Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Old Apr 9th 2006, 4:41 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
A merry half hour on the doorstep with the president and his crony demanding I take down the UK flag immediately or else!

A few of our non-American neighbours have got wind of this and now they are getting and flying a Pueto Rican flag, an Irish flag, another Union Flag and an Italian flag.
Or they take away your birthday presumably?

Last edited by gruffbrown; Apr 9th 2006 at 4:44 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 4:59 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the local copper would have to say about it? Might be interesting to see. Just out of interest - are they all old retired Jewish snowbirds like on Seinfeld?
Old Apr 9th 2006, 5:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I wonder what the local copper would have to say about it? Might be interesting to see. Just out of interest - are they all old retired Jewish snowbirds like on Seinfeld?
Nah, he's probably in their pocket.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 5:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

A few of our non-American neighbours have got wind of this and now they are getting and flying a Pueto Rican flag, an Irish flag, another Union Flag and an Italian flag.
Oooooooh.....

Puerto Rico is a US territory.... they *really* have no right to ask that that one be taken down.

Do you have a flag of the Mariana Islands handy?
Old Apr 9th 2006, 7:18 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

You go pyjamas!!!

Where do you want me to send the funds to aid you in your battle!????
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Voice of a bigotted community....

We sent this email to all current members of the HOA following the weekends antics:

"Further to your visit to us, yesterday, we want to inform you of some things.

1) Within the CRS Report for Congress pertaining to the United States Flag: Federal Law, states (CRS-5 (g)) 'When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in times of peace'.

2) Within your declaration of covenants P4, 1.13.12 you state 'other non-offensive state or national flags when flown should be flown beneath the US flag'.

As you can see this is clearly against the Federal Law and International Law.

With this in mind, we intend to fly our flag of the union of England, Scotland and Ireland and the English flag (the cross of St George).

We did fly the USA flag, but was told by the HOA that we were breaking the covenants by not lighting it up at night (there is a street light directly opposite, on every night, and we have a solar light underneath it anyway). There are many USA flags being flown on this development by americans, without being lit at night, or removed. I don't see anyone putting up lights or taking the flags down at night.

We feel that these problems might be because we are English. We feel this would consitute racial harrassment. If there are any further unnecessary visits from the HOA we will seek an attorney.

Yours

***********"

And so far we have had this reply from one member of the HOA:

"Why are you sending your complaint to me? If you would check your facts before sending your threatening email, you would see that my only duty on the MOHOA is the editor of the newsletter. If you have complaints, address them to the proper person, the President of the MOHOA, *****. Please, lets not pull the "racial harrassment" trick. Frankly, no one cares what nationality you are as you can see by all we let or allow to remain in our country. . "
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:23 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

We sent this email to all current members of the HOA following the weekends antics:

1) Within the CRS Report for Congress pertaining to the United States Flag: Federal Law, states (CRS-5 (g)) 'When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in times of peace'.

2) Within your declaration of covenants P4, 1.13.12 you state 'other non-offensive state or national flags when flown should be flown beneath the US flag'.

With this in mind, we intend to fly our flag of the union of England, Scotland and Ireland and the English flag (the cross of St George).

We did fly the USA flag, but was told by the HOA that we were breaking the covenants by not lighting it up at night (there is a street light directly opposite, on every night, and we have a solar light underneath it anyway). There are many USA flags being flown on this development by americans, without being lit at night, or removed. I don't see anyone putting up lights or taking the flags down at night.

We feel that these problems might be because we are English. We feel this would consitute racial harrassment. If there are any further unnecessary visits from the HOA we will seek an attorney.

Yours

***********"

"Why are you sending your complaint to me? If you would check your facts before sending your threatening email, you would see that my only duty on the MOHOA is the editor of the newsletter. If you have complaints, address them to the proper person, the President of the MOHOA, *****. Please, lets not pull the "racial harrassment" trick. Frankly, no one cares what nationality you are as you can see by all we let or allow to remain in our country. . "
what a nobhead. It IS very kind of them to let you in though.

Threatening? I think it was very eloquent and reasonable. He (?), however, is probably hiding under his desk! what a coward! He should have just told you the correct place to send it, and that should be it. Guilty conscience perhaps?

p.s. hiya
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:23 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Yours

***********"

At what stage do you intend to inform the local press - could be good for a few laughs
Just be careful though - this person sounds like they might be one of the special super-friends
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:24 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Upstart, troublemaking, bloody Immigrant, piss off back to your own country and get your teeth fixed while your at it......
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think race was the best word ....
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The guy works for USCIS?

Blech.

Heck, we even provided free transportation for Africans and their descendants aren't exactly greeted with respect.
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas, the President of the MOHOA, *****. Please, lets not pull the "racial harrassment" trick. Frankly, no one cares what nationality you are as you can see [B
by all we let or allow to remain in our country. . [/B] "[/I]
what a load of a**holes.....keep that gun loaded
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:28 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by TruBrit
what a load of a**holes.....keep that gun loaded
If I was Simon Cowell I would definitely bollock this guy off "American Idle."
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yours

***********"

Good for you AWP, can't wait to see the next response.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

The press would be all over this story.

Especially if you told them that you're going to start a campaign back home in the UK to stop the Brit tourism to Florida, as they're not welcome here.

I'd do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.