Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Observations....

Observations....

Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:06 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Observations....

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Cold weather is actually quite pleasant.

People smile and say hello and mean it.

Friends we havent seen for two years hugged us and cried.

The roads are small but the drivers wave and let you in and say thank you all the time.

The front doors of the homes I walk past are not 200 feet away...neighbours great each other with a smile and a wave as they head off to work, or shopping or just to chat over the fence.

There are kids playing in the street....and they arent chavs.

The kids in the shops hold doors open for us and are friendly and happy to have a joke with.

Everything is half price almost....a trolley full of shopping at Tescos was £70.
Tank FULL of petrol in my 1 year old car which cost only 8 grand...42 quid and I can drive 400 miles on it. We went out for lunch today to the pub...and had generous and tasty home cooked meals with pints of real, hand pulled ale...pulled by a barman who joked with us and not because he wanted a tip but because he wanted to be friendly. We ate the the meals and drank our drinks sitting in leather armchairs by a cosy fire. They cost £15 for the two of us. Around us others ate and drank and laughed too.

There are crowds of people in the shops but everyone is pretty much polite....shop assistants are genuine and will help you even if you arent spending huge amounts of money.

My work colleagues are genuine and friendly...we went for a drink after work and laughed at small jokes....the pub was packed with friends out having fun.

People talk to people, and care about each other.

My daughter met friends she hasnt seen in two years....and they have been inseperable...she is so happy.

Great Britain beat Australia at Rugby again.

There are Union Flags and St George Crosses flying from cars and shops and homes and even the council lorries.

The papers tell me the country is going to the dogs yet everyone seems happy.

We are home.

Nothing makes you appreciate home more than living abroad for a while..

It's great to hear that you are getting on so well..
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:29 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

That explains Scottish people's pleasant disposition and generally happy outlook on life

That's because you are in a cop uniform......... they're actually just scared

Probably because you came back

The roads are small but the drivers wave and let you in and say thank you all the time.
That's because you are driving a cop car at 140 MPH

The front doors of the homes I walk past are not 200 feet away...neighbours great each other with a smile and a wave as they head off to work, or shopping or just to chat over the fence.
That's bacuase they're all still drunk or on drugs from the previous night or chatting as they are on benefits

Playing in the street because no-one in the UK can afford to drive a car

The kids in the shops hold doors open for us and are friendly and happy to have a joke with.
Probably been glue sniffing

Everything is half price almost....a trolley full of shopping at Tescos was £70.
Tank FULL of petrol in my 1 year old car which cost only 8 grand...42 quid and I can drive 400 miles on it. We went out for lunch today to the pub...and had generous and tasty home cooked meals with pints of real, hand pulled ale...pulled by a barman who joked with us and not because he wanted a tip but because he wanted to be friendly. We ate the the meals and drank our drinks sitting in leather armchairs by a cosy fire. They cost £15 for the two of us. Around us others ate and drank and laughed too.
Driving to get Fish & chips in a Mini Metro isn't everyone's cup of tea

There are crowds of people in the shops but everyone is pretty much polite....shop assistants are genuine and will help you even if you arent spending huge amounts of money.
They still talk shit about you when you leave, trust me

My work colleagues are genuine and friendly...we went for a drink after work and laughed at small jokes....the pub was packed with friends out having fun.
Stop exposing yourselves in the pub

Especially when it's their round

My daughter met friends she hasnt seen in two years....and they have been inseperable...she is so happy.

Wait until Euro 2008, we'll soon make up for that fluke

There are Union Flags and St George Crosses flying from cars and shops and homes and even the council lorries.
BNP meetings can be quite an experince

We are home. [/QUOTE]
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:34 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
he has now been banned
Oh bugger. Can't I play with it first
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:35 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Oh bugger. Can't I play with it first

"It" wasn't worth it
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:38 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart

Wait until Euro 2008, we'll soon make up for that fluke

How? Has Austalia moved?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:43 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Elvira
"It" wasn't worth it
I suppose playing with a retarded scouser only gives so much pleasure.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:58 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

How? Has Austalia moved?
If you want to take it that literally yes, all continents have moved over time since the last ice age
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:04 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by lionheart
If you want to take it that literally yes, all continents have moved over time since the last ice age
Bloody hell how fast is it going it's only got 18 months ish to the finals. Will it be a danger to shipping? Where will it be whilst qualifying? So many questions will need to be answered.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:10 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose playing with a retarded scouser only gives so much pleasure.
To be precise: only 0.0000000001 µPQ* compared to playing with a sophisticated Londoner

(* Pleasure Quotient)
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:17 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Elvira
To be precise: only 0.0000000001 µPQ* compared to playing with a sophisticated Londoner

(* Pleasure Quotient)
Do you know any?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:18 am
Homebody

Do you know any?

Now then, Sweetheart...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 12:18 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

.......I shall make this my last ever post here . Good luck and have a good life to everyone on here.

Same here, I really hope that you don't mean that. BE tends to be for a lot of people a way to feel like you're home when you really aren't. Seeing as you don't fall into that category anymore I can see why this may not be the place for you to spend your free time anymore. However, more AWP's and less Terriers that's what I say, Best Wishes to you and your family.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:29 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

We are home.
What a lovely post, thank you AWP! I love England, so many wonderful people; things to do; places to see & I can't wait to move back. I'm so glad that everything is going so well for you & your family. I certainly hope to see you posting here again soon, I's sure you probably have better things to do with your time now, but give us a minute every now & again of your wonderful company. Take care Popsickle
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blaze
BE tends to be for a lot of people a way to feel like you're home when you really aren't.
Thats a fact, Jack. It helps to regain the balance.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:32 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Partystar
What a lovely post, thank you AWP! I love England, so many wonderful people; things to do; places to see & I can't wait to move back. I'm so glad that everything is going so well for you & your family. I certainly hope to see you posting here again soon, I's sure you probably have better things to do with your time now, but give us a minute every now & again of your wonderful company. Take care Popsickle

Liz - you must have missed the bit where he said he'll never come back!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.