Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Permanent resident for work!

Permanent resident for work!

Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent resident for work!

Originally Posted by RichardDCFC
I believe in God
I believe in education
I believe in freedom
I believe in helping where you can.
I believe in opportunity for all.

I'm sure no one disagrees with me on those points . So please I understand yall disagree on one point with me. Can we move past that?
Employers are not really interested in all the above when looking for workers.

Why don't you provide your skill levels/education/employment history . ......
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

RichardDCFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
delete
I'm in full agreement delete this thread
what a wild world.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:38 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in God
I believe in education
I believe in freedom

I'm sure no one disagrees with me on those points . So please I understand yall disagree on one point with me. Can we move past that?
I certainly do with the first one. I would outright ban the worship of false idols that have caused nothing but harm for the entirety of human history.

I return-to my initial comment. DO not look for welcome here, because the majority of us look at vaccine deniers with general bemusement and/or distain.

what are you stating here?
are you just saying I'm wrong?
If he isn't, I am. You're wrong.

Anyway, I literally had COVID last week. So I'm off to enjoy some of this 'natural immunity' that people like you tout.

Last edited by civilservant; Mar 10th 2022 at 6:48 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

By the way
I like tea (pj tips)
I love Mexican food and culture.
I'm a die hard Derby County fan - I hope I have a club left to support next season!
I love my wife children and my extended family.
I think we all deserve love in life.
and I like to smile to everyone who can see , even if i am wearing a mask to be polite.
I believe in God
I believe in education
I believe in freedom

So your original post was asking if someone could help you find employment. You then mentioned strict rules about vaccination status. I'm just wondering where in Texas you live because (sadly) even in some of the large medical facilities it is not mandatory for employees to be vaccinated. Not all of them, but some unfortunately still hire whatever your vaccination history.

And if you believe in helping where you can then get yourself vaccinated.. You will then be helping all the people you love and care for and many more that you come in contact with.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jolly Good

And if you believe in helping where you can then get yourself vaccinated.. You will then be helping all the people you love and care for and many more that you come in contact with.
Wow this needs to be saved for history.

you wont find an enemy in me.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

what are you stating here?
are you just saying I'm wrong?
I don't know. You didn't answer my previous question, about the foundations of your "religious" objections to a covid vaccine, which I find a little surprising as apparently your beliefs are strong enough for you to have lost your job over. So in that regard I can't be sure whether you're wrong, I'd only be guessing. .... Now whether you're wrong to dress up a political beef as a "religious belief" is a whole other question. If nothing else I'd say that you're being grossly disrespectful to people who hold genuine religious beliefs.

I find the world of politics in the US and beyond bizarre and perplexing as it is likely that you and I are relatively close to each other on the political spectrum, and I have been insulted and ridiculed by many people on BE over my political views. Given that BE is not a hotbed of fascist ideology, I am probably as far right as any BE member who hasn't actually been banned from the forum, and yet I have a huge problem with Americans who think that science has a political agenda, and that science is being used as a tool to suppress people. As you claim to "believe" in education I am surprised that you can't see this yourself.

As someone who "believes" in education I am also surprised that you don't seem to understand that the covid pandemic isn't all about "you". Like it or not, we all live with family, and neighbors in towns and cities, coming into contact with many people, and the more people who catch and carry a disease the more people who we risk passing the disease to. So your "freedom" to flout the science and reject a vaccine impacts everyone around you. Whether you like that is a moot point, but that is the reality. You either disagree with it, or know it but reject it for political reasons, but either way, I can't reconcile your objections to the covid vaccine with your self-professed "belief" in education. .... Or have you just been doing your own research?

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 10th 2022 at 7:08 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant

the majority of us look at vaccine deniers with general bemusement and/or distain.

If he isn't, I am. You're wrong

Not a vaccine denier also this isnt a regular vaccine either..........

you can claim someone is wrong . That's ok . You have an opinion just as I do . You are wrong to me but also who the **** knows, as with the first one about God - no one really knows.
I'm not an enemy.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in education
I'm out.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Employers are not really interested in all the above when looking for workers.

Why don't you provide your skill levels/education/employment history . ......

Ahem...... want job, provide details .......
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I don't know. You didn't answer my previous question, about the foundations of your "religious" objections to a covid vaccine, which I find a little surprising as apparently your beliefs are strong enough for you to have lost your job over. So in that regard I can't be sure whether you're wrong, I'd only be guessing. .... Now whether you're wrong to dress up a political beef as a "religious belief" is a whole other question.

I find the world of politics in the US and beyond bizarre and perplexing as it is likely that you and I are relatively close to each other on the political spectrum, and I have been insulted and ridiculed by many people on BE over my political views. I am probably as far right as any BE member who hasn't actually been banned, and yet I have a huge problem with Americans who think that science has a political agenda, and that science is being used as a tool to suppress people. As you claim to "believe" in education I am surprised that you can't see this yourself.

As someone who "believes" in education I am also surprised that you don't seem to understand that the covid pandemic isn't all about "you". Like it or not, we all live with family, and neighbors in towns and cities, coming into contact with many people, and the more people who catch and carry a disease the more people who we risk passing the disease to. So your "freedom" to flout the science and reject a vaccine impacts everyone around you. Whether you like that is a moot point, but that is the reality. You either disagree with it, or know it but reject it for political reasons, but either way, I can't reconcile your objections to the covid vaccine with your self-professed "belief" in education. .... Or have you just been doing your own research?
well thought out response there.
my religious beliefs are hard for myself to comprehend at times and so trying to relay them with my limited vocabulary I would find so very difficult.
one line in the bible catches my eye about the mark of the beast . And how we may not trade or sell without this mark.
I see this happening to our neighbors up north.
I'm fearful of this happening to us.
I'm not saying this is a biblical prophecy happening
but do I want to take those chances based on my beliefs?
I'm not denying the effectiveness of a covid 19 vaccine for people at all . I'm just worried that I wont have a choice to do the very basic things.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Ahem...... want job, provide details .......
I can do this
i would have done this
This didn't seem to be at the very forefront of peoples minds. My vaccination stance was.
I tried to start out being open and honest
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:13 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Not a vaccine denier also this isnt a regular vaccine either.........
*sigh* MRNA vaccines have been being worked on since the early 2000s. Just because it's new doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Everything was new once.

Do you ride a horse and cart? Still use a flip phone?
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can do this
i would have done this
This didn't seem to be at the very forefront of peoples minds. My vaccination stance was.
I tried to start out being open and honest
.... then do it ....
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:20 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in what I believe.
Absolutely. But what is it that you believe that brings us to an intersection of religion and this vaccine?
Old Mar 10th 2022, 7:23 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

well thought out response there.
my religious beliefs are hard for myself to comprehend at times and so trying to relay them with my limited vocabulary I would find so very difficult.
one line in the bible catches my eye about the mark of the beast . And how we may not trade or sell without this mark.
I see this happening to our neighbors up north.
I'm fearful of this happening to us.
I'm not saying this is a biblical prophecy happening
but do I want to take those chances based on my beliefs?
I'm not denying the effectiveness of a covid 19 vaccine for people at all . I'm just worried that I wont have a choice to do the very basic things.
Oh.
Never mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.