Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Observations....

Observations....

Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Observations....

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
when you're banned is it for good or just 2 weeks and has anybody come back to the forum after being banned and posted? Just wondering.
can be for a day through to permanent, depends on what they've done etc.

People have come back to troll again, Mick J, Balushi being the most notorious...
Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:21 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
can be for a day through to permanent, depends on what they've done etc.

People have come back to troll again, Mick J, Balushi being the most notorious...
Here, can we have a poll to ban a poster every week? It could include mods too! BTW, can a mod be banned?

Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:26 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Here, can we have a poll to ban a poster every week? It could include mods too! BTW, can a mod be banned?

What about those who are too daft for words:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406300

Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:31 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Elvira

Yes, well.

Sorry, I really don't know how to comment on that.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:38 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Yes, well.

Sorry, I really don't know how to comment on that.
I'll let you
I don't actually understand most of it
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I got banned from a forum this weekend after 6 post ... it was for a week ..they re-considered and it now for ever ...
No sense of humour some people
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya big lard head

good old Brum
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I got banned from a forum this weekend after 6 post ... it was for a week ..they re-considered and it now for ever ...
Was it the WI forum?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Cold weather is actually quite pleasant.

People smile and say hello and mean it.

Friends we havent seen for two years hugged us and cried.

The roads are small but the drivers wave and let you in and say thank you all the time.

The front doors of the homes I walk past are not 200 feet away...neighbours great each other with a smile and a wave as they head off to work, or shopping or just to chat over the fence.

There are kids playing in the street....and they arent chavs.

The kids in the shops hold doors open for us and are friendly and happy to have a joke with.

Everything is half price almost....a trolley full of shopping at Tescos was £70.
Tank FULL of petrol in my 1 year old car which cost only 8 grand...42 quid and I can drive 400 miles on it. We went out for lunch today to the pub...and had generous and tasty home cooked meals with pints of real, hand pulled ale...pulled by a barman who joked with us and not because he wanted a tip but because he wanted to be friendly. We ate the the meals and drank our drinks sitting in leather armchairs by a cosy fire. They cost £15 for the two of us. Around us others ate and drank and laughed too.

There are crowds of people in the shops but everyone is pretty much polite....shop assistants are genuine and will help you even if you arent spending huge amounts of money.

My work colleagues are genuine and friendly...we went for a drink after work and laughed at small jokes....the pub was packed with friends out having fun.

People talk to people, and care about each other.

My daughter met friends she hasnt seen in two years....and they have been inseperable...she is so happy.

Great Britain beat Australia at Rugby again.

There are Union Flags and St George Crosses flying from cars and shops and homes and even the council lorries.

The papers tell me the country is going to the dogs yet everyone seems happy.

We are home.
It's good to see you have settled back in ok. I love it when we go home for two or three weeks and I agree people are friendlier than here.
Good luck for the future.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Never mind you've always got us.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Was it the WI forum?
Cheeky cow ... The Mod who banned me is a member on this site ..I will be hunting her down ...Fortunately I did not use my real name on that one ..
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:35 am
Account Closed

And what about nice classy people?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406346
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

LOL well I have to ask for a knife and fork, and the look of I get on there face's.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:13 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you dispensing free advice in the barbie?
If you got time for every fight I've had in a pub I'd have done a lot of time, shit happens in bars and pubs all the time, mix young kids with alcohol and things go off sometimes. I'd say I was not responsible for 90% of the fights I've been in in bars. You've got to your mid 40's without ever getting into a fight or arguement in a pub?!?!?!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Why are you dispensing free advice in the barbie?
If you got time for every fight I've had in a pub I'd have done a lot of time, shit happens in bars and pubs all the time, mix young kids with alcohol and things go off sometimes. I'd say I was not responsible for 90% of the fights I've been in in bars. You've got to your mid 40's without ever getting into a fight or arguement in a pub?!?!?!
At ours it was always a weekend event, oh how I miss them days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.