Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Newcastle to Portland

Wikiposts

Newcastle to Portland

Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

RubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud of
Default Newcastle to Portland

Hello People
I am to visit my daughter in Portland first two weeks in September. I haven't seen her for three years so I want to make the most of our time. Where can I take her for a suprise night out? I would like to book it myself and keep it a secret, so obviously can't ask her. I don't think she gets to go into the city very often, which I know she will miss being a city girl at home. Somewhere to recommend anyone? Thank you.
ps this is my very first chat room forum thingy ever so apologies if I stray from agreed etiquette. Cheers.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

AloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Newcastle to Portland

Hello, Welcome to BE.

Is this Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

RubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud ofRubyTD has much to be proud of

Thank you. Portland Oregon. Apologies, it never occurred to me to note the difference. I am going to have to learn very fast on this thing.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:45 am
Just Joined

AloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of lightAloneinOregon is a glorious beacon of light

What kind of things does your daughter like?

I mean there are various venues in Portland, (I'm a Brit living near Portland).

Some examples:

Kel's Irish Pub/Restaurant - Irish Music, Good Food, Beer, very lively.
Rock Bottom - Microbrewery with Music/Food/Live Music on weekend's
Jake's Steak House - More up market restaurant, Probably the best steak's in Portland but just a restaurant.

Plenty of Clubs, Comedy Clubs, Music venues........What are you looking for? :
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Somewhere she can get dressed up to go. She is working as a waitress very hard (lots of shifts etc) and I just want to treat her. We don't need it to be too fine or fancy, but nice food and good service and in the city would be just the job. Thank you for anwering.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Any Preference on the kind of food? There is so much choice
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:59 am
Just Joined

I have to leave work shortly, So i will respond to you tomorrow with my recommendation :-)

Cheers,
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

locally sourced would be nice
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

thank you.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

What a nice Mum
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

hello sally, thank you.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RubyTD
hello sally, thank you.
Hello, sorry I can't help you with a venue but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your daughter.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

hope so, haven't seen her for three years and that was a fleeting visit. Before that she lived in Italy for three years. So I have seen her about three times in six years - sounds awful - just the way things have worked out really.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

hope so, haven't seen her for three years and that was a fleeting visit. Before that she lived in Italy for three years. So I have seen her about three times in six years - sounds awful - just the way things have worked out really.
Could you bring me over some Walnut & Raisin Whole Wheat Scones from Fenwicks Food Hall and some Mark Tony ice cream from the Granger market
Just kidding, hope you have a great time with your daughter.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello People
I am to visit my daughter in Portland first two weeks in September. I haven't seen her for three years so I want to make the most of our time. Where can I take her for a suprise night out? I would like to book it myself and keep it a secret, so obviously can't ask her. I don't think she gets to go into the city very often, which I know she will miss being a city girl at home. Somewhere to recommend anyone? Thank you.
ps this is my very first chat room forum thingy ever so apologies if I stray from agreed etiquette. Cheers.
Welcome to BE Ruby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.