Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

'Support our troops' car ribbons

Wikiposts

'Support our troops' car ribbons

Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:17 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Support our troops' car ribbons

Originally Posted by DCMark
I am just still not clear on why members of the military are more derserving of support ($$ or equivalent) then Tusami victims, homeless people, drug addicts, orphaned children, teachers, etc? Can someone explain this to me?

#1 They volunteered.
#2 They get paid, their salary was not a secret when they agreed to #1 above.
#3 Their job involves killing, not healing the sick or eliminating poverty.
Besides which, why are you so intent on attacking military members? Just curious
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
#4 They have post-service benefits such as: lifetime access to healthcare, financial assistance with further education costs, guaranteed mortgage, etc.
don't forget the boob jobs
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:21 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Where? Can I get one?!!!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally Posted by robskatie
Besides which, why are you so intent on attacking military members? Just curious
Why do you think they deserve special attention and support? Just curious?

Also, why can't elaborate on your arguments?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:22 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They come with armour inserts?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:23 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I am just still not clear on why members of the military are more derserving of support ($$ or equivalent) then Tusami victims, homeless people, drug addicts, orphaned children, teachers, etc? Can someone explain this to me?

#1 They volunteered.
#2 They get paid, their salary was not a secret when they agreed to #1 above.
#3 Their job involves killing, not healing the sick or eliminating poverty.

Were this an in your face type of war where our military were putting their lives on the line literally to protect you, your loved ones and so forth would you not think they were deserving of support?

Your reasonings-#1 I can't take issue with that, it is true.
#2 Yes they get paid but did you know that their salary level puts many of the young enlisted troops at the level where they are eligible for foodstamps and WIC.
#3 Their job is to protect and defend. In case you didn't know it the Graves Registration company from Ft Lee, VA were dispatched to help identify victims of the tsunami. THAT is what they were trained for. Or the Marines handing out food to tsunami victims.
Healing the sick? Hmm. What are military doctors and nurses for? While their primary duty is to their fellow soldiers, that doesn't mean that they would be forbidden to treat civilians.
Eliminating poverty? I could be cynical and say wherever there's a military base there are jobs and dollars generated by the base, so yes I suppose that helps eliminate poverty.

Again, I don't think anyone said that firefighters, police etc were not worthy of our support. That was a pretty impressive outpouring of care and concern after 9/11, directed at the families of those individuals.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:24 am

Why do you think they deserve special attention and support? Just curious?

Also, why can't elaborate on your arguments?
I do not think they deserve special attention at all, as I have just posted, I would support other civil servant just as much.
Can you not answer why you feel you have to attack them so much?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

I do not think they deserve special attention at all, as I have just posted, I would support other civil servant just as much.
Can you not answer why you feel you have to attack them so much?
Because I hate freedom, of course.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Were this an in your face type of war where our military were putting their lives on the line literally to protect you, your loved ones and so forth would you not think they were deserving of support?

Your reasonings-#1 I can't take issue with that, it is true.
#2 Yes they get paid but did you know that their salary level puts many of the young enlisted troops at the level where they are eligible for foodstamps and WIC.
#3 Their job is to protect and defend. In case you didn't know it the Graves Registration company from Ft Lee, VA were dispatched to help identify victims of the tsunami. THAT is what they were trained for. Or the Marines handing out food to tsunami victims.
Healing the sick? Hmm. What are military doctors and nurses for? While their primary duty is to their fellow soldiers, that doesn't mean that they would be forbidden to treat civilians.
Eliminating poverty? I could be cynical and say wherever there's a military base there are jobs and dollars generated by the base, so yes I suppose that helps eliminate poverty.

Again, I don't think anyone said that firefighters, police etc were not worthy of our support. That was a pretty impressive outpouring of care and concern after 9/11, directed at the families of those individuals.
I think you are fantastic!! You put it down as I would like to but I just get so irate that it doesn't come out as well
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:29 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

aaah you're an "evil-doer"
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:30 am

Where do I find the ignore button....?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They come with armour inserts?
maybe as replacements for
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

They would get more than my support, I would join up.

So the average person should make up the difference? When the immense waste and croynism (Bechtel, Halibirton, etc) could easily fix this problem?

Wow what an inefficient way to handle aid. Have a billion dollar aircraft carrier with highly trained soldiers hand out aid. Also this is 90% PR for the USA.

Please, think about the logic of this statement. Prisions have doctors too, does that make them a healthcare facility?

Yes, these miltary bases are such a boon to the local economies. Gosh its like we are giving the money away!

Your comments are just silly, sorry.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:37 am

They would get more than my support, I would join up.

So the average person should make up the difference? When the immense waste and croynism (Bechtel, Halibirton, etc) could easily fix this problem?

Wow what an inefficient way to handle aid. Have a billion dollar aircraft carrier with highly trained soldiers hand out aid. Also this is 90% PR for the USA.

Please, think about the logic of this statement. Prisions have doctors too, does that make them a healthcare facility?

Yes, these miltary bases are such a boon to the local economies. Gosh its like we are giving the money away!

Your comments are just silly, sorry.
IMHO you are just a d*#k head, sorry.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Where do I find the ignore button....?
Its right next to the Fox news channel.

So your agrument is that we should support the troops and that other people have written great posts to support your arguments but you are too irate to come up with your own?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.