Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Observations....

Observations....

Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:36 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Observations....

Originally Posted by gardnma
Thats a fact, Jack. It helps to regain the balance.

Stops us from toppling over the edge!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blaze
Stops us from toppling over the edge!
Its a scary place to be, allright.
Much rather be semi-connected, or is that semidetached?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:55 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Liz - you must have missed the bit where he said he'll never come back!!
No, I haven't. I saw that part, I'm just hoping he'll change his mind & not punish us all for what some twunt said!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Partystar
No, I haven't. I saw that part, I'm just hoping he'll change his mind & not punish us all for what some twunt said!
Would anyone really blame the guy for not posting anymore as he has returned home? Irregardless of the reason.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 6:53 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Would anyone really blame the guy for not posting anymore as he has returned home? Irregardless of the reason.
Nope, not at all, I'm just being selfish!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Partystar
I never understand what pleasure people get from being utterly foul. Maybe their Mums didn't give them enough love
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally
I never understand what pleasure people get from being utterly foul. Maybe their Mums didn't give them enough love
They get attention that way?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:30 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sally
This is one of the downsides of the internet, anyone can say anything about any subject and can make all kinds of things up to make them sound tough and big. There are a lot of strange people out there and unfortunatley they are allowed internet access.

I know a friend of mine who did not have time to go get out much after her divorce so she joined an online dating service. She had some terrible experiences of people who were nothing like the people she had been corresponding with on the email.

The internet has some great pluses, but it is also a place that strange/rude/hateful........... the list goes on, people can hide.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:32 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
A most interesting thread.....one that the Merseyside Police Force may find interesting anyway if it is sent their way.

Jim.
Somehow I doubt it is true, bet the closest the poster has come to anything like that is watching crimestoppers on the BBC!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pickles
This is one of the downsides of the internet, anyone can say anything about any subject and can make all kinds of things up to make them sound tough and big. There are a lot of strange people out there and unfortunatley they are allowed internet access.

I know a friend of mine who did not have time to go get out much after her divorce so she joined an online dating service. She had some terrible experiences of people who were nothing like the people she had been corresponding with on the email.

The internet has some great pluses, but it is also a place that strange/rude/hateful........... the list goes on, people can hide.
In my defence, I was 170lbs and less hairy when I posted the profile.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Liz - you must have missed the bit where he said he'll never come back!!
but he did say that before though...so who knows...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Cold weather is actually quite pleasant.

People smile and say hello and mean it.

Friends we havent seen for two years hugged us and cried.

The roads are small but the drivers wave and let you in and say thank you all the time.

The front doors of the homes I walk past are not 200 feet away...neighbours great each other with a smile and a wave as they head off to work, or shopping or just to chat over the fence.

There are kids playing in the street....and they arent chavs.

The kids in the shops hold doors open for us and are friendly and happy to have a joke with.

Everything is half price almost....a trolley full of shopping at Tescos was £70.
Tank FULL of petrol in my 1 year old car which cost only 8 grand...42 quid and I can drive 400 miles on it. We went out for lunch today to the pub...and had generous and tasty home cooked meals with pints of real, hand pulled ale...pulled by a barman who joked with us and not because he wanted a tip but because he wanted to be friendly. We ate the the meals and drank our drinks sitting in leather armchairs by a cosy fire. They cost £15 for the two of us. Around us others ate and drank and laughed too.

There are crowds of people in the shops but everyone is pretty much polite....shop assistants are genuine and will help you even if you arent spending huge amounts of money.

My work colleagues are genuine and friendly...we went for a drink after work and laughed at small jokes....the pub was packed with friends out having fun.

People talk to people, and care about each other.

My daughter met friends she hasnt seen in two years....and they have been inseperable...she is so happy.

Great Britain beat Australia at Rugby again.

There are Union Flags and St George Crosses flying from cars and shops and homes and even the council lorries.

The papers tell me the country is going to the dogs yet everyone seems happy.

We are home.
Home is where the heart is love. All the best to you and your family. Please keep in touch.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

True.

But he IsThere now...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pickles
Somehow I doubt it is true, bet the closest the poster has come to anything like that is watching crimestoppers on the BBC!
Yes, having thought some more, anyone seen assaulting a Cop on Mathew Street would be on the recieving end of a right old ass-kicking by everyone in the area, which would have been very busy even at that time..

There's certain things that good, honest, hard working Scousers (Don't Laugh........I'm one of them) will not stand for.

Glad he was exposed, and even more so that he was removed from our Ranks. Now.....let's get AWP back in with us!

Tatty Bye!

Jim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.