Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Marriage Declaration - Daughters Passport application.

Marriage Declaration - Daughters Passport application.

Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

PandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant future
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by candy wy.
does not matter what you think is irrelevant..
So what, we now just blindly do everything the British Passport Office says?

Pretty sad look out for British democracy if that's the case.

My daughter doesn't really NEED this passport...she has dual nationality, and the Canadians are quite happy to have her as one of theirs, and I'm quite happy for them to have her too if the Brits want to be so picky.

I'll also be applying for my Canadian citizenship forthwith...it's obviously far more trouble than its worth to be British any more.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:49 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PandG
So what, we now just blindly do everything the British Passport Office says?

Pretty sad look out for British democracy if that's the case.

do you want me to pick your toys up you threw out the pram........
no you give the passport office what they are asking for which they are required by law to ask for.....
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

PandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant futurePandG has a brilliant future

do you want me to pick your toys up you threw out the pram........
no you give the passport office what they are asking for which they are required by law to ask for.....
If that's what they want, then they should say so on the application form when I apply...not 12 weeks after they've stolen - yes stolen - my money.

I now have further time and expense to go to...I'm so glad you think this is funny.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:52 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

But she technically was...she's never divorced from her ex of 18 years!

I still say it's completely irrelevant though.
In their eyes it isn't. They are making sure she is your daughter.

As someone who in their police service dealt with quite a few child abduction cases, I can see the relevance of them making sure everything is correct before issuing a passport.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
In their eyes it isn't. They are making sure she is your daughter.

As someone who in their police service dealt with quite a few child abduction cases, I can see the relevance of them making sure everything is correct before issuing a passport.
I'm not really sure what more I can give them to prove she is my daughter, short of sending them a tub of something unsavoury in the mail .

I don't really think my partners marriage certificate to another man, a relationship which has been over for 18 years, is going to really change that. Do you?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:59 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

If that's what they want, then they should say so on the application form when I apply...not 12 weeks after they've stolen - yes stolen - my money.

I now have further time and expense to go to...I'm so glad you think this is funny.
no they have not stolen your money.. you have applied for a passport they are processing the application they have asked for more documentation how is that stealing your money?

I do think your attituded is funny the rules are there for all why should they change them just for you.. sorry if this annoys you but like i said earlier I am glad thay do the checks ....
If you were married to the childs mother you would not be having these problems...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

no they have not stolen your money.. you have applied for a passport they are processing the application they have asked for more documentation how is that stealing your money?

I do think your attituded is funny the rules are there for all why should they change them just for you.. sorry if this annoys you but like i said earlier I am glad thay do the checks ....
Do you not see the irrelevence of this though?

They are asking for a marriage certificate from a failed relationship over 18 years ago.

My daughter isn't even 3 years old!

This certificate proves nothing other than my partner was married a long time ago to a jerk! It has no bearing whatsoever on my daughter's parentage. What exactly is it checking that is remotely to do with her?

I pity the polygamist culture - how the frig do they manage to get passports!???
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:11 pm
staying around

Do you not see the irrelevence of this though?

They are asking for a marriage certificate from a failed relationship over 18 years ago.

My daughter isn't even 3 years old!

This certificate proves nothing other than my partner was married a long time ago to a jerk! It has no bearing whatsoever on my daughter's parentage. What exactly is it checking that is remotely to do with her?

I pity the polygamist culture - how the frig do they manage to get passports!???
I do see in your eyes the irrelevence of this.. but I guess in the eyes of the law it is relevant.. ok how many people have affairs, how do the passport office no that your partner was only seeing you at the time of conseption.. she was after all married..
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

I do see in your eyes the irrelevence of this.. but I guess in the eyes of the law it is relevant.. ok how many people have affairs, how do the passport office no that your partner was only seeing you at the time of conseption.. she was after all married..
The way things are today, my daughter's lucky to HAVE a Mum AND a Dad!

So does that mean a single Mum can't get her kid a passport?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:16 pm
staying around

The way things are today, my daughter's lucky to HAVE a Mum AND a Dad!

So does that mean a single Mum can't get her kid a passport?

you don't get it do you.. your partner is not single.....
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

you don't get it do you.. your wife is not single.....
And again - why does it matter?

She could be married to Donald Trump for all anyone cares...I'm still the Dad and I provided the documents to prove it. Who she is married to is of no significance whatsoever when it comes to parentage.

Passport for my daughter please...and make it snappy!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:28 pm
staying around

And again - why does it matter?

She could be married to Donald Trump for all anyone cares...I'm still the Dad and I provided the documents to prove it. Who she is married to is of no significance whatsoever when it comes to parentage.

Passport for my daughter please...and make it snappy!
and again she is married she is not single just because your name is on the birth certificate does not mean you are the father....we only have your word that she was not having sex with her husband at the same time as you. presumption is that the father is the husband............. if you were BOTH single you would not be having this problem

Last edited by candy wy.; Jun 20th 2011 at 6:30 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

and again she is married she is not single just because your name is on the birth certificate does not mean you are the father....we only have your word that she was not having sex with her husband at the same time as you. presumption is that the father is the husband.............
The passport office didn't know she was married either - they just knew she wasn't married to me - so that rather negates what you're saying. No presumption of that sort could be made from the information they had.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

if you were BOTH single you would not be having this problem
OMG, that's laughable...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still the Dad and I provided the documents to prove it.
Respectfully, your frustration and anger WRT your daughter's passport seems to be coloring your perspective, and you are now lashing out at people who post anything that conflicts with your position on how things should work.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.