Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Marriage Declaration - Daughters Passport application.

Marriage Declaration - Daughters Passport application.

Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

PandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant future
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So, you didn't write "I'm effing furious!"? How odd!

Since no one here is your servant and isn't obligated to help you figure out a "single sensible reason", it seems there's nothing more that any of us can do for you.

Ian
One can be furious and think it's funny at the same time...you know "If I didn't laugh, I'd cry" type thing?

Yeah, the help and support here has been fantastic. It just reminds me of all the reasons I left the UK in the first place. So long and thanks for all the fish folks!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:05 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PandG
One can be furious and think it's funny at the same time...you know "If I didn't laugh, I'd cry" type thing?

Yeah, the help and support here has been fantastic. It just reminds me of all the reasons I left the UK in the first place. So long and thanks for all the fish folks!

UK can't be all that bad as you seem so desperate to get a passport for your child...
I will put your toys back in the sand box....

hope you sort it out..
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

PandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by candy wy.
UK can't be all that bad as you seem so desperate to get a passport for your child...
I will put your toys back in the sand box....

hope you sort it out..
Actually no...if you recall I did actually mention that it wasn't that important to me, since she has her Canadian one already.

Thanks for reinforcing my decision though!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Actually no...if you recall I did actually mention that it wasn't that important to me, since she has her Canadian one already.

Thanks for reinforcing my decision though!

Really? You'd (figuratively) cut off your child's nose to spite her face?

The UK/EU will always be 20x more important to her than to you.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Declaration - Passport application.

Originally Posted by Sue
The last few pages have really gone off at a tangent, so in order to keep the thread on topic (that being about the delays) I'm moved 3 pages of posts into a new thread.
Thank you! I have been flirting with the idea all morning.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:18 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

Typical you flirted to long and missed the boat..........
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Really? You'd (figuratively) cut off your child's nose to spite her face?

The UK/EU will always be 20x more important to her than to you.
I think I'd be doing her a favour at this point.

When she is old enough to apply on her own, it wont matter who her parents were married to at the time she was born, and she will be able to apply for a British passport if she wants it.

Despite the whole argument, the fact remains she is still 50% British and you can't take that away.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:28 pm
staying around

When she is old enough to apply on her own, it wont matter who her parents were married to at the time she was born, and she will be able to apply for a British passport if she wants it.

Despite the whole argument, the fact remains she is still 50% British and you can't take that away.

lmao are you serious.................
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I was "50% Canadian" for 45 years and I couldn't get a Can passport.
You are being ridiculous now, probably because you can not meet the requirements to pass British citizenship directly to your child.

I was lucky, they changed the law for a few minutes to allow people like me my shot at "my birthright" (which it wasn't, btw).
She may not be able to apply on her own as an adult.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

I was "50% Canadian" for 45 years and I couldn't get a Can passport.
You are being ridiculous now, probably because you can not meet the requirements to pass British citizenship directly to your child.

I was lucky, they changed the law for a few minutes to allow people like me my shot at "my birthright" (which it wasn't, btw).
She may not be able to apply on her own as an adult.
I've managed to get both UK and Canadian passports for two daughters already. This is absolutely the first time I've had a problem.

I'm well qualified in this process already.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think my partners marriage certificate to another man, a relationship which has been over for 18 years, is going to really change that. Do you?
They are not asking for that. They are asking for a declaration she wasn't married to someone else when the child was born. She was. ou need to find out how they want the resulting problem resolved. Sending a marriage certificate which proves the opposite of what they are asking, isn't going to resolve this.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:02 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

You must have been tired from the bike ride last night, that's why it took all morning.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
They are not asking for that. They are asking for a declaration she wasn't married to someone else when the child was born. She was. ou need to find out how they want the resulting problem resolved. Sending a marriage certificate which proves the opposite of what they are asking, isn't going to resolve this.
I realise that...that was the whole point of this original question.

Providing her marriage certificate to another man isn't going to resolve anything for me or the British Passport Office, so I need better options.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:16 pm

I've managed to get both UK and Canadian passports for two daughters already. This is absolutely the first time I've had a problem.

I'm well qualified in this process already.
Were they daughters you fathered with another man's wife?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:22 pm

I realise that...that was the whole point of this original question.

Providing her marriage certificate to another man isn't going to resolve anything for me or the British Passport Office, so I need better options.
Have you emailed the person in the passport office and explained the situation. Otherwise just supplying the declaration, which you can't do, and her marriage certificate might just prompt further questions and delay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.