Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Wikiposts

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:26 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Originally Posted by Elvira
Can't we all just get along?

Apparently not. I just want to fly my flag and they have got a strop on about it.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:27 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
They specifically said "all we let or allow to remain in our country."

Very magnanimous of them I thought.

Blacks? Yes they do. However this is the neighborhood that made national news for forbidding residents from taking in Katrina refugees.
Maybe they meant the Confederate States of America?

Have they actually had the balls to say WHY they find your flag flying sooooo offensive? I mean it says an offensive flag, does it clash with the flower beds or something?

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Blacks? Yes they do. However this is the neighborhood that made national news for forbidding residents from taking in Katrina refugees.
Forbid? FFS how do they enforce that?
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
And you live there why?
Well we didnt know at the time. We only moved to this 'hood in December and subquently found this out. Had I of known beforehand then I wouldnt have taken residence here.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Maybe they meant the Confederate States of America?

Have they actually had the balls to say WHY they find your flag flying sooooo offensive? I mean it says an offensive flag, does it clash with the flower beds or something?
Perhaps they prefer a nice paisley or burberry pattern. No ones actually come up with a good reason beyond "We demand you take your flag down or else."
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:28 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Barbed wire and 12-guages presumably
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:29 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

They wouldn't give them resident cards to swim at the pool?

My brother and sister-in-law lived with me for 2.5 years but didn't own the house. The HOA made it seem as if we were all freeloaders for getting swim cards for them.
Account Closed

Um fines presumably. They can try to fine me if they like.
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well we didnt know at the time. We only moved to this 'hood in December and subquently found this out. Had I of known beforehand then I wouldnt have taken residence here.

That sucks!

I guess now you'll have to decide whether to fight them or give them the finger and bu99er off to somewhere more.... liberal
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Birds of a feather..........

have more chance of catching bird flu - FACT
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

What part of the country are you in ???
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:30 am
Lapine Member

Um fines presumably. They can try to fine me if they like.
In Texas they have the power to foreclose on your property for unpaid dues or fines.... and sue you. Which is why every time one of them gets too uppity the Legislature threatens to regulate them.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:31 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Eastern Portugese?
Anything other than Southern French, or Northern Morroccan.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Heres a similar case from Palm Beach (where we used to live). This time over a US flag. The guy has nearly lost his house over it so far. Welcome to Florida.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...5/151111.shtml

Bring it on I say. Trouble with these people is they are bullys...bow down to something like this and next week its "Oh we dont like the color of your car..change it or else."
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lolly
What part of the country are you in ???
Florida. Land of....um, something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.