Nanny State - US v UK

Wikiposts

Nanny State - US v UK

Old May 27th 2007, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nanny State - US v UK

Originally Posted by Thydney
The US is great when everything is going well as it is for you leon, wait till it goes tits up and the thirty/fifty thousand dollar hospital bills arrive
been here a long time never happened yet... nanny state means dependance on your gov here we depend on ourselves and prepare for what we have to do to take care of family and not the lazy arses who dont work and depend on the ones who work to pay their bills thats a nanny state
Old May 27th 2007, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
but i will always have insurance thydney. it's like $600 per month. expensive but affordable. i'm in a niche of a business and hiring folk to work for me, and my wife runs here own sucessful business with her father. i'm not on here to brag. i'd hate to be in a position like you say but its an unlikely scenario. i will always have the $600 for our health insurance per month. its expensive but i chose to live in the USA and not expect the government to bail me out and nanny me for the rest of my life. but thanks anyway my friend.
Let me guess. You're in your mid 30's at the most, no?
Old May 27th 2007, 2:35 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southern comfort
been here a long time never happened yet... nanny state means dependance on your gov here we depend on ourselves and prepare for what we have to do to take care of family and not the lazy arses who dont work and depend on the ones who work to pay their bills thats a nanny state
Is your real name Scrooge by any chance ?
Old May 27th 2007, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

where else can you be 16 get pregnant and have the gov give you a house and pay you a weeky income ?
Old May 27th 2007, 2:41 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

where else can you be 16 get pregnant and have the gov give you a house and pay you a weeky income ?
In Florida. I set up a checking account on friday for a young girl (single parent) who came in with her mum (33 years old also a single parent) for her to receive her benefit from child support and social security which she gets for getting knocked up and she lives in the projects AND her kid will qualify for free health insurance under the healthy kids programme. See it all the time.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggerwood
In Florida. I set up a checking account on friday for a young girl (single parent) who came in with her mum (33 years old also a single parent) for her to receive her benefit from child support and social security which she gets for getting knocked up and she lives in the projects AND her kid will qualify for free health insurance under the healthy kids programme. See it all the time.
I did wonder if they looked after single Mum's some how.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:48 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

All kids should get free healthcare...my grandson does because his mother is on a low wage...and in MA we can nolonger add him to our healthcare...but to be honest the Mass health one is better..
Old May 27th 2007, 2:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by krizzy
All kids should get free healthcare...my grandson does because his mother is on a low wage...and in MA we can nolonger add him to our healthcare...but to be honest the Mass health one is better..
I agree that kids should get free healthcare. My works healthcare was so expesnive and covered so little that we bought my daughter a different insurance that we got ourselves direct from another insurer to make sure she was covered because my work like so many in the US doesn't have to provide decent insurance and as a result they don't bother to which is ridiculous since I work for a major corporation. I have some co-workers who are tellers etc who can't afford to do this so there kids have crap coverage with high deductibles but Southerncomfort would like to throw them under the bus apparently.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:55 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
But what happens when the kids grow up? Typically at age 23 at the latest, they have to come off their parents' insurance. There must be many 23 year olds with jobs that do not offer healthcare. Independent insurance premiums are extremely expensive - especially for those unfortunates who have a serious pre-existing condition. If they're without insurance for more than 63 days, pre-existing conditions may not be covered even if they do land a job which offers insurance.

http://info.insure.com/health/budget.htm

It's flucking scary...
Old May 27th 2007, 2:56 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

but i will always have insurance thydney. it's like $600 per month. expensive but affordable.
Just watch your back. In 1995 I was paying $75 a month for 100% coverage for myself - no copay, no deductible. In 2000 the total premium (employer paid full) was ~$180 a month for myself, 90% coverage. In 2003 the same coverage for two of us was $430 (was about $300 for one person). In 2006, a new plan (and different employer), it was $630 a month with some better, but mostly lower benefits. I know it's a little more expensive this year, but I don't have the numbers in front of me.

The only good thing is that this is unsustainable. It will collapse at some point, and a rethink will be necessary.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:57 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

You selfish beetch!!! How many hard-working people do you think could afford 5 days of intensive care and a bunch of tests and procedures, plus recovery and follow-up care.......... and life-long medical care if, as a result of said illness, they lose their job and become uninsurable?
Old May 27th 2007, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Just watch your back. In 1995 I was paying $75 a month for 100% coverage for myself - no copay, no deductible. In 2000 the total premium (employer paid full) was ~$180 a month for myself, 90% coverage. In 2003 the same coverage for two of us was $430 (was about $300 for one person). In 2006, a new plan (and different employer), it was $630 a month with some better, but mostly lower benefits. I know it's a little more expensive this year, but I don't have the numbers in front of me.

The only good thing is that this is unsustainable. It will collapse at some point, and a rethink will be necessary.
your employer doesnt contribute ?
Old May 27th 2007, 3:51 pm
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Don't be so sure of that. What if you or your wife had a terminal illness? You could be paying hundreds of thousands on top of what your insurance will pay.
then we'd go live with my mum in lincolnshire if it was that dire! jeez lighten up everyone.
Old May 27th 2007, 4:03 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

your employer doesnt contribute ?
They contribute all but $95. But they used to contribute the whole thing. Insurance is getting very expensive, very quickly, and employers are going to be dropping insurance contributions all over the place at this rate.
Old May 27th 2007, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

then we'd go live with my mum in lincolnshire if it was that dire! jeez lighten up everyone.
Don't tell me - you deserve it because you've "paid your stamp"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.