Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Marriage Declaration - Daughters Passport application.

Marriage Declaration - Daughters Passport application.

Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:38 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by PandG
The passport office didn't know she was married either - they just knew she wasn't married to me - so that rather negates what you're saying. No presumption of that sort could be made from the information they had.

no but they will when she fills in the declaration......
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:41 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, that's laughable...
maybe laughable but the truth....
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

PandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Respectfully, your frustration and anger WRT your daughter's passport seems to be coloring your perspective, and you are now lashing out at people who post anything that conflicts with your position on how things should work.

Ian
I'm not angry - I'm thinking how insanely hilarious this is.

I've not laughed so much in ages.

Nobody yet has come up with a single sensible reason why a marriage certificate is relevant in obtaining a passport...do that, then I'll stop
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

PandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by candy wy.
no but they will when she fills in the declaration......
...OK...so she fills in the declaration...how exactly does that change anything?

Are they going to go "Ohhh nooo, your daughter can't have a passport because the mother is still married to so and so" despite all the evidence that I am the father?

It just doesn't make sense. If they do that, then what? I'm all out of options for proving I'm the dad then, and a divorce after the fact isn't going to make any difference either.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:47 pm
staying around

The passport office didn't know she was married either - they just knew she wasn't married to me - so that rather negates what you're saying. No presumption of that sort could be made from the information they had.

so you lied on the passport application form.... mother has to list all marriages....
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

PandG.

Have you emailed the person from the PO to clarify which document is required or rather if a statement will suffice?

(Given the energy you have exuded in the above posts, I would be very surprised if you have not already obtained the relevant email address.)
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
PandG.

Have you emailed the person from the PO to clarify which document is required or rather if a statement will suffice?

(Given the energy you have exuded in the above posts, I would be very surprised if you have not already obtained the relevant email address.)
I have an email...I have the document (declaration), and it requires a marriage certificate if she is still married.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:52 pm
staying around

...OK...so she fills in the declaration...how exactly does that change anything?

Are they going to go "Ohhh nooo, your daughter can't have a passport because the mother is still married to so and so" despite all the evidence that I am the father?

It just doesn't make sense. If they do that, then what? I'm all out of options for proving I'm the dad then, and a divorce after the fact isn't going to make any difference either.

maybe DNA is an option...
like I said earlier I understand that it doesn't make sense to you.. but under british law the father is presumed to be the husband... unfortunatly that is the law...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

so you lied on the passport application form.... mother has to list all marriages....
No, I wouldn't lie on a passport app, but bear in mind it's been over 12 weeks since I filled the bloody form out and sent it...I've been to sleep since then!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not angry - I'm thinking how insanely hilarious this is.

I've not laughed so much in ages.
So, you didn't write "I'm effing furious!"? How odd!

Nobody yet has come up with a single sensible reason why a marriage certificate is relevant in obtaining a passport...
Since no one here is your servant and isn't obligated to help you figure out a "single sensible reason", it seems there's nothing more that any of us can do for you.

Ian
Forum Regular

maybe DNA is an option...
like I said earlier I understand that it doesn't make sense to you.. but under british law the father is presumed to be the husband... unfortunatly that is the law...
And under the law I am the husband too - albeit "common law"...if we split up, she'd still be entitled to half my stuff.

Can't have your cake and eat it.
staying around

I have an email...I have the document (declaration), and it requires a marriage certificate if she is still married.

I would get what they ask for then see what happens...nothing else you can do at this point..
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:54 pm
staying around

And under the law I am the husband too - albeit "common law"...if we split up, she'd still be entitled to half my stuff.

Can't have your cake and eat it.

not under british law which is what you are claiming citizenship on..

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/governme...es/dg_10026937

Last edited by candy wy.; Jun 20th 2011 at 6:58 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

not under british law which is what you are claiming citizenship on..
This.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Declaration - Passport application.

The last few pages have really gone off at a tangent, so in order to keep the thread on topic (that being about the delays) I'm moved 3 pages of posts into a new thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.