Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Permanent resident for work!

Permanent resident for work!

Old Mar 10th 2022, 2:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent resident for work!

Originally Posted by RichardDCFC
.... my beliefs to take a ... vaccine ...
I am intrigued. Of which religion, or church, and denomination are you an adherent? And which tenet, dogma, or scripture are you relying on to repudiate the covid vaccine?

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 10th 2022 at 2:21 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 2:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an anti vaccine person . I have had all my shots . My children have all there shots. This particular "vaccine"
is my issue . I have had covid twice and each time I was fine. Why in the hell should I risk my life and my beliefs to take a so called vaccine that may harm me?
You have now moved away from “religious freedom” to what appears to be a generalized liberty argument. You echo the argument made by on Pastor Jacobson against a mandatory vaccine requirement. A long time ago the US Supreme Court ruled on this in 1905 in Jacobson v Massachusetts. Take a look at the How Cited link at the top. The 1905 case is currently considered good law.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 2:41 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am intrigued. Of which religion, or church, and denomination are you an adherent? And which tenet, dogma, or scripture are you relying on to repudiate the covid vaccine?
Darwinism?
Old Mar 10th 2022, 2:44 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Surely that would be 'reverse-Darwinism'?

Survival of the most idiotic
Old Mar 10th 2022, 4:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an anti vaccine person . I have had all my shots . My children have all there shots. This particular "vaccine"
is my issue . I have had covid twice and each time I was fine. Why in the hell should I risk my life and my beliefs to take a so called vaccine that may harm me?

A quote from Frank Bruni of the New York Times in his newsletter today:

It’s astonishing how far people can travel from the truth. Then again, it’s not. We have watched it happen here in the United States, among many of our fellow Americans, in regard not to Russia and Ukraine but to the 2020 election, to the safety and efficacy of vaccines, to so much else.

Instead of benefiting fully from a free flow of ideas and data and genuine insights, too many of us volitionally make do with an unrepresentative trickle. If the result isn’t an alternate reality nearly as comical and tragical as Russia’s right now, it’s a distortion nonetheless, and a dangerous one to boot. We are only as good as the information we seek.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

RichardDCFC is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know why I have to disclose any reason as to why I am opposed to this particular shot.
1. It's new vaccine tech, not an inoculation.
2. I just personally dont believe in mandates in this particular case. I accepted fully and respected my employers choice, I do not belittle anyone's stance on the matter, nor do I challenge there beliefs, I treat them with the respect and decency that any other human being deserves.
Any of you questioning my religious beliefs you make no sense. My beliefs are my beliefs, I do not have to place my self in to any one category like Christian, Muslim or Jewish.
I believe in what I believe.

Last edited by RichardDCFC; Mar 10th 2022 at 5:48 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to disclose any reason as to why you are opposed to this particular shot.
You also did not have to state "I'm currently out of work due to strict vaccination policies and mandates" - a statement bound to get people asking questions as to what that meant.
I doubt whether you are really looking for a job (would you put above statement in any job application you submit ?) - more likely just to get a controversial discussion going......
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I doubt whether you are really looking for a job (would you put above statement in any job application you submit ?) - more likely just to get a controversial discussion going......
The world has changed over the past 10 years drastically, I honestly should have expected should a sharp and utter brash response from anyone in the current climate.
I genuinely am looking for work, I believe in hard work and honest work.
I'm willing and able and that's my main motion for being here.
Everyone is so quick to comment and have an opinion and I think having those opinions are great, but yall immediately made me a "stupid" "idiotic" "moron" an never even made room in your minds for another person's point of view which wasnt even the main topic of my thread.

The thirstyness of the feeling of self righteousness you all have is disturbing and distasteful.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
A quote from Frank Bruni of the New York Times in his newsletter today:

It’s astonishing how far people can travel from the truth. Then again, it’s not. We have watched it happen here in the United States, among many of our fellow Americans, in regard not to Russia and Ukraine but to the 2020 election, to the safety and efficacy of vaccines, to so much else.

Instead of benefiting fully from a free flow of ideas and data and genuine insights, too many of us volitionally make do with an unrepresentative trickle. If the result isn’t an alternate reality nearly as comical and tragical as Russia’s right now, it’s a distortion nonetheless, and a dangerous one to boot. We are only as good as the information we seek.
I am confounded by the extent to which a significant minority of people in the US are willing to contort their perception of reality to fit with their politics. Obviously there is a huge range of political views in the US population, and the views of most people reflect their life experiences and interactions with the world around them. So while I disagree with the politics of some, at least I can understand what might have happened during their life to get them to where they are politically. But some people must have been doing bizarre mental gymnastics to come up with the conspiracy theory fantasies that support their politics today.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
But some people must have been doing bizarre mental gymnastics to come up with the conspiracy theory fantasies that support their politics today.
what are you stating here?
are you just saying I'm wrong?
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

I just personally dont believe in mandates in this particular case. I accepted fully and respected my employers choice, I do not belittle anyone's stance on the matter, nor do I challenge there beliefs, I treat them with the respect and decency that any other human being deserves.
You are of course, entitled to hold whatever beliefs you like.

I would however point out that there's a difference between accepting someone's beliefs, and respecting those same beliefs.

There are many, many beliefs that people would find it very difficult indeed to respect.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

what are you stating here?
are you just saying I'm wrong?
I mean yes, the overwhelming and compelling scientific evidence would stand to suggest that you are indeed wrong when it comes to your opposition to COVID-19 vaccines.

You can certainly disagree with the great many extremely learned people who know far more about vaccines and infectious diseases than you or I ever will...
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

By the way
I like tea (pj tips)
I love Mexican food and culture.
I'm a die hard Derby County fan - I hope I have a club left to support next season!
I love my wife children and my extended family.
I think we all deserve love in life.
and I like to smile to everyone who can see , even if i am wearing a mask to be polite.
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

I believe in God
I believe in education
I believe in freedom
I believe in helping where you can.
I believe in opportunity for all.

I'm sure no one disagrees with me on those points . So please I understand yall disagree on one point with me. Can we move past that?
Old Mar 10th 2022, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

delete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.