Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nanny State - US v UK

Nanny State - US v UK

Old May 29th 2007, 10:23 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nanny State - US v UK

Originally Posted by Thydney
My wife was sacked for being sick our cover ended had we not had savings we'd have no health care.
Is there a lawsuit pending ??
Old May 30th 2007, 12:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
right to fire state, wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
right to fire state, wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Think he was being sarcastic.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Old May 30th 2007, 1:42 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I wasn't.
I didn't realise that "right to work" actually extended to people who fall ill whilst at work - I know they don't do sick pay here but that is taking the piss.

Still, as long as they all go to church on Sunday they'll be fine :curse:
Old May 30th 2007, 1:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I wasn't.
I didn't realise that "right to work" actually extended to people who fall ill whilst at work - I know they don't do sick pay here but that is taking the piss.

Still, as long as they all go to church on Sunday they'll be fine :curse:
I knew you would say that.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:46 am
Thinking about it

I knew you would say that.
Seriously though - utter scumbags - the lowest of the low
Old May 30th 2007, 1:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Seriously though - utter scumbags - the lowest of the low
I agree...it certainly shouldn't be legal to do that.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:22 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Bob's correct it's perfectly legal here.

True I'm sure they confessed and were forgiven
Old May 30th 2007, 2:25 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Nanny State - US v UK

"The Dallas Morning News on Thursday examined how "[a]fter a decade of relative silence, politicians are again broaching the issue of universal health care."

According to the News, "Unlikely coalitions of Republicans and Democrats, insurers and consumers, business and labor are proposing reforms," all of which "vary widely." Democratic presidential contenders Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), John Edwards (N.C.) and Barack Obama (Ill.) have said the establishment of universal health coverage should be a priority of the next president."

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=21833

There's hoping...
Old May 30th 2007, 3:16 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
"The Dallas Morning News on Thursday examined how "[a]fter a decade of relative silence, politicians are again broaching the issue of universal health care."

According to the News, "Unlikely coalitions of Republicans and Democrats, insurers and consumers, business and labor are proposing reforms," all of which "vary widely." Democratic presidential contenders Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), John Edwards (N.C.) and Barack Obama (Ill.) have said the establishment of universal health coverage should be a priority of the next president."

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=21833

There's hoping...
The thing is, the systems of many other countries offer forms of universal healthcare much more efficiently - so one of the worries of the US public, that it would be too expensive, I feel is largely unfounded.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:35 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
The thing is, the systems of many other countries offer forms of universal healthcare much more efficiently - so one of the worries of the US public, that it would be too expensive, I feel is largely unfounded.
Well, as long as they cut out the middlemen. But US Government policy
tends to be to invite as many middlemen as possible to the party.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:38 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Well, as long as they cut out the middlemen. But US Government policy
tends to be to invite as many middlemen as possible to the party.
True
Old May 30th 2007, 12:30 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest obsticle to US Universal health care is the simple fact that too many powerful corporations and individuals stand to lose too much $$$
Old May 30th 2007, 1:05 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

In MA as from JULY...You can't be turned away from hospitals or a doc if you have no money...which happens around here now anyway...our hospital is very slow to send a bill if they ever do...but if you have no healthcare cover you are fined $1700 tax time....so I can see us being very short of min wage workers soon....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.