Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:33 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

OH FFS...I can't take it anymore!!!!

FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT to FREE SPEECH.

If I want to say that the US SUCKS beyond measure when it comes to HEALTHCARE or any other reason, I BLOODY WELL WILL.

It is my right.

If you don't like it....well...you can just fluck off or put me on ignore.

We are immigrants on here. There are good and bad things about this country. I love living here, but I am not blind to its faults.

It is easier for us expats to see, because we come here with fresh eyes and experiences of other countries, and are able to see the shortcomings, a tad more clearly than someone raised here.

Plus, Brits are whingers. The entire world knows that, and ignore it and don't take it personally.

Anyone who says..if you don't like it then leave.....gosh, I hope you took your nap and had your diaper changed today.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krizzy
You can't get good pork pies in the USA...or flush the loo and walk away knowing your house will not flood....
Tons of other things I know but plumbing is one of my major moans...LOL!

Also don't forget this other Chuck Berry classic:

When I was a little biddy boy
My grandma bought me a cute little toy
Two Silver bells on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My Ding-A-Ling My Ding-A-Ling won't you play with My Ding-A-Ling
My Ding-A-Ling My Ding-A-Ling won't you play with My Ding-A-Ling
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie

If I want to say that the US SUCKS beyond measure when it comes to HEALTHCARE or any other reason, I BLOODY WELL WILL.

It is my right.

We are immigrants on here. There are good and bad things about this country. I love living here, but I am not blind to its faults.

It is easier for us expats to see, because we come here with fresh eyes and experiences of other countries, and are able to see the shortcomings, a tad more clearly than someone raised here.

Plus, Brits are whingers. The entire world knows that, and ignore it and don't take it personally.

Anyone who says..if you don't like it then leave.....gosh, I hope you took your nap and had your diaper changed today.
Round of applause here here.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
Round of applause here here.
Yes...well said
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

It is my right.

Might I suggest a little less caffeine?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:52 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by dakota44
Might I suggest a little less caffeine?
[PISS OFF SEPTIC! :curse:
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

[PISS OFF SEPTIC! :curse:
Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

It is my right.

But don't you see a difference between liking where you are and criticism of the things you believe need to be changed, as opposed to being miserable and unhappy and disliking just about everything around you including the people.

Anyone that falls into the latter group, my advise to them is leave, not for me but for themselves.

Not only can I see the shortcomings of the US I can also remember the shortcomings of the place I'm from.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:50 am

People go on the defensive the minute the US is criticized.

Go to the UK, moan like mad at the local about the place and they'll laugh at you and call you a wanker.

See the difference here?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

People go on the defensive the minute the US is criticized.

Go to the UK, moan like mad at the local about the place and they'll laugh at you and call you a wanker.

See the difference here?
Maybe if if your from the UK, I doubt it very much if you were from a foreign country.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

America is a great country. I mean face it....................

"America. 20 million illegal aliens can't be wrong."
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

well anywhere's better than what they come from.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:10 am

Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britvic
well anywhere's better than what they come from.
I have know a guy from Leeds living here in SF, he's been living here illegally for around 10 years. He recently married an American woman, so I suppose he'll get legal now.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by surly
Maybe if if your from the UK, I doubt it very much if you were from a foreign country.
Which nationality are you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.