Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Horrible maternity leave

Wikiposts

Horrible maternity leave

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Horrible maternity leave

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Apparently I hate children -
You think you hate then now??? Wait til you've had them and they turn into teenagers.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rushman
There'd be less sneering if at least once in that 6 months we'd come home to a waiting dinner, our slippers warmed by the open roaring fire, a scotch with 2 ice cubes in it, all the kids washed , scrubbed and in their PJ's waiting by the stairs for a goodnight kiss from daddy.....instead of walking into a cross between toysRus and downtown Bagdad and a half eaten take away Pizza.

Its not Delivery..its Di sgusting.

Bloody women...want their cake and eat it.
Before I stopped working that's how I pictured it - baking my own bread as well...lol
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

You think you hate then now??? Wait til you've had them and they turn into teenagers.
It's like Dawn of the Dead
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sally
I wont apply for a handgun licence until they've left home....not for their safety..for mine.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:23 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Did I miss something by not reading this thread carefully enough? Am I right in saying that the OP is legally entitled to have a certain amount of maternity leave (a combo. of paid and unpaid), that she plans to take it, that HR says she can take it, and that her boss is being a bit of an asshole about her being gone so long (in his opinion)?

If this is an accurate synopsis, what is the problem? Asshole bosses are everywhere in a country this big. Take your leave, enjoy your family, and return to work when your leave is done. Develop a thicker skin and get over it. You'll be a lot happier if you don't let his attitude bother you. This is not a crisis, no need to make it into one.

~SecretGarden
I don't thihk that the OP made it into a crisis. It was certain others who hijacked the thread to spout off about the ills of society and the nanny state etc etc ad-frikkin-nauseum. But I have to say that an asshole boss can make your life a living hell, especially if you are unable for finacial reasons to leave the job. And lets face it, there is always the everpresent worry that your asshole boss might, a few months down the line, find some other spurious excuse to 'let you go' for daring to take the leave that you are entitled to under law. Certain posters here remind me of the guy in Life of Brian - great race the romans! You know who you are peeps.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:42 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

My wife knows she has no choice but to work - if she wants river property and I want a new porsche and I earn all the money - guess what gets bought - the porsche.

When we first met she did talk about being a stay at home mom but I quickly informed her that this was not acceptable to me - why should the stress be all on me.

Dear God.. you have turned into a Materialistic, all for me, gimme gimme gimme, American!!!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:02 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I hate children - was that post serious too ??
Why should you hate kids? They are wonderful.... especially roasted with carrots, onions, and parsnips, and served with mint sauce.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:08 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Evil, nasty, toxic, vicious things........

Best to keep checking for 3 6's when they are asleep....
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ironporer
Dear God.. you have turned into a Materialistic, all for me, gimme gimme gimme, American!!!
Oh yeah........and what makes you the expert ?

....septic.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally
....or 28 days later..........they do move fast when the phone rings.

But otherwise they do resemble "Bubba" in Day of the Dead.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:42 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
....or 28 days later..........they do move fast when the phone rings.

But otherwise they do resemble "Bubba" in Day of the Dead.
Gosh you're on a roll!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 3:57 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Nice work if you can get it. Nice attitude if you can afford it. What a cold hearted soulless chap you really are Davy. Very muddled thinking on the farrari point too. If you are rich enough for non of this to matter then you can prattle on about individual responsibilities and all the other infuriating 'I, me, mine' Thatcherite crap you have been talking all through this thread. I would love to see how your attitude might change if the only job you were ever likely to get was working 10 hours at Maccys for minimum wage to take care of your family.
You see old boy, this is all about american billionaires squeezing every once of blood, sweat and tears from the american poor without wanting to give anything back.
I am guessing to that if an employer over wanted a farrari there would be some way to write it off as some kind of expense so that in the end someone else would be paying for it anyway. And before you say it, guess what, a large section of american society cannot get the kind of education needed for anything other than soul destroying, low paid, service work. I am guessing this isn't you though? You should be hoping that the meek don't inherit the earth or your ass is grass my friend.
I won't dignify this with a response, except to say that if you want something, anything then you should pay for it yourself - seems fair to me.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
Gosh you're on a roll!
Well, with all the bitching and snarling here ...........

......which reminds me more of trying to pull one of mine off the other.

he started it.....
no, I didn't........he looked at me
...idiot
...am not
...are so
spaz

and so on and so forth........
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:03 am
Maño-Americano

I won't dignify this with a response, except to say ....
Errr... you just DID.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

I won't dignify this with a response, except to say that if you want something, anything then you should pay for it yourself - seems fair to me.
I suggest you get yourself a vasectomy then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.