F. It's pretty humid here now so ceiling and tower fans aren't so effective as they are when it's dry. But the cost of the electricity used during the summer is offset by the warm winters. Rarely last winter did I need to turn the heating on so my gas bills are next to nothing.
I have a small swamp cooler for really hot days, but don't often use it. Winter - my bills get to about $150 for gas + electric. Temps usually down to 20s-30s in the day, 0s-20s at night. We had a week or so of -20s last winter, but didn't seem to change the bill much.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Its from Tom
I know...he's got a flare for this sort of thing.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:18 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

82f day and night, bills right now $320 per month...
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
I am going to be a Lesbian for a while
Ray you would look good with dark hair - I'm not going to mess with your pic though
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Ray you would look good with dark hair - I'm not going to mess with your pic though
Tommorrow I will do my dark look

Evoal..the wife is playing with your little control ..
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:00 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I'd faint if I got a $800 leccy bill!

TruBrit, you sure you haven't got a 30-year-old aircon and someone's shoved a pillow into some of the ductwork? It seems really high unless you have mega sq footage.

I have about 2900 sq feet and due to an ageing aircon and ductwork designed by monkeys, the bills are high in an average summer.... topping $300. It doesn't help that I have loads of windows though they do have solar screens. The aircon will probably need replacing this winter; it needs it NOW but I've had to put it off until we had two regular incomes. We've been blessed with the weird cool rainy weather which has gifted us with $150 leccy bills. August's bill will suck, and the aircon is struggling now. A new aircon will lower our bills significantly.

While we are gone the temp is up to 81 F (any hotter than that would be cruel to the cats IMHO); when we're back, it's down to 76. I'm much more comfortable if it's at 74, but the system has to really work hard in this heat to get there even at night. I'm sensitive to heat due to medication I take, so when it is at 78 as it was when my autocratic brother lived here, I really suffer.

While I grew up in a climate where sleep meant being stuck on top of the thin sheets sweating and staring at the ceiling, I too like snuggling under a duvet and keeping it cooler. Perhaps instead of a heating blanket I need a cooling blanket.

Winters are far easier with natural gas bills at around $100-$150 absolute max per month. It's always interesting, that first day that I turn the heat on after months of air con.... like the heater has to remember how to work!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:15 am
Ray

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I'd faint if I got a $800 leccy bill!

TruBrit, you sure you haven't got a 30-year-old aircon and someone's shoved a pillow into some of the ductwork? It seems really high unless you have mega sq footage.

I have about 2900 sq feet and due to an ageing aircon and ductwork designed by monkeys, the bills are high in an average summer.... topping $300. It doesn't help that I have loads of windows though they do have solar screens. The aircon will probably need replacing this winter; it needs it NOW but I've had to put it off until we had two regular incomes. We've been blessed with the weird cool rainy weather which has gifted us with $150 leccy bills. August's bill will suck, and the aircon is struggling now. A new aircon will lower our bills significantly.

While we are gone the temp is up to 81 F (any hotter than that would be cruel to the cats IMHO); when we're back, it's down to 76. I'm much more comfortable if it's at 74, but the system has to really work hard in this heat to get there even at night. I'm sensitive to heat due to medication I take, so when it is at 78 as it was when my autocratic brother lived here, I really suffer.

While I grew up in a climate where sleep meant being stuck on top of the thin sheets sweating and staring at the ceiling, I too like snuggling under a duvet and keeping it cooler. Perhaps instead of a heating blanket I need a cooling blanket.

Winters are far easier with natural gas bills at around $100-$150 absolute max per month. It's always interesting, that first day that I turn the heat on after months of air con.... like the heater has to remember how to work!
30 years old ....JeeZ ..10 years is a good life for them ... it must be about 3 seer
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:24 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
30 years old ....JeeZ ..10 years is a good life for them ... it must be about 3 seer
I'm guessing....

my own is 13 years old and even though it hasn't died yet, I know that the SEER rating is a lot lower than most of the new models, and I don't want it to actually die because with my luck it'll be well hot outside.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:34 am
Ray

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I'm guessing....

my own is 13 years old and even though it hasn't died yet, I know that the SEER rating is a lot lower than most of the new models, and I don't want it to actually die because with my luck it'll be well hot outside.
That will be 7 or 8 seer ...
new ones start at 13 ..now and you are going to need at least a 4 ton
probably 5 ... mucha costa
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:51 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Ray
That will be 7 or 8 seer ...
new ones start at 13 ..now and you are going to need at least a 4 ton
probably 5 ... mucha costa
Yeah I knoooooowww..... which is why I've delayed it. My only comfort is that I'll get a tiny rebate from the electrical coop, and the leccy bills will be lower. So.... I'm getting a new aircon for Christmas! Santa will have a hell of a time stuffing that down my chimney.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:58 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
We can all be blondes you know ..
Jesus.

I didn't need to see that this early....

I could do the same thing, but the board would crash.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

It's been nice and foggy here in San Francisco the last few days. I actually thought I might have to put the heat on for a while in my apartment last night Nice and sunny today though.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=snowbunny;5171508]

TruBrit, you sure you haven't got a 30-year-old aircon and someone's shoved a pillow into some of the ductwork?
inQUOTE]

no such luck...newish house and all is checked when we have our annual service but tks, good thinking batwoman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.