Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Permanent resident for work!

Permanent resident for work!

Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent resident for work!

Originally Posted by RichardDCFC
well thought out response there.
my religious beliefs are hard for myself to comprehend at times and so trying to relay them with my limited vocabulary I would find so very difficult.
one line in the bible catches my eye about the mark of the beast . And how we may not trade or sell without this mark.
I see this happening to our neighbors up north.
I'm fearful of this happening to us.
I'm not saying this is a biblical prophecy happening
but do I want to take those chances based on my beliefs?
I'm not denying the effectiveness of a covid 19 vaccine for people at all . I'm just worried that I wont have a choice to do the very basic things.
Maybe you should try looking more at the content of the Biblical gospels, for guidance on helping the weak, the sick, and the children, than at a book that is widely considered to have made it into the bible by mistake over the authorship, and which is difficult even for Biblical scholars to make much sense of.

That said there are groups of people in our communities who cannot get the vaccine for one reason or another (a real reason, not a "belief"), with obviously the largest group being children, but also people, often elderly and/or sick, who have compromised immune systems. I would suggest that it isn't a huge leap of interpretation to say that many of Jesus' Biblical teachings could be applied to it being the duty of the young and the healthy to get vaccinated so as to provide as much "herd immunity" as possible, to reduced the number of infections spreading in the community, so as to provide the greatest possible protection to those who cannot directly benefit from the vaccine. .... Conversely I don't recall the Bible saying much about individual "freedom".

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 10th 2022 at 7:39 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

RichardDCFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
.... then do it ....
so you can ridicule me there also?
I'll save those details for people who clearly can see past obvious things.
if anything I made the process much easier for any potential employer if I let them know this "outragous" claim I have first, as it will quicken the process of this is somthing they totally disagree on with me . So for your sake in particular no I will not share those details with you.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardDCFC
so you can ridicule me there also?
I'll save those details for people who clearly can see past obvious things.
if anything I made the process much easier for any potential employer if I let them know this "outragous" claim I have first, as it will quicken the process of this is somthing they totally disagree on with me . So for your sake in particular no I will not share those details with you.
..... yeah ...... thought so......
Old Mar 10th 2022, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I would suggest that it isn't a huge leap of interpretation to say that many of Jesus' Biblical teachings could be applied to it being the duty of the young and the healthy to get vaccinated so as to provide as much "herd immunity" as possible, to reduced the number of infections spreading in the community, so as to provide the greatest possible protection to those who cannot directly benefit from the vaccine.
I don't disagree, but with increasing immune escape there's some evidence that vaccines are no longer as effective at preventing transmission as they once were.

That is not to say that they "don't work" or "don't stop you getting it" as some of the less informed sections of the media would put it, but somewhat less effective is still better than zero efficacy.

Interestingly from a Christian perspective the most compelling reason to be vaccinated - at least in my mind - is that whether or not vaccines prevent transmission, they overwhelmingly reduce the likelihood of developing severe COVID and the corresponding risk of being hospitalized and requiring an ICU bed.

If one truly cares about the members of their community then it is profoundly selfish to willingly refuse to do something that will keep you out of hospital, where you will be using up valuable resources that other people who have not made that choice - car crash victims, stoke victims, heart attack victims - could benefit from.

When hospitals are slammed by people who have voluntarily chosen not to get vaccinated, it reduces the standard of care that is available to everyone including - as you do point out - people who are medically unable to get vaccinated in the first place.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanScot

If one truly cares about the members of their community then it is profoundly selfish to willingly refuse to do something that will keep you out of hospital, where you will be using up valuable resources that other people who have not made that choice - car crash victims, stoke victims, heart attack victims - could benefit from.

When hospitals are slammed by people who have voluntarily chosen not to get vaccinated, it reduces the standard of care that is available to everyone including - as you do point out - people who are medically unable to get vaccinated in the first place.
Exactly. That is what caring for others means.

Texas has been hit hard by unvaccinated covid patients for over a year now. It has effected the care of patients waiting for treatment and for needed surgeries.

But then again, as I mentioned Texas doesn't force you to be vaccinated for all employment. The OP could easily find a job of some description right now so I don't understand why he posted in the first place!
Old Mar 10th 2022, 8:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanScot
....When hospitals are slammed by people who have voluntarily chosen not to get vaccinated, it reduces the standard of care that is available to everyone including - as you do point out - people who are medically unable to get vaccinated in the first place.
A couple living near me both caught covid last summer, and got it bad. Neither were vaccinated. A mutual friend said that they had decided that "the vaccine wasn't for them". They got sick enough that they reported to the nearest hospital, and they were told in no uncertain terms to "go away, and not come back so long as they could still breathe."
Old Mar 11th 2022, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Well this thread went as anyone who's been here for more than 3 months would expect.
Old Mar 11th 2022, 1:52 pm
Furby

Glasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is not helpful to anyone. It belongs in the trailer park.

Old Mar 11th 2022, 1:54 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgow Girl
This post is not helpful to anyone. It should be moved to the trailer park.
Posts in the USA forum are not subject to as strict controls as the immigration forums.

Nice work on the useless post pointing out the useless thread, 18 hours after it was all over, though
Old Mar 11th 2022, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Late to the party! Many, many people in the US who were robbed of basic education, although OP is British. Damn our standards are slipping as well!
Old Mar 11th 2022, 3:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think this thread has run its course…thread closed.