Wikiposts

Sandy

Old Nov 16th 2012, 10:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sandy

Originally Posted by WEBlue
This is true in odd spots here near me too. So many leaves came down in the hurricane and then the subsequent early snowfall of the nor'easter, but a few hardy trees seemed to have held onto their leaves through both...and now those leaves are turning beautiful colours. What a weird autumn!
Around my town and most places I've seen around here, the leaves that held on for dear life, well they all turned brown
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:44 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Around my town and most places I've seen around here, the leaves that held on for dear life, well they all turned brown
Ours are brilliant yellow now. Very nice indeed. I think it's some of the younger, smaller, more flexible trees that held onto their leaves here, maybe beeches (?)....
Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

fakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond repute

I am helping out with Occupy Sandy- last Saturday drove a bunch of supplirs and volunteers into Staten Island & I have to say it was pretty shocking. Once we turned off Hylan Blvd towards the church that functions as the operation hub - was like going into a war zone, all the houses damaged, with FEMA condemned notices on them- lots of people wandering around looking like they were in shock frankly, massive piles of trash piled up everywhere, all covered in horrible sewage and crap.
If anybody is interested, occupy sandy can use anybody they can get, particularlyif you have certain skill sets, construction, medical, I.T, & drivers- there are thousands of volunteers, but its difficult to get them where they are needed.
Occupy Sandy can be found online obviously, twitter @ occupysandy
The main hub is the church at 520 Clinton in Flatbush