Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Suggestions please..

Suggestions please..

Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:53 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions please..

Have you decided what you are going to do yet?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
Have you decided what you are going to do yet?
Chips, rice and curry sauce (half chips half rice)
Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
EEeeeyuuuu! Molasses That would constitute child cruelty. Another example of how obesity in America can be blamed on the virus!
good to make your own bbq sauce though...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Chips, rice and curry sauce (half chips half rice)
where you getting the sauce then?
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by woodsey
The girl scouts in our area have a 'nibble fest' each year where all the different troops represent a different country and make food from said country..
Last year I posted a thread commenting on how the troop that represented England chose 'cheese and pineapple on sticks' as a true representation of what us English folk eat.. We were told that the Queen eats then on a regular basis.
This year my daughter's troop has been given the task of providing the 'English' food, so what can they make? Preferably something that can be made in bulk in advance and kept warm to be served up once we get there.
They suggested crumpets but it would be too time consuming toasting them all, about 500 people attended last year.
An Update to amuse you all ... we decided on sausage rolls - the wife pissed off back to the UK and I had to work on the day of the cooking so I told them to just wrap a load of sausages in pastry

When I get there on the day what did I see on troop 777's England stall on top of a union jack ? SAUSAGES WRAPPED IN CROISSANTS !!! I meant pastry not a Pastries - ****tards
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

An Update to amuse you all ... we decided on sausage rolls - the wife pissed off back to the UK and I had to work on the day of the cooking so I told them to just wrap a load of sausages in pastry

When I get there on the day what did I see on troop 777's England stall on top of a union jack ? SAUSAGES WRAPPED IN CROISSANTS !!! I meant pastry not a Pastries - ****tards
HaHa. Tried to send you karma condolences but it wouldn't let me. Woodseys back tomorrow isn't she?
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
HaHa. Tried to send you karma condolences but it wouldn't let me. Woodseys back tomorrow isn't she?
she is indeed - woo hoo
Old Apr 9th 2006, 3:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

she is indeed - woo hoo
Aww I bet she's looking forward to getting back. Hey, would you ask her not to use that photo of me for her avatar.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Aww I bet she's looking forward to getting back. Hey, would you ask her not to use that photo of me for her avatar.
It looks remarkably like her !!! one place she hasn't lost weight
Old Apr 9th 2006, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

I do Shepards pie or scones, have occasionally done trifle but truthfully the shepards pie always goes down best and everyone seems to think of it as a British favourite.
Well done on the weight loss just started week one, i'm missing the vino other than that going ok, i was happy to see you get 2 more points here a day for the same weight at home.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 4:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

haha...that's funking hilarious.....perhaps you should have just said wrap 'em in dough, at least if they'd messed that up you'd be quids in
Old Apr 9th 2006, 1:23 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

LOLOL My friend's daughter's girlscout group asked me for a recipe and I gave them scones. They reported back that they made a lot of money however they changed the recipe slightly. Instead of fruit they used choc chips. My husband still cringes when I mention choc chips in scones. lolol