Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Old Mar 17th 2006, 2:32 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Originally Posted by snowbunny
So long they were exactly the same height.

Personally I'd prefer two Brits or two Irishmen. Just imagine the whinging they'd do about having to hold the US flag all day.
But if the Czechs fell over after holding a flag all day, at least they'd bounce.....ba boom, I'll get my coat
Old Mar 17th 2006, 2:36 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, has any one got a Stars and Stripes that's been flown over the Alamo? Can you still get them?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 2:56 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
The flag saga continues....

Following on from the shennanigans the other day I had another visit from the local Gestapo officers this time complaining that:

"The flag isnt lit up at night with a light on the top of the pole as in State Regulations blah blah blah. We demand you put a light up if you're going to fly it at night."

Well dear Arseholes Association...go F**K yourselves. I was flying the Stars and Stripes out of respect but now its gone. All that remains is a 6 foot Union Flag and a St George Cross (no not a fracking Swiss Flag you assholes). I've checked the national and state Flag Regulations (and they are only regulations not laws) and as a private citizen theres no requirement for me to fly the stars and stripes. So thats it. I shall now proudly fly my national flag and bollox to you all.

....Let battle commence.
aww stop whinging you pussy of course there's going to be rules... do it properly or not at all, they are probably glad you've taken it down...Jonny foreigner flying their flag ..whatever next!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

One thing I did discover last night (not directly related to the flag issue) is this is the same HOA that made an emergency ammendment to the covenants last year to prevent anyone here taking in Katrina refugees as they would lower the tone of the place. So that shows the kind of people I'm dealing with.

Actualy CA theres rules then theres arseholes with nothing better to do than make everyone else conform to what they want regardless of how petty it is.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I did discover last night (not directly related to the flag issue) is this is the same HOA that made an emergency ammendment to the covenants last year to prevent anyone here taking in Katrina refugees as they would lower the tone of the place. So that shows the kind of people I'm dealing with.
bloomin' heck...that's a bit rude....anyone shout to the media to say how uncaring the buggers are?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:52 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Is that even remotely legal - even in the US I doubt it
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:00 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

HOA that made an emergency ammendment to the covenants last year to prevent anyone here taking in Katrina refugees as they would lower the tone of the place.

Bet they were right pissed off when you arrived
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thydney
Bet they were right pissed off when you arrived
Im trying my best to lower it.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Is that even remotely legal - even in the US I doubt it
Well apparently so. Kind of. Although by gratuitous digging I found out that at the same time they were banning residents from taking Katrina refugees the HOA president took in his sister in law and family who were misplaced from - you guessed it - NO by Katrina....of course the presidents sister in law and family are white, but I'm making no suggestions here of course.

Also seems there has been a little issue of where certain funds are going...seems some accounting errors are turning up. Amazing what you can find when you dig hard enough.

All fuel for the impending war.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:17 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Well apparently so. Kind of. Although by gratuitous digging I found out that at the same time they were banning residents from taking Katrina refugees the HOA president took in his sister in law and family who were misplaced from - you guessed it - NO by Katrina....of course the presidents sister in law and family are white, but I'm making no suggestions here of course.

Also seems there has been a little issue of where certain funds are going...seems some accounting errors are turning up. Amazing what you can find when you dig hard enough.

All fuel for the impending war.
Screw the impending war - take a dump on the president's lawn and be done with it
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Screw the impending war - take a dump on the president's lawn and be done with it

Or...........he could................. ??????
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:28 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

We went through this and found that because our HOA levied dues against our properties, they had to hold open meetings, open their books, etc, according to state law. They failed to do so so they got their ass sued and now, while they still are holier-than-thou, they are no longer nearly as corrupt as in times past.

I happen to know a bit about HOA in Florida -- there is a section of the "Sunshine Code" that deals with this.

It is illegal discrimination to disallow residents on private property unless you live in an "over 55" community and there are very stringent guidelines as to what constitutes an "over 55" community. The only possible way to have disallowed Katrina refugees would have been if the number of people in a house exceeded safe headcount for a dwelling of that size.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Or...........he could................. ??????
That was the cue for shooting him in the face!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:39 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
That was the cue for shooting him in the face!
Ok, let's lay down a few ground rules here....

Ground rule #1: Never, ever, under any circumstances tell someone who owns a large arsenal of weapons to shoot someone in the face
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:52 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Now they've really P*ss*d me off

The flag saga continues....

We demand you put a light up if you're going to fly it at night."

....Let battle commence.
Hmmmmm! Now did they say what kind of light?

You can get very creative with a light!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.