Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Newcastle to Portland

Wikiposts

Newcastle to Portland

Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

MattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to all
Default Re: Newcastle to Portland

First off - welcome in advance to Portland.

The Alameda brew pub at 4675 NE Fremont has great food.
Gustav's at 50th and NE Sandy has a limited menu but is very good.
Il Piato at 2348 SE Ankeny has excellent Italian fare.

Lots of higher end places downtown and in the Pearl District (check out -http://portland.citysearch.com/find/section/portland/restaurants.html).

For something completely different you could try the Mount Hood Railroad (www.mounthoodrailroad.com). This is a two-hour out-and-back scenic train ride where they serve brunch (or dinner on the evening train). It leaves out of Hood River, a town 60-miles east of Portland so requires a car to get to it. Well worth it though as the food is excellent and the views of Mount Hood are stunning. Treated my folks to a Sunday brunch trip the last time they came to visit and they were not dissapointed.

Have a great trip!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Bad url

try this one

http://www.mthoodrr.com/dinner.html
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

MattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to allMattOR is a name known to all

Ooops... Thanks.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RubyTD
Hello People
I am to visit my daughter in Portland first two weeks in September. I haven't seen her for three years so I want to make the most of our time. Where can I take her for a suprise night out? I would like to book it myself and keep it a secret, so obviously can't ask her. I don't think she gets to go into the city very often, which I know she will miss being a city girl at home. Somewhere to recommend anyone? Thank you.
ps this is my very first chat room forum thingy ever so apologies if I stray from agreed etiquette. Cheers.
Hi Ruby - and welcome to BE.

I've been here - Caprial's Bistro - in Sellwood (not downtown though).
They have a cooking show on TV. Check out their menu online -

http://www.caprialandjohnskitchen.com/bistro/index.html

Depending which side or town your daughter lives may make a difference. What suburb?
Also McMenamins' Black Rabbit at Edgewater is enjoyable - a bit of a drive to the east. An interesting spot!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:39 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

There's a great Moroccan restaurant in downtown Portland called Marakesh. Very trendy and fun. This is located pretty nearby an old refurbished movie house that shows great classic films. There is a ton of stuff to do downtown whether it's day or night. Just park and walk around.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:43 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
There's a great Moroccan restaurant in downtown Portland called Marakesh. Very trendy and fun. This is located pretty nearby an old refurbished movie house that shows great classic films. There is a ton of stuff to do downtown whether it's day or night. Just park and walk around.
NW 21st Ave actually.
Yum. One of my favorite fancy-night-out eats.

hiya Leslie! Long time no see
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

RubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud of

well thank you all for the replies, bear with me while I get to grips with this. I am busy reading the replies
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

RubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud of

three people on this one reply, do you all get this message?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

my god. does this mean you also from the fabulous newcastle?????
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

three people on this one reply, do you all get this message?
Ruby if you use the 'Quote' tab located at the bottom right of the post you are replying to we can see who you are referring to.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ruby if you use the 'Quote' tab located at the bottom right of the post you are replying to we can see who you are referring to.
is this it???
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

is this it???
Well done!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

well thank you all for the replies, bear with me while I get to grips with this. I am busy reading the replies
thank you jerseygirl
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

thank you jerseygirl
Just shout out if there is anything you want to know about the site....or the people.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well done!!!!
clever me, thank you jersey girl an to matt and to lesleie and the farmers wife and to maeuxna. the options for replying are a bit confusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.